Forums

ForumsPopular Media

New Star Wars Movie

Posted Feb 28, '13 at 3:29pm

ihsahn

ihsahn

431 posts

They've already said it's gonna be a brand-new original story not based on any of the books or comics. Which means no Heir to the Empire, no New Jedi Order, no Outbound Flight, or whatever, at least not a direct adaptation. It's a whole new story we've never heard/read/watched before.

Which is a **** shame, because the Vong war would've made for a kickass trilogy. Killing Chewbacca in the first god**** movie? That'd make people pay attention. This isn't your daddy's Star Wars.

Posted Feb 28, '13 at 9:29pm

daleks

daleks

3,312 posts

Awww. That stinks. I really wanted to see Darth Caedus die. It would have been so epic.

Posted Mar 1, '13 at 10:23am

Squidbears

Squidbears

652 posts

Can't have Darth Caedus without the yuuzhan vong war.. It's kind of an integral part of his character development

Posted Mar 2, '13 at 5:52am

partydevil

partydevil

5,109 posts

Can't have Darth Caedus without the yuuzhan vong war.. It's kind of an integral part of his character development

what if it is set 100.000 years after anything star wars related was done and all the darth dudes come back in some way to destroy the univers once and for all. mhuhahahaha.

=P

Posted Mar 2, '13 at 6:21am

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,166 posts

Knight

Don't really want to see anything post Episode VI with a diluted Jedi Order.

Posted Mar 2, '13 at 2:26pm

ihsahn

ihsahn

431 posts

Don't really want to see anything post Episode VI with a diluted Jedi Order.

There's some really, really good Extended Universe material past Episode VI, you know.

Posted Mar 2, '13 at 8:30pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,166 posts

Knight

There's some really, really good Extended Universe material past Episode VI, you know.

I know. Star Wars Fanboy here. I just have never grasped and embraced the idea of a resurrected Jedi Order that has lost much of its character.

Posted Mar 2, '13 at 10:29pm

daleks

daleks

3,312 posts

I feel as though that if you don't follow the books it will get really confusing.

Posted Mar 3, '13 at 1:30am

ihsahn

ihsahn

431 posts

I feel as though that if you don't follow the books it will get really confusing.

That's probably what Disney feels as well, and why the next movie will require no more previous knowledge than one might glean from watching the original trilogy; probably way less than that.

But still... Jedi, Luke Skywalker, the Empire... these things are like part of popular culture now. Everyone knows these stories. Ugh, I don't know. We really just have to trust them on this one. I would've particularly loved to see a Thrawn trilogy adaptation (Thrawn is such a good freaking character and villain), but that always seemed really unrealistic.

Posted Mar 3, '13 at 10:48am

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,277 posts

Awww. That stinks. I really wanted to see Darth Caedus die. It would have been so epic.

Why do you want to see me die, I would rather see my brother die (Anakin Solo), because if he doesn't die, I might not have the Anakin Solo to command when I take over the universe.

But still... Jedi, Luke Skywalker, the Empire...

All of which are in the Yuuzhan Vong war.

~~~Darth Caedus

Reply to New Star Wars Movie

You must be logged in to post a reply!