Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Why Would Anyone (in the right mind) Worship Satan?

Posted May 2, '13 at 5:38pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,437 posts

The Islamic God is a bit more different than the Judaic-Christian God..if I remember correctly

It's the same 'God', as in they all stem from the same belief system, they're all omni-stuff, etc. But their specific actions, prophets, and 'personalities' are often disagreed upon.

Posted May 2, '13 at 9:53pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,776 posts

Knight

But their specific actions, prophets, and 'personalities' are often disagreed upon.

Hell (no pun intended) that stuff has a tendency to disagree even within the same religion.

Posted May 2, '13 at 11:07pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,437 posts

that stuff has a tendency to disagree even within the same religion.

Of course, but the differences tend to start there, seperating the main groups. The only thing they all agree on is that there's one creator God. Pretty much everything else is defined differently by every sub-group within the main religion. Which laws are for now, which for then? What spiritual realms are there? What parts of holy books are literal?

Posted May 2, '13 at 11:44pm

Bladerunner679

Bladerunner679

2,534 posts

(By the way, whoever said they'd surf on the lake of fire needs to do a bit of research on burning sulfur. Just saying.)

Just say all you want, it's a joke and one meant to lighten the mood of the conversation, which by now has turned into the same thing it always has. It comes down to which god provides the most benefit (evidence, good feelings, etc.) for the opportunity cost of believing in it over some other deity. This conversation will always go back to this basic principle.

that stuff has a tendency to disagree even within the same religion.

It's an undeniable fact that dissent will always be within organized religion. The reason why is because the god people believe in is usually a manifestation of their own personal beliefs, opinions, and ideas, which is essentially how people can use god's will as a justification for their actions. Because someone has a differing belief, instead of doing the rational thing and drop out of religion, they will splinter off and create a new sub-religion where they will try and make other people follow their belief, someone will disagree, and the cycle will continue.

Back to satan: the guy has clearly shown himself to be the cooler guy (and in many cases the more honorable, friendly, relaxed, and light-hearted). I think the better question for those who believe he exists is why would you not worship him?

-Blade

Posted May 3, '13 at 2:03am

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,437 posts

I think the better question for those who believe he exists is why would you not worship him?

Out of fear of the not-so-honorable, jealous, petty, unjust, vindictive, bloodthirsty, unforgiving control freak who opposes him.

Posted May 3, '13 at 5:10am

wontgetmycatnip

wontgetmycatnip

95 posts

The Islamic God is a bit more different than the Judaic-Christian God..if I remember correctly

In my view at least, each and every believer worships a different god. I keep hearing about Jesus and Allah and YHWH, and I never hear the same fellow described twice.

Posted May 7, '13 at 12:50am

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,776 posts

Knight

In my view at least, each and every believer worships a different god. I keep hearing about Jesus and Allah and YHWH, and I never hear the same fellow described twice.

Considering they are a construct of the person's mind, that's kind of correct. This is also why it's good to ask someone to define god.

Posted May 15, '13 at 5:49am

mbbs112

mbbs112

174 posts

man you guys know nothing,people should worship god because hes the one who made everything and even if you guys worship satan then its bye bye to you because god gave us free will to see if we obey him or not so life is basically a exam,do good=paradise,do bad=hell so if you guys are atheists or worshippers of satan then you'll get punished real bad and im a muslim.So when you guys are getting punished then dont blame God,blame yourself

Posted May 15, '13 at 6:51am

partydevil

partydevil

5,119 posts

im a muslim.So when you guys are getting punished then dont blame God,blame yourself

if the christians are right. then your going down to hell whit us. ^^

and i believe in him as soon as i c him.
he can't deny that i believe in him as soon as i c heaven. ;)

Posted May 15, '13 at 7:09am

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,240 posts

Knight

man you guys know nothing,people should worship god because hes the one who made everything and even if you guys worship satan then its bye bye to you because god gave us free will to see if we obey him or not so life is basically a exam,do good=paradise,do bad=hell so if you guys are atheists or worshippers of satan then you'll get punished real bad and im a muslim.So when you guys are getting punished then dont blame God,blame yourself

Then in that case, if most of the world is going to hell, since only one religion is the true one, I might as well go with the majority.

as i c him.

Maybe it's a Her. Or an It. Or Them.

Reply to Why Would Anyone (in the right mind) Worship Satan?

You must be logged in to post a reply!