Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Should cussing be allowed on Armor Games? Nope.

Thread Locked

Posted Mar 27, '13 at 8:55pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

11,701 posts

Knight

I don't see why this is even up for discussion. The admins decided a long time ago to censor certain words and to discourage use of those words, and I don't think they're going to change that just because of this thread.

Posted Mar 27, '13 at 10:24pm

Blackbeltr0

Blackbeltr0

802 posts

Next, some people are old enough to see it, but maybe they don't like it period.
Finally, maybe www.armorgames.com should automatically put a * when they detect a cuss word! It would make much more sense due to some children on here who CANNOT see it because they are not allowed

They alredy block it just not everything can be caught...

Children under 13 are not allowed on this site. I agree there should be no swearing but we are all old enough we know most words. If anyone is under 13 then seeing swearing is their problem and the swearers problem.

I say yes cussing! There's nothing wrong with it! It's just words!

ok just words... Then why is there a difference. The words mean things that are not good or appropriate so these "just words" would not be cuss words if they were Words.

Eh, I don't see how allowing them could benefit us in any way.

Great point, why use them it does not benefit the AG society...

Posted Mar 27, '13 at 10:32pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

11,701 posts

Knight

Children under 13 are not allowed on this site.

That's an inaccurate statement. The 13+ rule is only for creating an account. You can still view the site and play the game even if you're under 13.

Posted Mar 27, '13 at 11:13pm

blk2860

blk2860

10,700 posts

ok just words... Then why is there a difference. The words mean things that are not good or appropriate so these "just words" would not be cuss words if they were Words.

Because, people are taking offense to it. There are a lot of other offensive words that aren't cuss words like "Retarded", "Gay", "Crap", and other words. It's not how you say it, or what you say, it's how they take it. And how are they not "Good" or "Appropriate"? Everyone already knows them, and don't say that it corrupts the "innocent" minds of children. Because that's total garbage. When I was from 7-10 some pretty messed up things were going through my, my friends, and every other kid's minds.

Great point, why use them it does not benefit the AG society...

Uhhh... Yes it does. It lets us be expressive and many scientific studies report cussing actually relieves physical pain.
Source: http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=why-do-we-swear
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1913773,00.html

There are a lot of other sources I could give too.

Posted Mar 27, '13 at 11:18pm

blk2860

blk2860

10,700 posts

Uh oh. Here is a better link to the second one. I accidentally included there in there.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1913773,00.html

Posted Mar 28, '13 at 9:19am

mbbs112

mbbs112

174 posts

i dont think cussing should be allowed on armor games as this is a gaming site and people say cussing at games comments so if they want to cuss dont write it just write what you think in a appropriate way

Posted Mar 28, '13 at 11:26am

blk2860

blk2860

10,700 posts

Like I said. A kid will get in trouble for saying "Retarded" or "Gay" so it's not just cuss words that aren't appropriate. I mean, everyone already knows cuss words anyway. Kids aren't innocent. You don't write it in an appropriate way. That's total garbage.

Posted Mar 28, '13 at 12:07pm

ask08

ask08

52 posts

I have been reading alot of what you guys and girls have bveen saying. I appreciate it! But, I am not allowed to see it really myself because yes I am 13...but I am not allowed to! I mean it is a bad ugly thing! And I am not even allowed to say them. I believe "hell" when used with God is OK but there are other purposes people use it too! Like "Go to ____". I just don't like it! Thank you for those who have answered! I believe we need to stand up and speak our rights! And also...there are somekids who cheat and say that they are 13....but they really aren't! I mean, on Quizlet (www.quizlet.com) there are many kids who have cheated and said they are 13.....when they are not! They are 10,11,12 and they do it so they can chat to others (only 13 and up are allowed to chat on there). I just really feel that cussing just is NOT a pretty sight or sound! Thank you though to all who have responded...Maybe...just maybe...the whole world will start responding! Who knows! Thank you though to all who have answered! ~ask08~

Posted Mar 28, '13 at 12:58pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,761 posts

ok just words... Then why is there a difference.

Because of the negative connotation we, as a society, have given them

I mean it is a bad ugly thing!

Not necessarily

I believe "hell" when used with God is OK but there are other purposes people use it too! Like "Go to ____".

So..let me get this straight
"I believe it is used in situation X then it is ok. But if someone uses it like situation X, then is wrong"

Saying 'go to Hell' is using it "with God" as it is using it in the sense of the Christian place of Hell

I believe we need to stand up and speak our rights!

If we did this..then we'd all be here saying they should allow cursing

there are somekids who cheat and say that they are 13.

(note: Not saying cussing should necessarily be allowed with this statement) We shouldn't have to adhere to those kids that lied and said they are 13 when they are actually younger. Those kids lied and said that they are at the selected age where they should be mature enough for this site.

I just really feel that cussing just is NOT a pretty sight or sound!

Well..that is your opinion

Maybe...just maybe...the whole world will start responding!

To this thread? That's funny

Posted Mar 28, '13 at 2:34pm

ask08

ask08

52 posts

No...the people I have heard say it "Go to ____" is meant in like a way when they are mad.....