ForumsNews and FeedbackShould cussing be allowed on Armor Games? Nope.

44 18810
ask08
ask08
51 posts
Nomad

Hi! I believe cussing should NOT be allowed on wwww.armorgames.com
First, there are younger children on here who don't like to see it because they are too young to see it.
Next, some people are old enough to see it, but maybe they don't like it period.
Finally, maybe www.armorgames.com should automatically put a * when they detect a cuss word! It would make much more sense due to some children on here who CANNOT see it because they are not allowed to...what do you think? Please respond! I want to see what you think! Cussing bothers me and I know it is bad...I just want to see what others are thinking...but please...don't just put random cussing things on here... Thank you very much... and also... Armorgames rocks!

• 44 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I don't see why this is even up for discussion. The admins decided a long time ago to censor certain words and to discourage use of those words, and I don't think they're going to change that just because of this thread.

Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

Next, some people are old enough to see it, but maybe they don't like it period.
Finally, maybe www.armorgames.com should automatically put a * when they detect a cuss word! It would make much more sense due to some children on here who CANNOT see it because they are not allowed

They alredy block it just not everything can be caught...

Children under 13 are not allowed on this site. I agree there should be no swearing but we are all old enough we know most words. If anyone is under 13 then seeing swearing is their problem and the swearers problem.

I say yes cussing! There's nothing wrong with it! It's just words!

ok just words... Then why is there a difference. The words mean things that are not good or appropriate so these "just words" would not be cuss words if they were Words.

Eh, I don't see how allowing them could benefit us in any way.

Great point, why use them it does not benefit the AG society...
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Children under 13 are not allowed on this site.

That's an inaccurate statement. The 13+ rule is only for creating an account. You can still view the site and play the game even if you're under 13.
mbbs112
mbbs112
198 posts
Peasant

i dont think cussing should be allowed on armor games as this is a gaming site and people say cussing at games comments so if they want to cuss dont write it just write what you think in a appropriate way

ask08
ask08
51 posts
Nomad

I have been reading alot of what you guys and girls have bveen saying. I appreciate it! But, I am not allowed to see it really myself because yes I am 13...but I am not allowed to! I mean it is a bad ugly thing! And I am not even allowed to say them. I believe "hell" when used with God is OK but there are other purposes people use it too! Like "Go to ____". I just don't like it! Thank you for those who have answered! I believe we need to stand up and speak our rights! And also...there are somekids who cheat and say that they are 13....but they really aren't! I mean, on Quizlet (www.quizlet.com) there are many kids who have cheated and said they are 13.....when they are not! They are 10,11,12 and they do it so they can chat to others (only 13 and up are allowed to chat on there). I just really feel that cussing just is NOT a pretty sight or sound! Thank you though to all who have responded...Maybe...just maybe...the whole world will start responding! Who knows! Thank you though to all who have answered! ~ask08~

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

ok just words... Then why is there a difference.

Because of the negative connotation we, as a society, have given them

I mean it is a bad ugly thing!

Not necessarily

I believe "hell" when used with God is OK but there are other purposes people use it too! Like "Go to ____".

So..let me get this straight
"I believe it is used in situation X then it is ok. But if someone uses it like situation X, then is wrong"

Saying 'go to Hell' is using it "with God" as it is using it in the sense of the Christian place of Hell

I believe we need to stand up and speak our rights!

If we did this..then we'd all be here saying they should allow cursing

there are somekids who cheat and say that they are 13.

(note: Not saying cussing should necessarily be allowed with this statement) We shouldn't have to adhere to those kids that lied and said they are 13 when they are actually younger. Those kids lied and said that they are at the selected age where they should be mature enough for this site.

I just really feel that cussing just is NOT a pretty sight or sound!

Well..that is your opinion

Maybe...just maybe...the whole world will start responding!

To this thread? That's funny
ask08
ask08
51 posts
Nomad

No...the people I have heard say it "Go to ____" is meant in like a way when they are mad.....

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

No...the people I have heard say it "Go to ____" is meant in like a way when they are mad.....

Whether they are mad or not..they are still using it in the sense of the Christian location of Hell
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

*cracks knuckles* I got a bone to pick with censorship in, well, anything.

First off, we all know curse words. The Terms & Conditions of Armor Games state you have to be over the age 13, and past that age you probably know every curse word out there. Not saying that you should babble them all out in one sentence like an idiot but most curse words aren't as "bad" as people make them out to be. For instance, the A word. Its original definition was to refer to an animal, a donkey obviously. It isn't a bad word, and used to be the traditional name for the animal, and it wasn't a bad word. And the H word, its original intent was to be a place in which people would go to as a consequence from defying gods law in the Christian religion, it isn't a bad word as well. It is a place, and through a 50 - 50% chance possibly a mythical place (I'm not saying it is, just using the logic that not all people believe in it).

Those words aren't bad words to be honest, they are just words. However the big words like the S word and the F word are different cases because they are used as violent expression or possibly even an insult. So if you call someone a "S***-head" or a "Dumb-f***" then they can be censored under the Commenting Rules & Regulation rule "No Flaming". But calling someone a a** is no different from calling someone a noob or such, its just a word and in out case, a silly one.

What I don't understand is why media insists on censoring this type of content from shows and movies when this type of language is used EVERYDAY. Whenever I go out to a mall or something similar people can use the most viol language and yet you don't see police officers telling someone they can't use the F word or the N word, yet they still do and you don't see a man getting arrested for that. Which is why cursing isn't bad. And the excuse media has for censoring curse words is a dumb one, even if a child heard Jim Carry say s*** it is the responsibility of the parent to tell their child what is politically correct or not. The media has no say in such things, nor should they.

So to get back to answering this question, not all curse words should be censored. If the word is not pointed towards someone it should not be censored in my opinion.

rojer12
rojer12
12 posts
Nomad

and im only 11

rojer12
rojer12
12 posts
Nomad

i didnt know we have to be 13

TerminatorXM214
TerminatorXM214
222 posts
Blacksmith

Well, I like the idea of censor's, because it is not pleasant to look at words like that. About the word 'hell', because I'm a Christian, I have some strong feelings about it and the word 'God'. They are not inappropriate, nor 'bad' words. But according to the Bible, they shouldn't be used in vain. So just walking around, something happens, and using one, that's in vain, as in, there isn't a reason to say the Lords name when your favorite musician came out with a new album.
When you tell someone to "Go to ----", you are cursing. Literally. I'm new, so I'm not completely sure how you all feel about a religious debate, so I'm going to stop talking about its incorrectness according to the Bible.

About being 13+, well, I've never lied about my age, but I know some people have, and there isn't anything we can do about it. But, as aforementioned, many children over 8 know most of the offensive words there are. I mean, I walk down the street and here a 7-year-old shoot out an exceptionally crude one while texting his 8-year-old buddy on a smart phone.

Also previously mentioned was the fact that many people can easily bypass filters with nothing more than a period in the middle of the word. We can't stop people from doing that either.

So, I think they should be censored. It may not help too much, but it can get most of them. The rest, well, we just have to put up with. I mean, following the terms of agreement, we're 13+. The people under that age aren't following the rules, so again, we can't do anything.
But, for the sake of any religious debate, neither the Lord's name, nor the word for perdition should be filtered.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

In an ideal world, we would have software to replace any attempts at swearing with the word *BLEEP*. However, there will always be a way to circumvent it by breaking up the word with punctuation.

elves
elves
5 posts
Nomad

i didnt read the posts but if u dont want young ones to see cuss words cant we all just use abbreviating the words like wtf or any other # of abbreviations for cuss words

IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

You can be more offensive without swearing than you can using "Hell". I won't say any examples but you can easily use a mix of normal words to insult someone more than that.

Anyone want to tell me what bad word that is?!?

Well... don't tell anyone I told you this but... *shifty eyes*

D@NIELMCNEELYD@NIELMCNEELYD@NIELMCNEELY

*runs*
Showing 16-30 of 44