ForumsNews and FeedbackShould cussing be allowed on Armor Games? Nope.

44 18811
ask08
ask08
51 posts
Nomad

Hi! I believe cussing should NOT be allowed on wwww.armorgames.com
First, there are younger children on here who don't like to see it because they are too young to see it.
Next, some people are old enough to see it, but maybe they don't like it period.
Finally, maybe www.armorgames.com should automatically put a * when they detect a cuss word! It would make much more sense due to some children on here who CANNOT see it because they are not allowed to...what do you think? Please respond! I want to see what you think! Cussing bothers me and I know it is bad...I just want to see what others are thinking...but please...don't just put random cussing things on here... Thank you very much... and also... Armorgames rocks!

• 44 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Finally, maybe www.armorgames.com should automatically put a * when they detect a cuss word!

They already do censor swearing.
ask08
ask08
51 posts
Nomad

I see....but why do I still see them??? Like I see (please don't count this as cussing) "hell"

Eleneora
Eleneora
3 posts
Nomad

Hell?? lol? Since when is hell a swear word. i hereby demand for "heaven" to be placed on swear ban list too! Or teh devils will sue for discrimination!

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I see....but why do I still see them??? Like I see (please don't count this as cussing) "hell"

Several things:

1) It is possible to bypass the profanity filter, but doing so is considered worse than swearing normally. If the filter is bypassed, you will see a swear word in a different form.
2) As GhostOfMatrix said, there is a profanity filter, but your definition of swearing is broader than the definition programmed into the filter.
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

Like I see (please don't count this as cussing) "hell"

Because this site is for mature people 13 and above.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

i hereby demand for "heaven" to be placed on swear ban list too! Or teh devils will sue for discrimination!

Because, you know, hell isn't anything other than a "location"

---

While the discussion is here..I strongly believe (as do many others..including at least on, un-named, mod) that r@pe shouldn't be censored
IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

Hell isn't really that offensive. It is also is needed to have discussion with religion. Sure, you can use it offensively but it is a word needed for discussion.

Besides, nearly every other "Cuss" word is placed under asterisk.

Eg.

I think you can be more offensive using regular words than using "Hell".
rojer12
rojer12
12 posts
Nomad

if your talking about ban for bad words then i did the same thing in another site i said that if they said a bad word 2 times they will be banned for 1 or 2 hours and there should be **** on bad words no bad words no bad words no bad words no bad words and armor games rock

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

AG set the rules and its their decission which words are blocked by their filter, and thats ok.
If you want a "clean"-site for everyone... well, then you have to ban out 1/10 of a lexicon (yes, i overstate here... conscious^^).

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

bad words no bad words no bad words no bad words no bad words

Um..you ok there? Was that a seizure or something?
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

[quote][quote]bad words no bad words no bad words no bad words no bad words

Um..you ok there? Was that a seizure or something?[/quote]

Who said that? I can't find who you quoted anywhere?[/quote]

What pangtongshu quoted (in triple quote here) was part of rojer12's post.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Because this site is for mature people 13 and above.

Mature people? Teenagers? HOHOHO! I just cannot help but laugh at that. I'm 17, and I'm probably as mature as a 13 year old.
bigjacob
bigjacob
578 posts
Farmer

Eh, I don't see how allowing them could benefit us in any way.

wishfulpoison77
wishfulpoison77
124 posts
Nomad

I say no cussing.

SubZero007
SubZero007
883 posts
Peasant

Anyone want to tell me what bad word that is?!?
Showing 1-15 of 44