ForumsGamesDS vs PSP

781 122802
lorden95
lorden95
18 posts
Nomad

what is the best Nintendo DS lite or Psp?

• 781 Replies
sk8brder246
sk8brder246
740 posts
Nomad

how is there any competition here obviuosly the PSP is thousands of times better. it has internet, sliding screen. the new one will have two touchscreens, and the graphics are so much better. PSP is the obviuos winner. DS is just for parents who want their kid to play nice wholesome games.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

how is there any competition here obviuosly the PSP is thousands of times better. it has internet, sliding screen. the new one will have two touchscreens, and the graphics are so much better. PSP is the obviuos winner. DS is just for parents who want their kid to play nice wholesome games.

Yes, because hardware that can do many low-quality features that other separate hardware can do hundreds of times stronger is much better than hardware that is focused on one aspect of entertainment.

You win one Lol!

The PSP has a shoddy game library. There are few games on the list that actually stick out. For the rest, they are either ports of other popular games that are lower in quality and are just generally The Epitome of Suck. The PSP can have a media player, can browse the internet, can take pictures, and has many different themes to choose from. However, there are two things you need to realize. One, there are many other hardware that can do this far better than the PSP. Two, the PSP is supposed to be a gaming machine. In the gaming aspect, it sucks.

And yes, any person that wants a system for the graphics and for reversed-engineered features that were obviously adopted from a superior system you are comparing can respectfully win another Lol from me.

The Nintendo Double Screen focuses on one aspect: gameplay. It has a massive game library, for playing games if you haven't noticed, that successfully adopts the main feature of touch-screen-gameplay. Should gaming hardware do other things besides gaming? NO! If they didn't, then they would be able to focus directly on what the distributors are supposed to sell it for and gain much more popularity and profit.
Pedro97
Pedro97
1,870 posts
Jester

I prefer playing PSP to a Nintendo Double Screen. I don't like the style of touch screen or double screen of the Nintendo, I prefer a simpler thing like a PSP and I think DS is for younger children. And the was the 3DS giving trouble in the people's vision or something?? I know I read it somewhere..

SirKnight
SirKnight
8 posts
Blacksmith

really both of them have their advantages and disadvantages. I prefur the PSP because it has more mature games for it. the DS is more childish but comes with a touch screen, not all to crazy about that. Personally i think the graphics are better on the PSP as well.

brisingr5665
brisingr5665
40 posts
Nomad

the original psp is better than ds lite, but dsi and xl kick the psp's ***. so im going with ds even with new psp coming out. and i dotn even own either of them ive just borrowed em quite alot.

firedragon64
firedragon64
159 posts
Nomad

the new psp2 is coming out with touch screen so...psp

xXKashitoXx
xXKashitoXx
829 posts
Nomad

the new psp2 is coming out with touch screen so...psp

You mean Next Generation Portable (NGP)? Yeah that will be cool. But I honestly will pick DS because it has 3d (the new one) and it already has a touch screen.
indie55
indie55
610 posts
Nomad

It really depends what you want out of it. Although with the NGP coming out the divide between them deepens. The PSP is a superior game system especially with PSN and homebrew games.

xXKashitoXx
xXKashitoXx
829 posts
Nomad

I'm a person that likes Pokemon, so i will pick ds because pokemon games are made for Nintendo only.

killerobo
killerobo
19 posts
Nomad

psp has cooler graphics and has versions of the ps2 and ps3

ErijianWolf
ErijianWolf
8 posts
Nomad

Graphics don't make a game, or a consle in my opinion. So I say the DS all the way.

chitown
chitown
1,614 posts
Farmer

I like the PSP better. You can do way more things on it and it has more games that I like.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

As was stated in the sticky thread of Vs. Thread Rules, posts must contain constructive responses and, in general, a reason for why they chose X or Y. Some posts (~6) were removed because they decided not to. You guys know who you are.

I prefer the DS over the PSP, because I love the double-screen-touch feature where the games get creative over how to accomplish tasks, like touching the screen to move walls. The PSP doesn't have such a feature. The only things that the PSP tops over the DS are the media features and the stronger graphical quality. But real gamers don't care about that stuff, do they? ;D

^
|
|

Look at dat opinion response. So sexy. So divine.

chang
chang
846 posts
Nomad

I would have to say that I prefer the PSP, it has more features and better graphics. It also allows for more room for customization. It just seems like you do so much more than just play games on it and although the two screens on the disk can be cool at times it just isn't enough to put it ahead of the PSP in my book.

firedragon64
firedragon64
159 posts
Nomad

ds sucks psp all the way. all you need to do is hack your psp and you can get any nintendo game on your memory stick. ds is just so dumb its a handheld for little kids

You can hack a DS too
Showing 751-765 of 781