Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Boston Marathon Explosion

Posted Apr 16, '13 at 7:48am

partydevil

partydevil

5,097 posts

One has to be a major coward to attack innocent people like this.

or this

Posted Apr 16, '13 at 8:05am

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,068 posts

Knight

This is also rightly national news because many people involved were from other states and some were from other countries. And the FBI took over the case.

Regardless, the point that Newton or Aurora were not going to be hugely publicised a decade ago as they were but ''local'' news is dubious and contentious.

or this

Sadly yes, Iraq and Syria are rocked by Boston-Marathon-esque bombings daily, yet the world and the public pays little attention to it.

Posted Apr 16, '13 at 8:14am

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,977 posts

idk Overall, national news used to seem more "national" and local news used to seem more "local". Now it's just a sea of events from wherever.

Posted Apr 16, '13 at 9:12am

goumas13

goumas13

4,487 posts

This is a horrible and senseless tragedy, truly sickening. I hope the police get to the bottom of this, lock up the culprits and work out how to prevent further attacks like these.

Posted Apr 16, '13 at 2:15pm

danielo

danielo

1,394 posts

These imagies look too familiar for me...

If you guys can send some good link, as in Israel the attack does apear on the news, but there is not much information, and im losing myself on the CNN and FOX sites...

Posted Apr 16, '13 at 4:52pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

It's a shame that **** like this happens.

Posted Apr 16, '13 at 5:46pm

MrStealth

MrStealth

137 posts

ikr. what if people werent like this

Posted Apr 17, '13 at 5:26am

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,977 posts

what if people werent like this

Then we wouldn't have much to talk about.

If you guys can send some good link

Wiki's ok.

Posted Apr 17, '13 at 7:01am

thepunisher93

thepunisher93

1,859 posts

may be reaction to the things you do to other people?

Posted Apr 17, '13 at 7:50am

Strop

Strop

10,823 posts

Sadly yes, Iraq and Syria are rocked by Boston-Marathon-esque bombings daily, yet the world and the public pays little attention to it.

Interestingly enough my facebook feed is featuring these kinds of posts a lot more than I've ever noticed in the face of previous similar incidents. I won't disagree with increased global awareness and a certain media inequity, but I do wonder how this came to be.

Reply to Boston Marathon Explosion

You must be logged in to post a reply!