ForumsForum GamesThe End-Times ~ This is How You Died ~ You & Kate

90 13840
Kanine
Kanine
74 posts
Nomad

Hello! Welcome to The End-Times. This is a zombie game. I'm sure right when most of you read the 'zombie' word, you're thinking to yourself, Oh Geeze. Another one? Well... I'm pretty sure no one has ever done anything like this in a forum game before. That is why I'm bringing it to you here and now.

*Don't read this unless you care about why the title is the way that it is*
The title is long and confusing I suppose, so I'll elaborate. The series is called The End-Times. The 'This is How You Died' part is in there because that is the main gist of the game. The 'You & Kate' part is the name of the story you will be playing.This game isn't about how to find a cure, and how you saved the world. This game is actually about your death. Its inevitable. But, the way you play, is like a story. Everything you achieved, every action you made, will be made into a story. And the ending will, of course, explain how you died. I hope that in the future, I can make more 'End-Times' games, and add a book of one of your (the players) stories in the next game, or maybe somehow make the stories connected in a way. This game might be long, or it may be short. It all depends on how well you do.

On to the important stuff. The game is pretty realistic in my opinion. You will be given a decent sized character sheet, but I'll have a much bigger one so I can keep track of exactly what you did in your story to be precise as possible with updates and things like that. There won't be stat bars or percentages for hunger or any basic needs though. Instead, you get moodlets, or effects.For example, say you killed a couple of zombies in your first days of slaying them. You may become nauseous, or come down with anxiety. There will be different levels of hunger, thirst, and so on. Peckish is very slightly hungry, then it goes up from there. Under the effects will be a description of what the type of effect is doing to your character. There are many more moods and effects, but you can discover them for yourself as you play.

As for the main game play, I only have one story for everyone to try. The story will differ in some cases, depending on what you want to do, so in a way, even though its the same story it can still be changed from another players version.

I hope this hasn't confused anybody so far. I confuse myself pretty often. Anyways, I will give the story just below this, then give an example of the character sheet.

~The Story~
Kate, your wife, has been keeping along with you pretty well, until things got a little too rough. In your 'fortress', which was a two story building with many entry points such as windows and doors, was found by raiders. One man in particular, who had worn a black vest, blue jeans, and black shoes, has ran you off of the fortress you both called a home. It was well barricaded... till the man tore it down. He doesn't have a name, but there are plenty of names that you'd both enjoy calling him.

• 90 Replies
evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

You said to not always copy sheet? well on project zomboid I only have the desura one....
so if my knowledge serves correctly, theres a bathroom to the left of the room, and in that bathroom should be some beta blockers and painkillers. So I check out the bathroom there.

Kanine
Kanine
74 posts
Nomad

You said to not always copy sheet?

True. If a new effect, or better known as 'moodle' shows up, then it will be shown in bold in the text within the description I give. Any other things, such as weather will also be in the descriptions.

if my knowledge serves correctly, theres a bathroom to the left of the room, and in that bathroom should be some beta blockers and painkillers. So I check out the bathroom there.

This game is only similar to Project Zomboid in the way that the story is extremely similar to the one in the game itself. The items aren't the same though. You'll find a lot of different things, just as you would in the real world. This way, the game will stay fresh and hopefully exciting. Painkillers are still there, but Beta-Blockers are most likely gonna be called Antibiotics.

Michael,

I check out the bathroom

You leave Kate momentarily to aid her. She seems to have tried to whisper something, but you ignore it. The injury is more important, although you look back and nod your head to try to keep her hopes up. She slowly positions her head, and tries to crack a smile.

You enter the bathroom, and the light from a window beside Kate's bed lightens it up heavily. There is a bathtub with a few splotches of dried blood inside. The smell is rancid.

You take a moment to search the only applicable option - the cabinet. You open it, and it seems as if people have taken from this before you've gotten here. In the cabinet on the front row, you spot some deodorant, a small bottle of body wash, some dissovable sleep melts, and headache medicine. You can also see a few things in the back of the cabinet, so you quickly move aside the other items in order to get a view of the ones in the back. Your view widens, and you see an empty tube of toothpaste, a glass cup, and a can of air freshener. You look down, and spot a few white pills in the sink that have managed not to fall into the drain; however, you can't seem to recognize them.
evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

I grab the pills in hope I can find a doctor, and take the other two bottles of pills, the deodorant, and the body wash.

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

Oh and I also check the faucet to see if we still have water.

Kanine
Kanine
74 posts
Nomad

I grab the pills in hope I can find a doctor, and take the other two bottles of pills, the deodorant, and the body wash.

You fit all of the contents into your pockets in a slight rush.

I also check the faucet to see if we still have water.

You take a moment to observe how the faucet works. There are two knobs on either side of the faucet; the right for cold, and the left for hot. You twist left knob, but nothing comes out except a small drop. You try for the right knob, and a jet of water comes shooting out. Seems like only cold water is applicable here.
evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

Name: Michael simons
Appearance: 6"11, blue eyes and balding brown hair. A sturdy build, around 210 pounds.
----------
Clothing: Red T-shirt, Green cargo pants and sneakers.
----------
Inventory: Unknown pills, Bottle of sleep melts, Bottle of headache pills, Can of deodorant, Body wash.
----------
Skills:
----------
Moodlets & Effects: Slight panic

Hah sweet! I quickly scan the room for a sharp peice of broken glass, and then report back to karen on what I found.

Kanine
Kanine
74 posts
Nomad

I didn't post the character sheet with the items that you took, but I recorded it on my own in another document. I want this to be pretty realistic, so I won't re-post what type of items you have. However, if you want to know what you're carrying, you could always just check your pockets for the items you have if you forget, or you could just look back at what you picked up on the previous page or post, or use some other way. If you check the items in your possession when your calm and not panicking, you'll know the exact number of what you've got.

I quickly scan the room for a sharp peice of broken glass, and then report back to karen on what I found.

I think you mean Kate. Its a good thing you didn't say Karen to her face, she might have gotten a different idea.

After spending a short amount of time looking for a piece of glass, you find nothing. There are no shattered windows or mirrors around either, so that explains why there are none. Since you couldn't find that, you go back to Kate's bedside, and tell her what you've found.

"Honey... I found some things that you might need." you say to her, while you feel her forehead. It feels warm, but she doesn't seem to have any type of fever.
She looks at you with a concerned look.
"Don't worry Kate, it feels fine... nothing to be alarmed about. Now... I found some sort of headache medicine. Do you need it?" you ask in a soft tone.

"No dear, I'm fine." she says slowly. "Can you please find something to bandage my leg, honey? I'm ge..." she pauses to swallow. "...getting lightheaded." she closes her eyes and tries to calm herself down a bit.

(I do this kind of interaction between you and other characters to create a kind of story line, and to speed up the game play a bit. If you want, you can choose to be hostile, neutral, or friendly towards people by telling me in your posts. If you're character, Michael, is angry or stressed however... he'll respond negatively to anyone, some more than others. If you don't want me to automatically do these scenarios for you, then you can tell me and have the conversations yourself, but they will slow the game progress down.)
evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

Hmmm I'd like my charector to be calmful. also, will skills transfer when you die?

I check the dresser you talked about in the room, if I find a table cloth, or shirt, or blanket I try to rip it and tie it around her leg. if I dont, I tell kate that im going downstairs to look for things and maybe around the neighborhood.

Kanine
Kanine
74 posts
Nomad

Michael,

Hmmm I'd like my charector to be calmful.

Done. You can change this at any time.

will skills transfer when you die?

No.

I check the dresser you talked about in the room

You open the dresser, and a small amount of clothing can be seen on hangers. A thin, wooden cylinder reaches across the top portion of the dresser, with clothes hung onto hangers inside. There are different colors of sweatshirts, v-necks, a few polo shirts, and a few different colors of pants as well. On the bottom lie a few unorganized socks scattered inside. No type of table cloth was found.

You are still slightly panicking, but you try to keep yourself calm in order to be as efficient as possible to find what your looking for.

"Honey!" Kate interrupts. "The bed sheets." she says. She gestures towards the ones she's laying on. "Just rip some off that's hanging off..." she coughs, then doesn't finish her sentence. She tries to calm herself down again, as she tries to position herself comfortably again.

"Kate, try not to move, okay? The more you move that leg, the longer it'll take for your leg to heal." you say, as you walk over to her.

You rip the bed sheets off that were hanging off the edge, and carefully rap the bandage around and tighten it. Unfortunately, her leg wasn't being suspended by anything, so it caused a lot of pain. She almost screamed there for a second.

"Shhh, shh. It's okay." you say, trying to calm her down. "I think you should take some of the sleep melts that I got."

"Michael, you know I can't swallow pills."

"No, no. They're sleep melts." you say, putting emphasis on 'melts'. You take the case of sleep melts out of your pocket, and open two of them with your finger nail. "This should do... it will help you sleep, or at least relax a little more. All you have to do is suck or chew. They will just melt in your mouth, okay?"

She leans her head up just a bit for you to slip the melts into her mouth.

"They're a natural substance," you say, after reading the description on the case. "so no need to worry about any addiction of any kind." You can tell that eased her mind immensely. She slowly leans back into position and closes her eyes as she breathes slow and deep. The sign of her relaxing and finding a calm, cool place within her mind as she calms down puts your mind at a little bit of ease as well.

You notice that you've got only one sleep melt left, then put the case back into your pocket.

After looking past Kate, and out of the window, you can see the sun setting. It's going to be dark soon. The radio's clock shows 6:00.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

*pang

Anyways..

I grab the supplies from the cabinet, then rush over to Kate and check her for any open wounds that I could cover with a sweater and/or sock.

I also hand her some of the pain killers to take

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

Ok lets look my stuation over,
Kate: broken leg, bandaged

good, good. I sit with kate until she falls asleep (or has she already?) and then go downstairs to look for a hatchet, or a knife, or anything. then I check the kitchen for foodstuffs to get for tomorrow.

Kanine
Kanine
74 posts
Nomad

Pang,

I grab the supplies from the cabinet

You collect the items and place them in your pockets in a random order.

then rush over to Kate and check her for any open wounds that I could cover with a sweater and/or sock.

You can see clearly where the bone is broken within her left leg, and there is a lot of blood on her and the bedsheets. You tend to her wounds by taking one of the dull-colored sweaters from the tall dresser, and cover her leg with it.

She looks at you strangely. "You can't find anything better than a sweater?" she asks, with a concerned look. "The fuzz from it will probably bother me to high hell." she states. "Pang, I don't mean to boss you around or anything, but ripping the bedsheets off and wrapping it and tying it around my leg will be way better than a sweater." After her sentence, her face clenches as she feels the pain surge through her body.

Aside from everything that's happened, you are starting to feel a little peckish.

(I didn't do this kind of thing this time, but if you want, you can choose to be hostile, neutral, or friendly towards people by telling me in your posts and I will automatically have your character speak to others to create a small story or scenario and to speed the game play up. If you're character, Pang, is angry or stressed however... she'll respond negatively to anyone, some more than others. If you don't want me to automatically do these scenarios for you, then you can tell me and have the conversations yourself, but they will slow the game progress down.)

Michael,

I sit with kate until she falls asleep

She's still awake, but the melts seem to be working. You walk to the other side of the bed, and lie on top of the covers with her.

"I'm so sorry I got us into this, Michael. I panicked, and I... I just did what I thought was right."

"It's okay, dear. Really. I'm taking good care of you, you have no need to worry. And it isn't your fault." you say. There is a pause, and then you speak some more. "We aren't running anymore."

"Mike," she begins, in a soft, tired voice "do you remember that night on the cruise ship we took to the Caribbean? It was so beautiful. God... haha... I remember that idiot... John I think, who broke the glass bottle over Gary's head. he was so pissed, but we all laughed... and had a great time. And Gary ended up laughing too, right after he was basically shooting smoke out of his ears. And Carey, wow she was crazy!" she continues, her voice still sounding exhausted. "I remember she danced with that random guy that she kept staring at across the bar... and then we all went to the top deck and danced, and she knocked him off by hitting him with her butt!" she says, giggling, yet still with a tired expression. Then, she pauses for quite a while, then she picks up the conversation again. "I miss them, Michael. I miss them all, so much." She reaches for your hand to hold it.

"I miss them too, Kate. We have each other. Maybe... maybe we'll find them again some day... Gary was always hotheaded, but he knew his way around danger. So did John. And Carey... she was always a party girl... but she's definitely had some experience with dealing with crazy things after being a police officer for sixteen years. I'm sure they're all just fine." you tell her. She smiles, and then fades into sleep within a matter seconds. You'd like to believe everything you just said... and part of you does, but you can't scrape the feeling that you said it only to comfort Kate. You really have no clue, and hardly any hope for whats left of your old life. Its a nagging feeling that is terribly consistent. However, you've stopped panicking now. You feel content in the bed as you lie with Kate.

and then go downstairs to look for a hatchet, or a knife, or anything

Since you are feeling a little peckish, you decide to go to the kitchen to look for food, and a weapon that you'd like to have to keep you and Kate safe. Unfortunately, the cabinets in the kitchen are dreadfully empty. Only dust and broken glass lie within the three cabinets under the sink. No other cabinets exist in this house. On top of the counter however, are a few kitchen knives that could be used as a defensive weapon. Only decor accompanies the kitchen knives on the counter. After you found the knives, you decide to open the fridge to check for food. Surprisingly, the fridge is still running, and keeping everything inside cold. The cold rush of air tingles your skin and causes goosebumps to show after feeling it. The door swings open, and you find a container of milk, a bag of carrots which seem to be close to empty, and a box of Klondike bars. You lift the container of milk. It feels very light. Only a small amount of milk remains. After assessing that, you check to see how many carrots are in the bag. You take a small moment to count, and you've come up with at least sixteen. Finally, you move to the Klondike bars, and find three inside. They are Reese's flavor as well.

You take a glance at the window above the sink, and see that it is completely dark now.
Kanine
Kanine
74 posts
Nomad

Evilsweetblock, by the way, I found your safe house in World of the Living Dead.

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

Umm I dont remeber that game, can you give me a little but of an idea of it? I may have quit playing that. anyhoo, you forgot to let me tell kate about the running water. also I take the broken glass and a knife, stuffing my face with 2 carrots to keep me tied till morning. after doing that, I go to the backyard, remebering I saw a fiqure over there. it may have been from panic, but I'd like to check.

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

THAT GAME! ugh itsbeen so long, My comp wont let me play it. ima check it riht now.

Showing 16-30 of 90