ForumsForum GamesThe End-Times ~ This is How You Died ~ You & Kate

90 13874
Kanine
Kanine
74 posts
Nomad

Hello! Welcome to The End-Times. This is a zombie game. I'm sure right when most of you read the 'zombie' word, you're thinking to yourself, Oh Geeze. Another one? Well... I'm pretty sure no one has ever done anything like this in a forum game before. That is why I'm bringing it to you here and now.

*Don't read this unless you care about why the title is the way that it is*
The title is long and confusing I suppose, so I'll elaborate. The series is called The End-Times. The 'This is How You Died' part is in there because that is the main gist of the game. The 'You & Kate' part is the name of the story you will be playing.This game isn't about how to find a cure, and how you saved the world. This game is actually about your death. Its inevitable. But, the way you play, is like a story. Everything you achieved, every action you made, will be made into a story. And the ending will, of course, explain how you died. I hope that in the future, I can make more 'End-Times' games, and add a book of one of your (the players) stories in the next game, or maybe somehow make the stories connected in a way. This game might be long, or it may be short. It all depends on how well you do.

On to the important stuff. The game is pretty realistic in my opinion. You will be given a decent sized character sheet, but I'll have a much bigger one so I can keep track of exactly what you did in your story to be precise as possible with updates and things like that. There won't be stat bars or percentages for hunger or any basic needs though. Instead, you get moodlets, or effects.For example, say you killed a couple of zombies in your first days of slaying them. You may become nauseous, or come down with anxiety. There will be different levels of hunger, thirst, and so on. Peckish is very slightly hungry, then it goes up from there. Under the effects will be a description of what the type of effect is doing to your character. There are many more moods and effects, but you can discover them for yourself as you play.

As for the main game play, I only have one story for everyone to try. The story will differ in some cases, depending on what you want to do, so in a way, even though its the same story it can still be changed from another players version.

I hope this hasn't confused anybody so far. I confuse myself pretty often. Anyways, I will give the story just below this, then give an example of the character sheet.

~The Story~
Kate, your wife, has been keeping along with you pretty well, until things got a little too rough. In your 'fortress', which was a two story building with many entry points such as windows and doors, was found by raiders. One man in particular, who had worn a black vest, blue jeans, and black shoes, has ran you off of the fortress you both called a home. It was well barricaded... till the man tore it down. He doesn't have a name, but there are plenty of names that you'd both enjoy calling him.

• 90 Replies
evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

Hey anine, im going to scrap that aco**** because all my guys are dead from hunger, im making another.

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

erm nevermind. about the scrapping of the account

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

Im sorry for spammining so much, but Scratch all of that. Im maknig a new account on it, and the username will be Evilsweetblock2

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

Apparently Ive done this before 6 times, so its evilsweetlbock7... Im going to stop posting aobut this now.

Kanine
Kanine
74 posts
Nomad

Michael,

you forgot to let me tell kate about the running water

I'm sure she isn't deaf, so she heard the water from the bathroom. The door was open anyways.

I take the broken glass and a knife

You manage to fit the broken glass in a pocket on the lower leg, and the knife on the other side, although the medium sized kitchen knife isn't really secured in the pocket due to its size.

stuff my face with 2 carrots to keep me tied till morning

The carrots fill your stomach very slightly. (The carrots in the bag are small carrots by the way, not full carrots. They are about the size of your pinky finger.)

After feeling satisfied, you go to bed and rest.

You wake up at four in the morning, according to the clock. You peek out of the window; the suns light is barely showing, but its there none the less. You're feeling quite hungry, but you ignore it for a few seconds to peek out of the window at the backyard. You stretch, then gaze into the yard. A stone well is the only thing in sight. You change angles to get different views of the backyard from the window, but the well is the only thing you can see.

You're slightly sweaty... probably from sleeping in your clothes plus the lack of a fan or air conditioning system in the house. Its a great feeling temperature outside... if feels like its around 70 degrees Fahrenheit, but that didn't help. The sweat is irritating, and its a little itchy as well. The stench doesn't help too much, either.
Kanine
Kanine
74 posts
Nomad

HAHA! Okay, my name in the game is Veksing. And for some reason, I suck at scavenging. My people never find ANYTHING worth while. Especially not food. They can never find any good resources without getting injured extremely easily.

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

I whisper in kates ear to wake up, if she does'nt, I say it louder until she does. once she wakes up, I ask her if shes hungry and if she is, theres food downstairs for us. if she isnt hungry, I tell her she needs to eat to keep her strengh up. So I go downstairs and bring the bag of baby carrots upstairs and a klondike bar.

Kanine
Kanine
74 posts
Nomad

Michael,

"Kate. Kate... wake up, dear." you whisper, gripping her shoulder lightly.

She hesitates to make a single movement for a moment, then breathes deeply and stretches. "Ow!" she yelps, quickly snapping back into her old position.

"Stay still, okay?" you say, in a normal tone.

"I can't even stretch anymore without it hurting, Mike. This is terrible."

"It'll heal eventually, Kate... even without medical attention. Bones are amazing, you know. Your body knows just what to do. Anyways... you need to eat to keep your strength up."

"What is there to eat?" she asks, lowering her tone as the pain slightly loosens.

"Well, I found some milk, which will help your bones probably. I found some baby carrots, and some Klondike bars as well... the Reese's kinds."

"Is that all?" she asks, sounding a little disappointed.

"That is all." you confirm. "I'll go down and bring you a glass of milk and some food."

"Okay honey."

You get out of the bed, and walk down the stairs. Hopefully Kate didn't mind the stench of your sweat. She didn't seem to, at least.

You open the refrigerator, and the cold air strikes your face again, cooling you off. Since you cannot find any type of glass cup anywhere, you decide to take the entire carton up to Kate, along with one Klondike bar and the bag of carrots. The carton of milk is really only enough for one person, anyways.

You arrive to Kate again, setting the food items on the table with the radio, and organize it to where she can reach it easily without straining too much.

"This will do." you say.

"Thank you, dear." There is a pause. She hasn't picked up her food yet. "What is your plan for today?" she asks.

(Aside from everything else, your beginning to feel thirsty. Currently, you're now feeling thirsty, hungry, and sweaty/stinky.)

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

... i was purposly avoiding to shake her to avoid causing pain, but that works....

I tell kate that Im gonig to explore the nearby nieghborhood. I quickly grab another 2 carrots from the bag to eat and before I leave I check the downstairs bathroom (if theres not one, I check the living room.)

Kanine
Kanine
74 posts
Nomad

... i was purposly avoiding to shake her to avoid causing pain, but that works....

You didn't cause pain from gripping her shoulder lightly. She stretched and caused pain herself.

I'm going to update tomorrow, goodnight.
Kanine
Kanine
74 posts
Nomad

Michael
-------------------

"I'm going out to explore the neighborhood... maybe I'll find something useful."

She nods, and puts a small smile on her face. After grabbing and consuming two of the carrots from the bag, you make your way downstairs. The carrots didn't seem to help too much at all, you still feel hungry.

As you descend down the stairs, the bottle of headache pills that you picked up from the bathroom upstairs is making quite a lot of noise as it shakes around in your pocket.

You meet the bottom floor, and examine the rooms. You open a door dead ahead of the staircase, and it is a bathroom. Its very messy though, and the stench is horrid. You enter for a moment, and find blood splattered all over the walls. Before doing anything else, you decide to leave that for a moment to investigate the rest of the house. As you walk a few steps forward, a kitchen comes into view, with a door beside one of the seven counter tops. A fridge accompanies them, while a sink lies on top of another. The door leads to the backyard, where you saw the well. You exit that area, and enter the living room, where a window is right beside another door that leads outside. To the left of that are two more doors. You open both of them to find that they're both bedrooms.

Suddenly, you hear moans. It sounded like it came from right outside the window beside the side door entrance; the one you just examined. You haven't seen anything yet, however.

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

I Mutter "aww ****" as I walk to the window with my knife ready. hopefulyl after killing it if I can, I will sit down in the living room, see what I have, and then go back upstairs and put the meds back into the cabinet. I keep the strange unknown pills though, taking another carrot as I head downstairs.

Kanine
Kanine
74 posts
Nomad

(If you don't give a specific way on how you kill the zombie, or whatever you'd be killing, then it would be automatically determined on what your character does. Same with crafting make-shift items.)

You approach the window, getting ready to lift it up. The zombies growls a little louder, then it comes into view. It stops for a second, then turns towards you and looks at you through the window. You almost lift the window up to deliver a killing blow to the head, but at that same exact moment, its brains get blown out of its head, and it crashes to the grass outside. It was a shotgun blast.

The blood from the zombie has splattered on the window, obscuring most of whats on the other side of it. There is a momentary silence.

Kanine
Kanine
74 posts
Nomad

Forgot to add this.

In the heat of this moment, you almost forgot about your sweat, hunger, and thirst.

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

I get down, hoping he didn see me, pull out the knife and wait by the door. If he says he's friendly or ignores the house, I leave him alone. but if he barges in and hasent seen me, I pounce out and gut his neck. If he had seen me, I wait for a responce out there telling me to do stuff or whatever. If he does see me and tries to act peacfully I let him in, but tell him not to go upstairs. If he comes in NOT peacefully, I let ihm do what he wants. for now.

Showing 31-45 of 90