ForumsWEPRWhat would be the best way to unpopulate the earth

255 90737
thecode11
thecode11
239 posts
Nomad

Any answers hopefully humane and by unpopulate i mean lower human populations.

• 255 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Just so we are clear, you chose Ernie's answer over contraceptives?

Because condoms and birth control are so much more fun and appealing than recreational drugs, alcohol, and guns.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

The problem, though, is that after you've reached half a billion, who is going to climb out of the bunker and declare that the laws are re-instated?

The guy with the nukes. Of course.

Actually, I wouldn't need actual nukes. I'd just spread the word via social networking, because you can't seem to get rid of those sites even in an apocalypse, and tell everyone that the laws were back in effect, and if they didn't follow said laws, I'd just nuke them. Or rather say I would.

But seriously, I would acquire a large army before I did any of this, just to keep people from killing myself and other higher-ups who obeyed my apocalyptic code.

This idea of killing everyone using free will has really just turned into me becoming some kind of generalissimo, so I don't think we're going to solve anything here. Just give people drugs, guns, and complete freedom, and eventually they'll create their own moral code and social contract to protect each other.
Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

Actually, I wouldn't need actual nukes. I'd just spread the word via social networking, because you can't seem to get rid of those sites even in an apocalypse, and tell everyone that the laws were back in effect, and if they didn't follow said laws, I'd just nuke them. Or rather say I would.

But seriously, I would acquire a large army before I did any of this, just to keep people from killing myself and other higher-ups who obeyed my apocalyptic code.

Vote Ernie for USSR 2 thousand and fourteen.
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

How about we just kill off an entire people? We could vote on it so it is fair. Like, for example, the Jews. There are a lot of them and killing all of them would greatly decrease the world pop.. I think it's a pretty unique idea and would do the world a favor. I'm sure they would be fine knowing it was for the betterment of our race.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Like, for example, the Jews. There are a lot of them and killing all of them would greatly decrease the world pop.

Question: Full Jewish or people with Jewish heritage?

I'm not asking so I can hide just in case...j-just for a friend
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

What if we intentionally melted the polar ice caps? As in, more so than we're already doing. How much would sea levels rise if Antarctica's massive ice shelf were to completely melt? Should kill a few million here and there, at the very least.

(Was this supposed to be a serious thread?)

How about we just kill off an entire people?

How about we just kill everyone in the world? That'd solve that dang population crisis once and for all, and we'd never have to fix it again.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Personally, if you have an idea on how to do it (futuristic or not), I'd like to hear it.

Raising the global temperature would be the ideal method, but it would require a more extensive knowledge of greenhouse gases, how they effect our atmosphere, and how to increase their presence in the most effective way possible.

It's definitely a plausible solution, provided that the idea generally accepted by environmentalists about greenhouse gases negatively effecting our environment is reasonably true. Then we could take their knowledge and use it against them. We'd obviously need quite a few scientists for this one, but it's certainly not impossible.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

Good point Matt. Though I'm absolutely certain Devoidless was completely honest and serious with his novel idea. I say novel because it sure is not evocative of any kind of hypothetical past event.

It's definitely a plausible solution, provided that the idea generally accepted by environmentalists about greenhouse gases negatively effecting our environment is reasonably true. Then we could take their knowledge and use it against them. We'd obviously need quite a few scientists for this one, but it's certainly not impossible.

It seems the oceans have been storing a lot of heat which could explain the apparent hiatus in global warming these last 20 years, but this is likely to stop working in the near future so I don't even think we have to do much; just sit back and enjoy!
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

[quote=Ernie15]Make alcohol, cigarettes, and hardcore drugs readily available to every human being on Earth. Legal driving age? Slash it in half in every country. And while you're at it, double the price of food, water (if you want free water, you have to get it from the ocean), and all household utilities. And gun laws? Who needs them?

Now you have an apocalyptic wasteland that will be nearly impossible to recover from.[/quote]

Hmmm... sounds oddly familiar, doesn't it.

[quote=MattEmAngel]nor is it doing the world a favor in any way, unless you want to talk religion,[/quote]

By Jove, religiously speaking, the man thinks you may have a point! :/

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

By Jove, religiously speaking, the man thinks you may have a point! :/

I accept his defeat with dignity and grace.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

I don't know, I find this quite humane. I mean, yes some people will be left to deal with the radiation, but for the most part the majority of the populace will be killed swiftly and painlessly.

Screw you pang, the precious dear butterflies still fly awkwardly in Japan. D:
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Fine.

How about people break into a secret compound run by some pharmaceutical company. Let's call them 'Parasol'. We find that they are doing weird tests with viruses to make a biological weapon for military use, called the B Virus. The virus kills people but then they reanimate and try to pass on the virus via bites! The reanimated corpses? Let's call them 'Biters'.
But! When the group breaks into the secret base, everything goes awry and the virus is spread! The entire city over the base (Capybara City, for the record) becomes infected and the virus spreads like wild fire. The only way to sterilize the outbreak is to drop a nuke on the city.
But the threat isn't over! Because it turns out there was a more potent version of the B Virus being developed elsewhere and it was called the Z Virus. So now that is spreading everywhere! And it ends up in obscure Spanish and African towns!

Soon or later, the population will be ravaged and only a handful of people survive. Those survivors will have to fight for supplies. It won't be odd to see two people force feed rotten bananas to strangers until they die. There will be many deaths from baseball bat beatings and snipers hiding on a hilltop.

After all that is done, the world will have time to repopulate slowly.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Resident Evil?

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

And DayZ, thank you very much. They are very credible sources.

FishPreferred
FishPreferred
3,171 posts
Duke

Well, that beats my idea to engineer a strain of superpowered carnivorous ragweed and wait for a blindingly spectacular meteor shower.

Showing 211-225 of 255