ForumsForum GamesWar For Ore (Mining RPG)

742 176943
lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

In the year 2034...
Mining can be dangerous, being crushed, suffocated, or trapped and starved to death are only the usual risks. You could also be redirected into the sewer and drowned, shot by other rogue miners, or eaten alive by monsters from the depths. But they pay is good, the right merchants will pay handsomely for minerals or metals, and the wrong merchants will pay the gear you steal from other miners.
To start your life as a miner fill out the character sheets below.

Name:
Description: Optional
Currency: $300
Arms: None
Armour: None
State: Healthy
Items: Pick-axe, knife.

Also spend you starter money for gear at Godmund's Shop.
(Note: Weapons will stay in your items list and not under arms until you choose to equipped them)

-------------------Godmund's Shop----------------------------------------------

Gas mask: Mask that blocks out toxic fumes with a cloth covered in charcoal, is made of laminated glass so it won't shatter if it cracks. $40

Rebreather: Mask which recycles the air the wearer is breathing. $100

Kevlar: Dense synthetic body armour, well capable of stopping any non-magnum bullet under 7mm and spreading the impact force. $100

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Colt Predator
Type: Revolver
Type stats: Double-action Non-magnum
Ammunition: 10mm lead bullets
Ammunition feed type: six chambers
Cost: $150

Name: Concord-forger
Type: Revolver
Type stats: Double-action Magnum
Ammunition: 7mm lead bullets
Ammunition feed type: six chamber
Cost: $180

Name: Snyder and Kemp
Type: Handgun
Type stats: Single-action
Ammunition: 6mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 12 bullets in a clip
Cost: $120

Name: Gorgon
Type: Handgun
Type stats: Double-action
Ammunition: 9mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 8 bullets in a clip
Cost: $200

Name: Double barrel
Type: Shotgun
Type stats: 15mm bore
Ammunition: Buckshot
Ammunition feed type: Brake-action, two shells

Name: Barb Spitter
Type: Shotgun
Type stats: 12mm bore Pump-action
Ammunition: Fletchette shells
Ammunition feed type: four shells

Name: Uzi
Type: Sub-machine gun
Type stats: 12RPG
Ammunition: 5mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 25 bullet clip
Cost: $200

Name: Waster
Type: Sniper rifle
Type stats: Magnum, laser-pointed
Ammunition: 11mm magnum bullets
Ammunition feed type: One bolt-action loaded round
Cost: $210

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Medical attention: Healing for all injuries. $20

Medical kit: For healing whilst in the mines, limited resources. $50

Medical Insurance: Unlimited free medical attention. $650

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 742 Replies
stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

Name: John
Description: A 23 year old miner wanting to earn some money.
Currency: $30
Arms: Concord-forger
Armour: Gas mask
Items: Pick-axe, knife, medical kit.

I'll mine near the city.

stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

Arms: Concord-forger 6/6

I'll mine near the city.

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

Name: Lurch
Description: Young punk-rocker and general low-life. He became a miner to further his knowledge of explosives so he might one day overthrow the government. Viva la Revolution!
Currency: $195
Arms: Hagwraith micro 20/20 (20)
Armour: Gas Mask
State: Healthy,
Items: Pick-axe, combat knife, med-kit,

"No effin' way, man! I spent a lot of money on this, and you come barging in out of nowhere demanding arms." I laugh at the entity, "You're a weird alien."

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Name: Max Blunt
Description: Max (or Maximilian) is rational, ambitious, rather cowardly (according to some sources) and smart. The demonic 16-year-old went into mining because he wants to work his way to the top and until he's there he's going to trample anything and everything in his way. Also, he's dirt poor.
Currency: $0
Arms: Snyder & Kemp
Armour: Rebreather
Items: Pick-axe, knife, 6mm mags (12) x3, Jigjam Arm-band
In locker: $35

I meant "the hell", yes. What's the value of these rocks? If it's under 10$ a kilo, I'm going deeper.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Name: Edward Neo
Description: Edward is a mysterious and shy boy, he's 20 years old. He is very intelectual and smart. After a tragedy, he was forced to become a miner to earn his living.
Currency: 0
Arms: Gorgon (8/8)
Armour: Rebreather mask
Items: Pick-axe, knife, turquoise gem x2.

The match flares a bright blue color and is very good for illuminating the area ambiently, it dimly. From the beautiful patter cast of the ceiling by the match you can see that someone has scratched the words to Tom Waits'es Underground into the concrete.

Would you like to mine up copper, or the bones of extinct animals?

Description: Young punk-rocker and general low-life. He became a miner to further his knowledge of explosives so he might one day overthrow the government. Viva la Revolution!

"Oh, Okay then. How 'bout the knife?"
The sun is starting to creep up the horizon.

Description: Max (or Maximilian) is rational, ambitious, rather cowardly (according to some sources) and smart. The demonic 16-year-old went into mining because he wants to work his way to the top and until he's there he's going to trample anything and everything in his way. Also, he's dirt poor.

The stone is valued to closer to $35 dollars a kilo.

stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

I'd like to mine copper

neoexdeath
neoexdeath
374 posts
Farmer

Description: Edward is a mysterious and shy boy, he's 20 years old. He is very intelectual and smart. After a tragedy, he was forced to become a miner to earn his living.

I keep following Samantharina (why she has such a long name?!).

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

I will try and pick up maybe 3 kilos of the rock, dump it in the locker and go to the next level down.

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

"Again, I'd have to say no. It's nothing personal I am just unsure of your intentions. Listen, we've got to get going, and it's up to Alazzander and Penny here if you can tag along." I turn to the rebels, "What d'ya say guys? Can we keep him?"

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

You find a copper-mine in the rough part of town and manage to smash the padlock with your pick. Inside is a large rusty barn with a trap-door leading into the mine.

(This forum is set a couple of billion years into the future after the apocalypse, and after the world was re-colonized completely, most technology is at if not higher than the modern level by now, but cultural changes have occurred.)

As you journey deeper Samantharina starts humming Underground and there is a noticeable increase on the frequency of gem patches on the walls.

You do so without a hitch, but on entering the next level of the mine you have a fit of coughing because there is so much agitated sand in the air, here people are digging deeply into the gritty sand with shovels.

"Gas-mask?" It asks hopefully.
Alazzander says it can come along is it can find her own food, Penny seems skeptical.

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

You do so without a hitch, but on entering the next level of the mine you have a fit of coughing because there is so much agitated sand in the air, here people are digging deeply into the gritty sand with shovels.

**** IT GODMUND, THAT REBREATHER COST 100 DOLLARS!
Or was I not wearing it? I equip the rebreather and ask someone what they're digging for.
Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

*DARN

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

Name: Ilden A. Rendegraverâ¨
Description: Ilden was born in New Greenland, He has finally acquired a Pick-axe capable of actually breaking rock & the musculature required. Ilden has followed the Mineral-Rush, he intends to acquire enough money to buy the cure for his older brothers illness. Brass colored hair, dark brown eyes and coffee brown skin.â¨
Currency: $133
Arms: None
Armour: Gas Maskâ¨
State: Bruised.
â¨Items: ,Medical Kit, Yellow lump nick-named 'Ãrevoks' Journalâ¨, Pick Axe.,
k17 micro assault-rifle 10/20

Ilden splashed into the rising water, he was swimming along in the darkness, He would drown If he didn't find land soon. He heard raspy chanting in the distance. "Ãrevoks! Ãrevoks! Ãrevoks!" To the steady beat of a drum.
Ilden swam towards the source of the noise. He saw a large raft made of mutant hamster fur, and approached it anyway, daringly. On the boat he saw Alice walking back and forth with a whip, Godmund beating the drum and 8 slave clones of his brother rowing ores, rasping the "Ãrevoks!" as they did so.
It was some kind of disease boat, Ildens brother after all had lung flake. Ilden realised he couldn't get on the boat. "Godmund! Help me! Throw your drum!"
The gun salesman got up, lifting his drum with him. "It costs $180!" He yelled, then took out a concord-forger and began shooting at Ilden, missing mostly, the shells that came out of the gun seemed unnatural, especially as they began to fill up the dark lake, soon he was swimming in waves of the metallic cylinders. Ilden grabbed his shoulder jerking in pain as a bullet hit him, then he went under, the shells somehow becoming transparent like water as he did so, he saw yellow cylinder shapes reflected off the roof of the cave.

Bang!!!

Ilden woke up in a cold sweat, he had fired his assault rifle and put a hole in the floor.

stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

I open the trap door, go in the mine and look around.

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

"No. I need that to waste pigs, you see. Pigs are very fond of tear gas." I explain to the creature before we leave, "What should we be calling you?"

Showing 451-465 of 742