ForumsForum GamesWar For Ore (Mining RPG)

742 176835
lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

In the year 2034...
Mining can be dangerous, being crushed, suffocated, or trapped and starved to death are only the usual risks. You could also be redirected into the sewer and drowned, shot by other rogue miners, or eaten alive by monsters from the depths. But they pay is good, the right merchants will pay handsomely for minerals or metals, and the wrong merchants will pay the gear you steal from other miners.
To start your life as a miner fill out the character sheets below.

Name:
Description: Optional
Currency: $300
Arms: None
Armour: None
State: Healthy
Items: Pick-axe, knife.

Also spend you starter money for gear at Godmund's Shop.
(Note: Weapons will stay in your items list and not under arms until you choose to equipped them)

-------------------Godmund's Shop----------------------------------------------

Gas mask: Mask that blocks out toxic fumes with a cloth covered in charcoal, is made of laminated glass so it won't shatter if it cracks. $40

Rebreather: Mask which recycles the air the wearer is breathing. $100

Kevlar: Dense synthetic body armour, well capable of stopping any non-magnum bullet under 7mm and spreading the impact force. $100

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Colt Predator
Type: Revolver
Type stats: Double-action Non-magnum
Ammunition: 10mm lead bullets
Ammunition feed type: six chambers
Cost: $150

Name: Concord-forger
Type: Revolver
Type stats: Double-action Magnum
Ammunition: 7mm lead bullets
Ammunition feed type: six chamber
Cost: $180

Name: Snyder and Kemp
Type: Handgun
Type stats: Single-action
Ammunition: 6mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 12 bullets in a clip
Cost: $120

Name: Gorgon
Type: Handgun
Type stats: Double-action
Ammunition: 9mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 8 bullets in a clip
Cost: $200

Name: Double barrel
Type: Shotgun
Type stats: 15mm bore
Ammunition: Buckshot
Ammunition feed type: Brake-action, two shells

Name: Barb Spitter
Type: Shotgun
Type stats: 12mm bore Pump-action
Ammunition: Fletchette shells
Ammunition feed type: four shells

Name: Uzi
Type: Sub-machine gun
Type stats: 12RPG
Ammunition: 5mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 25 bullet clip
Cost: $200

Name: Waster
Type: Sniper rifle
Type stats: Magnum, laser-pointed
Ammunition: 11mm magnum bullets
Ammunition feed type: One bolt-action loaded round
Cost: $210

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Medical attention: Healing for all injuries. $20

Medical kit: For healing whilst in the mines, limited resources. $50

Medical Insurance: Unlimited free medical attention. $650

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 742 Replies
lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Name: Mountain Dew
Description: Finally free from his slavery of carrying rocks, this young man plans to finally mine rocks himself and be the one to profit from them.
Currency: $4
Arms: 67 Karkadann 25/25
Armour: Gas Mask
State: Healthy,
Items: Pickaxe, Knife, Medical Kit, Commando knife, carbon-fiber gloves, silencer, x1 Key card, $120 worth off medicinal rock, magnum clip 10/10,
Gorgon 7/9

M'kay, this conversation is getting superfluous so If you wouldn't mind I'm going to change the subject; If you had to make a rug into a wicker-man which rug would you choose?

You find a loop on your back-pack to hang the carbine from and stow your handgun, the assault rifle has a magazine of 25, 7mm rounds but if you wanted you could replace this with the shorter magnum clip in your invent if you wanted to give the weapon a bigger kick.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

Name: Ilden Rendegraverâ¨
Description: Ilden was born in New Greenland, He has finally acquired a Pick-axe capable of actually breaking rock & the musculature required. Ilden has followed the Mineral-Rush, he intends to acquire enough money to buy the cure for his older brothers illness. Brass colored hair, dark brown eyes and coffee brown skin.â¨
Currency: $10â¨
Arms: Barb spitter
Armour: Gas Maskâ¨
â¨Items: , knife, Barb Spitter 4/4, Medical Kit, white rock, Yellow lump nick-named 'Ãrevoks' Journal,
Barb Spitter 1/4â¨, Pick Axe

"Vand sætter ud Ilden." My character mutters. Is it two deep to swim back to the elevator? Is there anything that might float in this room?

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Description: Ilden was born in New Greenland, He has finally acquired a Pick-axe capable of actually breaking rock & the musculature required. Ilden has followed the Mineral-Rush, he intends to acquire enough money to buy the cure for his older brothers illness. Brass colored hair, dark brown eyes and coffee brown skin.â¨
â¨Items: , knife, Barb Spitter 4/4, Medical Kit, white rock, Yellow lump nick-named 'Ãrevoks' Journal,

The tunnel is pretty horizontal so you'd have no risk of sinking but the tunnel is totally full of water, also the water is still rising...

Zyba
Zyba
1,126 posts
Peasant

Description: Finally free from his slavery of carrying rocks, this young man plans to finally mine rocks himself and be the one to profit from them.
Arms: 67 Karkadann 25/25
Items: Pickaxe, Knife, Medical Kit, Commando knife, carbon-fiber gloves, silencer, x1 Key card, $120 worth off medicinal rock, magnum clip 10/10,
Gorgon 7/9

I head back to the exit the hoodlums were guarding, and I use my newly obtained assault rifle to take them out.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Arms: 67 Karkadann 18/25
Gorgon 7/9

You climb up to the chamber and take out the resident hoodlum with a burst of rounds from your weapon but the other one isn't there. A check of the dead hoodlums gun reveals that it was empty of bullets, and you conclude that the other hoodlum went off to find more ammo.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

I swim for the elevator as fast as is Ildenly possible!

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

You start swimming through the tunnel but is very dark and claustrophobic, soon you forget which direction your supposed to be swimming in. When your oxygen runs out you black out and wake up as your dragged out of the entry of the tunnel. After pulling you out of the water the little white entity aims at you down the sight of one of your shot-guns and shouts in a slurred and muffled voice "Tell me how to fire this thing or I'll shoot you!"

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

I without alarming haste stand up. "Alright, first you pull back the hammer thing." I say, telling the thing to put it in safe, then if i get that far, how to make the bullet fall out.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

â¨Items: , knife, Barb Spitter 4/4, Medical Kit, white rock, Yellow lump nick-named 'Ãrevoks' Journalâ¨, Pick Axe

(Assuming you mean how to make the gun discharge the empty cartridge.)
Luckily the entity took the weapon which has just one round, after following your instructions and loading the weapon the entity asks "Why are you down here?"

tinyb0b
tinyb0b
300 posts
Nomad

Name: rob
Description: 30 year old, 6ft tall, brown hair, muscular, blue eyes and in need of money
Currency: $10
Arms: colt predator
Armour: gas mask, kevlar

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

â¨Items: , knife, Barb Spitter 4/4, Medical Kit, white rock, Yellow lump nick-named 'Ãrevoks' Journalâ¨, Pick Axe

(Erm, assuming i made myself relatively safe,)

"I am hear to collect rare earths in the ground, to sell it for stuff we call money..." Ilden says. Checks, from feeling weight in belt if I still have the other barb spitter, without using my hands.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Name: Rob
Description: 30 year old, 6ft tall, brown hair, muscular, blue eyes and in need of money

Inside city limits, outside city limits or in the forest Dave?

You can feel the weight of the weapon but when you glance down at it you see, and this is probably why the entity didn't take it too, that it is covered in a cluster of little pale frogs.

tinyb0b
tinyb0b
300 posts
Nomad

outside city limits

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Arms: colt predator 6/6

You enter a mine which may have once been a abandoned monster den, the circular walls of the tunnel are made of dried out sand, you climb down the ragged rope ladder and come to a fork in the tunnel, one path going left, the other going right.

tinyb0b
tinyb0b
300 posts
Nomad

Arms: colt predator 6/6

i go right

Showing 136-150 of 742