ForumsForum GamesWar For Ore (Mining RPG)

742 177307
lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

In the year 2034...
Mining can be dangerous, being crushed, suffocated, or trapped and starved to death are only the usual risks. You could also be redirected into the sewer and drowned, shot by other rogue miners, or eaten alive by monsters from the depths. But they pay is good, the right merchants will pay handsomely for minerals or metals, and the wrong merchants will pay the gear you steal from other miners.
To start your life as a miner fill out the character sheets below.

Name:
Description: Optional
Currency: $300
Arms: None
Armour: None
State: Healthy
Items: Pick-axe, knife.

Also spend you starter money for gear at Godmund's Shop.
(Note: Weapons will stay in your items list and not under arms until you choose to equipped them)

-------------------Godmund's Shop----------------------------------------------

Gas mask: Mask that blocks out toxic fumes with a cloth covered in charcoal, is made of laminated glass so it won't shatter if it cracks. $40

Rebreather: Mask which recycles the air the wearer is breathing. $100

Kevlar: Dense synthetic body armour, well capable of stopping any non-magnum bullet under 7mm and spreading the impact force. $100

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Colt Predator
Type: Revolver
Type stats: Double-action Non-magnum
Ammunition: 10mm lead bullets
Ammunition feed type: six chambers
Cost: $150

Name: Concord-forger
Type: Revolver
Type stats: Double-action Magnum
Ammunition: 7mm lead bullets
Ammunition feed type: six chamber
Cost: $180

Name: Snyder and Kemp
Type: Handgun
Type stats: Single-action
Ammunition: 6mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 12 bullets in a clip
Cost: $120

Name: Gorgon
Type: Handgun
Type stats: Double-action
Ammunition: 9mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 8 bullets in a clip
Cost: $200

Name: Double barrel
Type: Shotgun
Type stats: 15mm bore
Ammunition: Buckshot
Ammunition feed type: Brake-action, two shells

Name: Barb Spitter
Type: Shotgun
Type stats: 12mm bore Pump-action
Ammunition: Fletchette shells
Ammunition feed type: four shells

Name: Uzi
Type: Sub-machine gun
Type stats: 12RPG
Ammunition: 5mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 25 bullet clip
Cost: $200

Name: Waster
Type: Sniper rifle
Type stats: Magnum, laser-pointed
Ammunition: 11mm magnum bullets
Ammunition feed type: One bolt-action loaded round
Cost: $210

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Medical attention: Healing for all injuries. $20

Medical kit: For healing whilst in the mines, limited resources. $50

Medical Insurance: Unlimited free medical attention. $650

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 742 Replies
neoexdeath
neoexdeath
374 posts
Farmer

Name: Edward Neo
Description: Edward is a mysterious and shy boy, he's 20 years old. He is very intelectual and smart. After a tragedy, he was forced to become a miner to earn his living.
Currency: 0
Arms: Gorgon (8/8)
Armour: Rebreather mask

I start making the crack in the wall bigger and inspecting the minerals.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

Name: Ilden A. Rendegraverâ¨
Description: Ilden was born in New Greenland, He has finally acquired a Pick-axe capable of actually breaking rock & the musculature required. Ilden has followed the Mineral-Rush, he intends to acquire enough money to buy the cure for his older brothers illness. Brass colored hair, dark brown eyes and coffee brown skin.â¨
Currency: $233
Armour: Gas Maskâ¨
State: Bruised.
â¨Items: ,Medical Kit, Yellow lump nick-named 'Ãrevoks' Journalâ¨, Pick Axe.,
k17 micro assault-rifle 10/20

"How much does the Kevlar cost?"

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

Name: Lurch
Description: Young punk-rocker and general low-life. He became a miner to further his knowledge of explosives so he might one day overthrow the government. Viva la Revolution!
Currency: $195
Arms: Hagwraith micro 20/20 (20)
Armour: Gas Mask
State: Healthy,
Items: Pick-axe, med-kit,

I smile and thank Penny for the knife. Looking around I try and retrieve my pistol.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Description: Edward is a mysterious and shy boy, he's 20 years old. He is very intelectual and smart. After a tragedy, he was forced to become a miner to earn his living.

The concrete is very hard to crack and it takes a few minutes the take a chunk out of the wall. The gem is green and clear enough for you to see the specks of dust floating around inside it.

Description: Ilden was born in New Greenland, He has finally acquired a Pick-axe capable of actually breaking rock & the musculature required. Ilden has followed the Mineral-Rush, he intends to acquire enough money to buy the cure for his older brothers illness. Brass colored hair, dark brown eyes and coffee brown skin.â¨

"$100." He tells you simply.

Description: Young punk-rocker and general low-life. He became a miner to further his knowledge of explosives so he might one day overthrow the government. Viva la Revolution!
Arms: Hagwraith micro 20/20 (20) Gorgon 5/9
Items: Pick-axe, combat knife, med-kit,

Penny checks how much ammunition the they of you have left, it's depressing.
Her Micro Uzi is dry, there is only one more magazine for the Kriss Kard and Pennys single-shot dart-gun has a box of four more rounds.
Alazannder tells you how far it is to the HQ a three day trip through marshes half the way and the rest through a town called Cattlahaven.

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

Arms: Hagwraith micro 20/20 (20) Gorgon 5/9

I decide to let Alazannder hang on to the gorgon at least until we're out of the marshes. "You're definitely going to need that gun man.This is gonna suck!"

neoexdeath
neoexdeath
374 posts
Farmer

Do I recognize that gem? Anyway, I keep mining the ore.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Alazzander thanks you for the gorgon, and you set off again. leaving the wolves corpse behind. "For future reference don't sing the Dead Kennedys while wolves are stalking us, next time do the Doors." Penny tells you. The marshy land gets even more treacherous and you see several bizarre looking toads with no top jaw, flaunting knife-like teeth.

Items: Pick-axe, knife, turquoise gem,

The gem could pass for high quality emerald if it was a bit bluer and clearer, as it is you can't recognize it. The gem cracks and splinters after a few swings from your pick and you collect the reachable parts of it.

neoexdeath
neoexdeath
374 posts
Farmer

Items: Pick-axe, knife, turquoise gem.

Well, it might be valuable. Anyway, I continue my way into the sewers.

Voyage2
Voyage2
650 posts
Nomad

Name: Brhundle Capio
Description: Brhundle is from a poor family from Philippines. His parents don't know what to do to get money. His father decided to rob the bank. His father captured by Police and get jailed. However,Brhundle lived with his mother.
Currency: $10
Arms: Colt Predator
Armour: Kevlar / Gas Mask
Items: Pick - Axe / Knife

[Chooses Mine near the City]

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

I buy the kevlar, then if appropriate I set out to take the rest of the day/night off, probably buy myself some food and a place to stay. If possible.

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

I turn and ask Penny, "Should we be killing those? Are they dangerous?"

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Name: Max Blunt
Description: A cold
Currency: $80
Arms: Snyder & Kemp
Armour: Rebreather
Items: Pick-axe, knife

I choose the mine outside the city limits.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

As you continue forward you eventually hear the sound of someone else sloshing through the sewer. Soon another miner comes into view a gothicly dressed young women with several tattoos including a Darkonian insignia and a string of binary across her wrist.

http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad353/Fezisdead/Ms_zps1c20dff1.jpg

Description: Brhundle is from a poor family from Philippines. His parents don't know what to do to get money. His father decided to rob the bank. His father captured by Police and get jailed. However,Brhundle lived with his mother.
Arms: Colt Predator 6/6

[ You're probably the only person who read ahead and
chose a loacation. ]

Would you like to mine in a old flint mine or loot a old history museum?

The body-guard shrugs "I was taught to identify 250 types of dangerous fruit, the didn't teach me anything about toads. I guess anyone who tries eating a toad deserves what's coming to them."
Alazzander finds a small spot of dry land and suggests resting for an hour.

Name: Max Blunt
Description: A cold
Currency: $80
Arms: Snyder & Kemp
Armour: Rebreather
Items: Pick-axe, knife

[ your probably the second person to read ahead and choose a location in advance. =) ]

Would you like to mine in a new fangled stone mine or a mine where they dig up bits of pure silver.

Voyage2
Voyage2
650 posts
Nomad

Arms: Colt Predator 6/6

[Chooses : Old Flint Mine]

neoexdeath
neoexdeath
374 posts
Farmer

Darkonians, you say? I greet her and ask if she found anything "special" deeper in the sewers...

Showing 406-420 of 742