ForumsForum GamesWar For Ore (Mining RPG)

742 176844
lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

In the year 2034...
Mining can be dangerous, being crushed, suffocated, or trapped and starved to death are only the usual risks. You could also be redirected into the sewer and drowned, shot by other rogue miners, or eaten alive by monsters from the depths. But they pay is good, the right merchants will pay handsomely for minerals or metals, and the wrong merchants will pay the gear you steal from other miners.
To start your life as a miner fill out the character sheets below.

Name:
Description: Optional
Currency: $300
Arms: None
Armour: None
State: Healthy
Items: Pick-axe, knife.

Also spend you starter money for gear at Godmund's Shop.
(Note: Weapons will stay in your items list and not under arms until you choose to equipped them)

-------------------Godmund's Shop----------------------------------------------

Gas mask: Mask that blocks out toxic fumes with a cloth covered in charcoal, is made of laminated glass so it won't shatter if it cracks. $40

Rebreather: Mask which recycles the air the wearer is breathing. $100

Kevlar: Dense synthetic body armour, well capable of stopping any non-magnum bullet under 7mm and spreading the impact force. $100

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Colt Predator
Type: Revolver
Type stats: Double-action Non-magnum
Ammunition: 10mm lead bullets
Ammunition feed type: six chambers
Cost: $150

Name: Concord-forger
Type: Revolver
Type stats: Double-action Magnum
Ammunition: 7mm lead bullets
Ammunition feed type: six chamber
Cost: $180

Name: Snyder and Kemp
Type: Handgun
Type stats: Single-action
Ammunition: 6mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 12 bullets in a clip
Cost: $120

Name: Gorgon
Type: Handgun
Type stats: Double-action
Ammunition: 9mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 8 bullets in a clip
Cost: $200

Name: Double barrel
Type: Shotgun
Type stats: 15mm bore
Ammunition: Buckshot
Ammunition feed type: Brake-action, two shells

Name: Barb Spitter
Type: Shotgun
Type stats: 12mm bore Pump-action
Ammunition: Fletchette shells
Ammunition feed type: four shells

Name: Uzi
Type: Sub-machine gun
Type stats: 12RPG
Ammunition: 5mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 25 bullet clip
Cost: $200

Name: Waster
Type: Sniper rifle
Type stats: Magnum, laser-pointed
Ammunition: 11mm magnum bullets
Ammunition feed type: One bolt-action loaded round
Cost: $210

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Medical attention: Healing for all injuries. $20

Medical kit: For healing whilst in the mines, limited resources. $50

Medical Insurance: Unlimited free medical attention. $650

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 742 Replies
Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

Name: Ilden Rendegraverâ¨
Description: Ilden was born in New Greenland, He has finally acquired a Pick-axe capable of actually breaking rock & the musculature required. Ilden has followed the Mineral-Rush, he intends to acquire enough money to buy the cure for his older brothers illness. Brass colored hair, dark brown eyes and coffee brown skin.â¨
Currency: $10â¨
Arms: Pick-axe, Barb Spitter 3/4â¨
Armour: Gas Maskâ¨
â¨Items: , knife, Barb Spitter x1, Medical Kit, white rock

I think ill explore a random part of the large cavernous area.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Description: Ilden was born in New Greenland, He has finally acquired a Pick-axe capable of actually breaking rock & the musculature required. Ilden has followed the Mineral-Rush, he intends to acquire enough money to buy the cure for his older brothers illness. Brass colored hair, dark brown eyes and coffee brown skin.â¨

The cavern has disconcertingly red algae growing on the walls, in one far corner you find a mangled tent surrounded by scraps of paper.
Inside you find a torn up journal and a machine-pistol with a folding shoulder stock, and a couple of clips.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

Can I use the gun? I stow all the small items, gun & book etc. The approach the wall.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

â¨Items: , knife, Barb Spitter x1, Medical Kit, white rock,
machine-pistol 20/20, decaying journal.

Despite being covered in rubbery crimson algae that smells like curry the wall is fairly normal.

Zyba
Zyba
1,126 posts
Peasant

Name: Mountain Dew
Description: Finally free from his slavery of carrying rocks, this young man plans to finally mine rocks himself and be the one to profit from them.
Currency: $0
Arms: Gorgon(9 mm, non-magnum, double-action, 8 bullets/clip)
Armour: Gas Mask
Items: Pickaxe, Knife, Medical Kit

I'm ready to begin my summer on a mining adventure.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Description: Finally free from his slavery of carrying rocks, this young man plans to finally mine rocks himself and be the one to profit from them.
Arms: Gorgon 9/9

Okay Mr (Miss?) Dew, where would you like to mine; inside city limits, outside city limits, or in the forest?
I'm ready to begin my summer on a mining adventure.

Zyba
Zyba
1,126 posts
Peasant

I'll start in the city limits.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

You enter the mine via a old elevator covered in graffiti. The entry of the mine is circular about six metres in diameter and is crawling with punks, drawing on the walls and listening to music with non rhyming lyrics. There's another elevator leading deeper.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

I try and peel a way the algae and hit the wall with my pick. Also, did I ever ask If I should try sell that mutation thing? Now I do, if not.

Zyba
Zyba
1,126 posts
Peasant

I head into the the elevator going deeper.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

As you reach fot it the algae makes a dejected and slimy sounding sigh and moves out of the way , on the collision with your pick the wall shatters with a clack. Inside the rock are veins of flakey yellow.

A bloated headed hoodlum giggles as you approach the elevator. "Elevator dun been stuck homefry."

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

Not gold is it? I try and grab the red thing...

Zyba
Zyba
1,126 posts
Peasant

"Oh well," I take out my pickax and start picking at the nearest wall.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

As you start chipping at the graffiti covered wall the hoodlums start crying like little girls while others start desperately trying to get you away from the wall and there beloved art-work.

The slime hold its ground, jiggling fearfully , until the last second when it darts away making a bubbly whining sound.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

"Blod udskud." Ilden muttered. He decided to hack again at the rock, raising his pick, then hacking it into the rock wall at the yellow bit.

Showing 61-75 of 742