ForumsForum GamesWar For Ore (Mining RPG)

742 177296
lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

In the year 2034...
Mining can be dangerous, being crushed, suffocated, or trapped and starved to death are only the usual risks. You could also be redirected into the sewer and drowned, shot by other rogue miners, or eaten alive by monsters from the depths. But they pay is good, the right merchants will pay handsomely for minerals or metals, and the wrong merchants will pay the gear you steal from other miners.
To start your life as a miner fill out the character sheets below.

Name:
Description: Optional
Currency: $300
Arms: None
Armour: None
State: Healthy
Items: Pick-axe, knife.

Also spend you starter money for gear at Godmund's Shop.
(Note: Weapons will stay in your items list and not under arms until you choose to equipped them)

-------------------Godmund's Shop----------------------------------------------

Gas mask: Mask that blocks out toxic fumes with a cloth covered in charcoal, is made of laminated glass so it won't shatter if it cracks. $40

Rebreather: Mask which recycles the air the wearer is breathing. $100

Kevlar: Dense synthetic body armour, well capable of stopping any non-magnum bullet under 7mm and spreading the impact force. $100

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Colt Predator
Type: Revolver
Type stats: Double-action Non-magnum
Ammunition: 10mm lead bullets
Ammunition feed type: six chambers
Cost: $150

Name: Concord-forger
Type: Revolver
Type stats: Double-action Magnum
Ammunition: 7mm lead bullets
Ammunition feed type: six chamber
Cost: $180

Name: Snyder and Kemp
Type: Handgun
Type stats: Single-action
Ammunition: 6mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 12 bullets in a clip
Cost: $120

Name: Gorgon
Type: Handgun
Type stats: Double-action
Ammunition: 9mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 8 bullets in a clip
Cost: $200

Name: Double barrel
Type: Shotgun
Type stats: 15mm bore
Ammunition: Buckshot
Ammunition feed type: Brake-action, two shells

Name: Barb Spitter
Type: Shotgun
Type stats: 12mm bore Pump-action
Ammunition: Fletchette shells
Ammunition feed type: four shells

Name: Uzi
Type: Sub-machine gun
Type stats: 12RPG
Ammunition: 5mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 25 bullet clip
Cost: $200

Name: Waster
Type: Sniper rifle
Type stats: Magnum, laser-pointed
Ammunition: 11mm magnum bullets
Ammunition feed type: One bolt-action loaded round
Cost: $210

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Medical attention: Healing for all injuries. $20

Medical kit: For healing whilst in the mines, limited resources. $50

Medical Insurance: Unlimited free medical attention. $650

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 742 Replies
nolaldi
nolaldi
192 posts
Shepherd

Name: Murklin Seabass
Description: A 1.92 M, brown short hair, mature face and has pale skin.
Currency: 40$
Arms: Snyder and Kemp 12/12.
Armour: Gas Mask, Rebreather.
State: Healthy.

As seeing the opportunity I go mining near everyone and wait till the mysterious guy and guards come back to me and then stick the knife in the mysterious guy while shooting the guards

nolaldi
nolaldi
192 posts
Shepherd

As seeing the opportunity I go mining near everyone and wait till the mysterious guy and guards come back to me and then stick the knife in the mysterious guy while shooting the guards

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

Name: Ilden Rendegraverâ¨
Description: Ilden was born in New Greenland, He has finally acquired a Pick-axe capable of actually breaking rock & the musculature required. Ilden has followed the Mineral-Rush, he intends to acquire enough money to buy the cure for his older brothers illness. Brass colored hair, dark brown eyes and coffee brown skin.â¨
Currency: $10â¨
Arms: Pick-axe, Barb Spitter 3/4â¨
Armour: Gas Maskâ¨
â¨Items: , knife, Barb Spitter x1, Medical Kit, white rock

How deep is the water? I'm going to hack the wall near where the water is.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Name: Millia Farsight
Description: Millia was trained by her father to fire over incredibly long distances under harsh conditions, giving her an affinity for sniper rifles and an appreciation for guns that can kill someone in one effective shot. She took to mining because she needed the money, and the only clear ways of doing so were either mining or prostitution, and the latter is VERY unfavorable.
Currency: $40
Arms: Waster 1/1
Armour: Gas Mask
Items: Pick-axe, knife, Ore sphere.

As you bag the last bar you hear a scuffling noise from deeper in the mine, followed by the sound of shattering glass.

You mine some chunks of coal from the wall from the wall, eventually the guy comes near to you and shouts something about your posture.
By the way your knife is short and pretty dull, you'd also have to pick a guard to shoot at.

Description: Ilden was born in New Greenland, He has finally acquired a Pick-axe capable of actually breaking rock & the musculature required. Ilden has followed the Mineral-Rush, he intends to acquire enough money to buy the cure for his older brothers illness. Brass colored hair, dark brown eyes and coffee brown skin.â¨

It looks fairly deep. You hack at the rock, but it's covered in hardy alge-slime that holds it together.

nolaldi
nolaldi
192 posts
Shepherd

*How he dares to shout on me*
Ill pick the right guard, shoot the left guard and then fight to death with the knife with the middle man since he doesnt have arms.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

Oh, okay...ew... erm, I wade in.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

(bump...)

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

You swing the pick at the left body guard and catch him on the temple, he reels back and drops his weapon, you then fire your side-arm at the other guard but he drops to one knee and aims his rifle.
The "middle man" steps back and draws a magnum revolver from within his coat.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

The water is unpleasantly greasy and as you enter you panic several small albino soft-looking frogs that start rushing around in the water making squealing sounds.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

Okay um, I go for the far end, at least, as long as it doesn't get so deep I had to wade.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

At it's deepest the water is just below shoulder height, but you have trouble getting back up onto the shear of land on the other side.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

Oh, okay, um, I'll get out swfitly, partly because if its cold i'd probably be loosing the feeling in my feet.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

You have trouble getting back up onto the shear of land on the other side.
Also the water is weirdly warm.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

Can I use my pick to help myself climb up? The warm water is definitely disconcerting.

Bit confused, I'm imagining the elevator gets of onto a single path that leads shortly into a pool of water, or, is there other paths?

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

You manage to use the pick as a handhold and drag yourself up.
(The area is low roofed but large, it siphons off into a path leading away.)

Showing 46-60 of 742