ForumsForum GamesWar For Ore (Mining RPG)

742 176847
lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

In the year 2034...
Mining can be dangerous, being crushed, suffocated, or trapped and starved to death are only the usual risks. You could also be redirected into the sewer and drowned, shot by other rogue miners, or eaten alive by monsters from the depths. But they pay is good, the right merchants will pay handsomely for minerals or metals, and the wrong merchants will pay the gear you steal from other miners.
To start your life as a miner fill out the character sheets below.

Name:
Description: Optional
Currency: $300
Arms: None
Armour: None
State: Healthy
Items: Pick-axe, knife.

Also spend you starter money for gear at Godmund's Shop.
(Note: Weapons will stay in your items list and not under arms until you choose to equipped them)

-------------------Godmund's Shop----------------------------------------------

Gas mask: Mask that blocks out toxic fumes with a cloth covered in charcoal, is made of laminated glass so it won't shatter if it cracks. $40

Rebreather: Mask which recycles the air the wearer is breathing. $100

Kevlar: Dense synthetic body armour, well capable of stopping any non-magnum bullet under 7mm and spreading the impact force. $100

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Colt Predator
Type: Revolver
Type stats: Double-action Non-magnum
Ammunition: 10mm lead bullets
Ammunition feed type: six chambers
Cost: $150

Name: Concord-forger
Type: Revolver
Type stats: Double-action Magnum
Ammunition: 7mm lead bullets
Ammunition feed type: six chamber
Cost: $180

Name: Snyder and Kemp
Type: Handgun
Type stats: Single-action
Ammunition: 6mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 12 bullets in a clip
Cost: $120

Name: Gorgon
Type: Handgun
Type stats: Double-action
Ammunition: 9mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 8 bullets in a clip
Cost: $200

Name: Double barrel
Type: Shotgun
Type stats: 15mm bore
Ammunition: Buckshot
Ammunition feed type: Brake-action, two shells

Name: Barb Spitter
Type: Shotgun
Type stats: 12mm bore Pump-action
Ammunition: Fletchette shells
Ammunition feed type: four shells

Name: Uzi
Type: Sub-machine gun
Type stats: 12RPG
Ammunition: 5mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 25 bullet clip
Cost: $200

Name: Waster
Type: Sniper rifle
Type stats: Magnum, laser-pointed
Ammunition: 11mm magnum bullets
Ammunition feed type: One bolt-action loaded round
Cost: $210

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Medical attention: Healing for all injuries. $20

Medical kit: For healing whilst in the mines, limited resources. $50

Medical Insurance: Unlimited free medical attention. $650

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 742 Replies
Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

Name: Ilden Rendegraverâ¨Description: Ilden was born in New Greenland, He has finally acquired a Pick-axe capable of actually breaking rock & the musculature required. Ilden has followed the Mineral-Rush, he intends to acquire enough money to buy the cure for his older brothers illness. Brass colored hair, dark brown eyes and coffee brown skin.â¨Currency: $10â¨Arms: Pick-axe, Barb Spitter 3/4â¨Armour:  Gas Maskâ¨State: Healthyâ¨Items: , knife, Barb Spitter x1, Medical Kit,

All my instincts tell me to back away, but this character is supposed to be different from my norm, I will if I can then **** the gun and attempt to shoot the red eyeâ¦

Chess341
Chess341
960 posts
Shepherd

Name: Sarah Curtis
Description: One of few female members of society to take to the mines, Sarah mines so she can help feed her sister Tracy and her mother. In the mines she prefers to talk before shooting, but she has her Dad's old gun just in case.
Currency: $10
Arms: Pick-Axe
Armor: Kevlar, Gas Mask.
Items: Pick-axe, knife, Dad's Old Double Barrel.

Lol, you confused me since the character was wrong, I try to mine some of the crystals the bats are eating.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Name: Millia Farsight
Description: Millia was trained by her father to fire over incredibly long distances under harsh conditions, giving her an affinity for sniper rifles and an appreciation for guns that can kill someone in one effective shot. She took to mining because she needed the money, and the only clear ways of doing so were either mining or prostitution, and the latter is VERY unfavorable.
Currency: $40
Arms: Waster 1/1
Armour: Gas Mask
Items: Pick-axe, knife, Ore sphere.

You try to find more ore but can't reach any.

Name: Ilden Rendegraverâ¨Description: Ilden was born in New Greenland, He has finally acquired a Pick-axe capable of actually breaking rock & the musculature required. Ilden has followed the Mineral-Rush, he intends to acquire enough money to buy the cure for his older brothers illness. Brass colored hair, dark brown eyes and coffee brown skin.â¨Currency: $10â¨Arms: Pick-axe, Barb Spitter 3/4â¨Armour: Gas Maskâ¨State: Healthyâ¨Items: , knife, Barb Spitter x1, Medical Kit

At the sound of the used cartridge hitting the ground the beast swivels but gets shoved off its feet by the round from your Barb-spitter.
On closer inspection it appears dead, although you missed it's eye.

Description: One of few female members of society to take to the mines, Sarah mines so she can help feed her sister Tracy and her mother. In the mines she prefers to talk before shooting, but she has her Dad's old gun just in case.
Items: Pick-axe, knife, Dad's Old Double Barrel.

As you approach the swarm towards you, chirping shrilly. Evidently they don't want you getting any of there precious mineral.

Kylelolcat
Kylelolcat
4,813 posts
Nomad

Description: Millia was trained by her father to fire over incredibly long distances under harsh conditions, giving her an affinity for sniper rifles and an appreciation for guns that can kill someone in one effective shot. She took to mining because she needed the money, and the only clear ways of doing so were either mining or prostitution, and the latter is VERY unfavorable.

Well, I start looking around for any more obvious ore deposits before I keep heading on.

Chess341
Chess341
960 posts
Shepherd

Items: Pick-axe, knife, Dad's Old Double Barrel

Can I try to identify what the mineral is?

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

Name: Ilden Rendegraverâ¨Description: Ilden was born in New Greenland, He has finally acquired a Pick-axe capable of actually breaking rock & the musculature required. Ilden has followed the Mineral-Rush, he intends to acquire enough money to buy the cure for his older brothers illness. Brass colored hair, dark brown eyes and coffee brown skin.â¨
Currency: $10â¨Arms: Pick-axe, Barb Spitter 3/4â¨
Armour: Gas Maskâ¨
â¨Items: , knife, Barb Spitter x1, Medical Kit

I move in and as a precaution take a swing at the beasts head with my pick-axe.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Name: Ilden Rendegraverâ¨Description: Ilden was born in New Greenland, He has finally acquired a Pick-axe capable of actually breaking rock & the musculature required. Ilden has followed the Mineral-Rush, he intends to acquire enough money to buy the cure for his older brothers illness. Brass colored hair, dark brown eyes and coffee brown skin.â¨
Currency: $10â¨
Arms: Pick-axe, Barb Spitter 3/4â¨
â¨Items: , knife, Barb Spitter x1, Medical Kit

You whack the evidently dead critters head. As you wipe the slime off your pick you see a mark (tattoo or brand?) on the animals shoulder depicting a mongoose and cobra facing each other after awhile you notice the cobra and mongoose on the mark are one two headed animal.

The mineral looks like jade but more shiny,
also it leaks green tasty smelling syrup when it gets broken.

You find a pile of half melted metal bars, someone else has mined this and melted it into bars, but they aren't here...hopefully whatever killed them isn't here either.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

â¨Items: , knife, Barb Spitter x1, Medical Kit, white rock(?)

"A synthetic chimera of some sort...disgusting." Ilden scowled. I'm going to go down the passage, hoping this creature is solitary, and would have a had large domain which it fiercely protects, protected.

Chess341
Chess341
960 posts
Shepherd

Do I know how much it's worth?

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

The mineral is pretty valuable at around $150.

nolaldi
nolaldi
192 posts
Shepherd

Name: Murklin Seabass
Description: A 1.92 M, brown short hair, mature face and has pale skin.
Currency: 40$
Arms: Snyder and Kelp.
Armour: Gas Mask, Rebreather.
State: Healthy.

If there is room for another one I would like to join

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Arms: Snyder and Kelp.

(Getting pretty crowded so you'll be last i'm letting join...Snyder and Kelp!!??)

Inside city limits, near city limits, or outside city limits?

â¨Items: , knife, Barb Spitter x1, Medical Kit, white rock

Deeper down the tunnel the ground is riddled with foul smelling puddles and roaches swarm along the roof, you come to a large pool of grey agitated water blocking of the path.

nolaldi
nolaldi
192 posts
Shepherd

Arms: Snyder and Kemp*.

(Sorry ^^)
Outside city limits.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Arms: Snyder and Kemp 12/12.

You enter the mine via a strangely new looking elevator.
You enter a chamber filled with unfriendly artificial light, to your disbelief
the chamber is packed full of miners bagging coal from the walls, the number of miners and the giant flood-light set up at the roof of the chamber suggests these are all miners working for the same boss, you can clearly see a figure strutting around barking orders, flanked by two guards armed with assault rifles.

Kylelolcat
Kylelolcat
4,813 posts
Nomad

I keep an eye out as I take some of the bars. they may be able to be sold or fused together...

Showing 31-45 of 742