ForumsGamesPS4 vs. Xbox One vs. Wii U

400 159504
Ferret
Ferret
9,324 posts
Bard

This is the official thread for PlayStation 4 vs. Xbox One. Which will be the one console to rule them all? Let's hear your opinion.

• 400 Replies
d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

I never actually cared much about 3rd party to tell the truth. 1st party just always seemed so much better for some reason.

Yeah I guess you're right. Who needs Destiny, Battlefield, GTA, Assassin's Creed, Splinter Cell, Red Dead Redemption, The Division, Dark Souls, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect, Crysis, or Bioshock. They all suck compared to 1st party. 1st party is after all "so much better".

I mean c'mon everyone knows that the Wii U controller isn't the best but isn't necessarily the worst.

Would be the worst of the next-gen.
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

That pretty much meant that I was going to vote for Nintendo and nothing else, no matter what you're going to bring up or say.

And the use of an opinion is to express about it. Not argue about opinions that will most likely never change. Besides how many times has your opinion changed? I bet its not even over 10.

Unless there was something wrong in my opinion, I don't necessarily see a reason to argue about it.

Yes and you also said it was unique, which is what I was basically doing. Like I said before, I never said that the controller was good

I never actually cared much about 3rd party to tell the truth. 1st party just always seemed so much better for some reason.

Everything you just said was completely retarded. I hope the sinks in your house have safety rails so you can use them without drowning.
ScaryLlama
ScaryLlama
22 posts
Nomad

Ok fine the Wii U has the most unique console based controller.

The Vita says hi.

A game is a game is a game. If you only stick to Nintendo's limited first party variety, you've missed out on a lot. Nintendo is being sloppy not trying to reel in more 3rd party support, it shows too much close-mindedness for a console maker.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

The Vita says hi.

Oh god that is hilarious
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Yeah I guess you're right. Who needs Destiny, Battlefield, GTA, Assassin's Creed, Splinter Cell, Red Dead Redemption, The Division, Dark Souls, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect, Crysis, or Bioshock. They all suck compared to 1st party. 1st party is after all "so much better".

Well its better for the console, the first party games are basically there so people have more of a reason to buy the console(besides the 3rd party exclusives, hardware, etc.). For example you might buy a Wii U for Mario, an X-box 1 for Halo, and PS3 for God of War.

Everything you just said was completely retarded.

And what exactly was retarded about it? All I did there was express my opinion, except in the first quote but whatever.

The Vita says hi.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that mobile not console?

If you only stick to Nintendo's limited first party variety, you've missed out on a lot.

I don't stick only to First Party, there are a few 3rd party games that I like very much but compaired to the First Party games there's not alot.
d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that mobile not console?

It can be used as a controller for PS4.

Well its better for the console, the first party games are basically there so people have more of a reason to buy the console

That's obviously true, but that's not what you said. You said first party games were better than third party games.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Oh, and what came first? WiiU or PS4? Sony rips off all of Nintendo's ideas. The wii controller with a ball at the end? The connection idea of the wiiu and it's gamepad? i mean, cmon!
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Oh, and what came first?

The PS Vita.

Vita first released December 17, 2011.
Wii U first released November 18, 2012.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

You said first party games were better than third party games.

As in my opinion.

The connection idea of the wiiu and it's gamepad?

This actually first appeared(to my knowledge) with the GameCube and Gameboy, but instead of wireless you used it with connecting a thing into the thing and then the thing worked.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Oh, and what came first? WiiU or PS4? Sony rips off all of Nintendo's ideas. The wii controller with a ball at the end? The connection idea of the wiiu and it's gamepad? i mean, cmon!

Because Sony saw the WiiU, and decided then and there they would make the PS4.

Am I the only person who's growing less and less exited about the whole thing as time goes on?
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

And the use of an opinion is to express about it. Not argue about opinions that will most likely never change. Besides how many times has your opinion changed? I bet its not even over 10.

I've seen Ihsahn go from being a total console lover to more of a PC kind of person. Changing your opinion is enlightening

Sorry to crash your party.

So glad to see people are starting to recognize the Shield for its true potential. Nvidia is moving up in the world, the used to solely make Graphics card but now they are making all kinds of Technological advances with video games and other areas. Also their technology is no longer limited to PC.

There's no denying that Microsoft and son'y's few popular 1st party titles have good music, but halo, I didn't like. I enjoyed Halo 1's music, bu then it got crappy. I didn't even buy halo reach or halo 4 after being disappointed with it's earlier music. And it just got waaaay too repetitive. At least Nintendo has variety, and it'll sound good no matter what era it is.

First off not buying a game just because of the music is pretty shallow. And hate to disappoint you but Mario has had the same music for years buddy.

Consoles have the same parts, while PCs are way too varied. There are 4000 dollar death machines and humble 600 dollar laptops

the Wii PS and The Xbox don't all have the same parts. And actually if you think about it a PC will have the same core parts just not made by the same companies and in this case we aren't comparing parts anyway. A great gaming PC can run anywhere from 500-2000 dollars, yes. But that being said a PC is still very creditable and is becoming more and more popular especially with prices dropping and better technology.
d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

the Wii PS and The Xbox don't all have the same parts

Other than memory, every Xbox is identical in hardware. Same for PS and Wii. Meanwhile there are hundreds of variations of computers.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

The PS Vita.

Oh, so it could connect to PS4 before it even came out? wow, that's really cool.
I knew the vita came out before wiiU, but it couldn't connect to PS4 before the Gamepad connected to WiiU.
KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

Oh, so it could connect to PS4 before it even came out? wow, that's really cool.
I knew the vita came out before wiiU, but it couldn't connect to PS4 before the Gamepad connected to WiiU.

Prove it.
Just because you currently don't own a PS4 doesn't mean a vity couldn't connect to their hardware prototypes. These things take a lot of time to develop.

Not to mention, even ignoring all of this, the PS3 and the original PSP do the same thing.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Prove it.
Just because you currently don't own a PS4 doesn't mean a vity couldn't connect to their hardware prototypes. These things take a lot of time to develop.

The WiiU was announced before the PS4 and still managed to get almost equal graphics.
http://curioo.co.uk/video-games/wii-u-versus-ps4-graphics-comparison/

Not to mention, even ignoring all of this, the PS3 and the original PSP do the same thing.

This is connected like the 3ds and wiiu though, not gamepad and WiiU.
Showing 241-255 of 400