ForumsWEPRWomen Run the World?

97 36753
thugtastic
thugtastic
162 posts
Peasant

I know it's been a while since the Rhiana song came out but do women actually run the world?

I would say no, predominantly the household, tribes, and countries have been run by males.

• 97 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

About this...you do realize you just gave away personal information, correct?

lulz on meh way~

Anyone need a ride?
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Anyone need a ride?
Hey guys. How about you take a few steps back and reexamine your behavior before this goes somewhere really bad? That'd be great. Comments like this are going really bad places really fast.
wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

Anyone need a ride?

I'd love a ride, where do we meet up? I want to drive by the college screaming 4chan memes at him.

If both freakin parents work ,who's gonna watch the fam?

Pray tell me Knight, what's a fam?

Children don't want their father at a young age, they want their mother, so why the hell would you deprive them of that.

A child wants who ever feels like a parent to them, they may want the father (if they even have a favorite) instead of the mother.

If you have no family, either you're too feminist or too ugly and shouldn't be working at a successful persons position.

*Sigh* Where is that ride pang?

People want to look up to bosses, and if they see a ignorant, nosy woman, they're gonna be miserable.

Yeah, you're full blown sexist, add that to the list: Sexist, homophobic, misogynist, racist, annoying, conspiracy theorist, and bible thumper. Anybody have any else to add?

My father works as manager of auxiliary services at Babson college, and the students, mostly women, who work for him, love him.

Good for you, because I don't care.

But his boss is a woman. She has much less experience, and she has to ask my father how to do everything. She's just put in high power, as well as the Mexican vice president and black president, to even things out.

Still waiting for that ride. -_-

If you take that as sexist, then go ahead, but I'm just being respectful.

I'm....I'm just going to go watch a science show, or read about evolution or something so I can regain my IQ. Also nice contradiction, sexist and respectful are two different things.

And my girlfriend

Really? I kind of thought you were a reserve for both teams.

who just so happens to be a female, agrees totally with me and hates her woman boss, and misses her ex-boss, who was a man.

There....there are more of you? D:

Shes only 16, how do you think it'll be when she has a home, family, etc on the line?

Scary, very very scary.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Hey guys. How about you take a few steps back and reexamine your behavior before this goes somewhere really bad? That'd be great. Comments like this are going really bad places really fast.

Meh >=(
Blah..I was just having a little fun with the idea of the information being slipped. Also, if my last posts from today seem hostile at all..just having a rough day. Ah well =p
SectoidMedic
SectoidMedic
165 posts
Peasant

Yeah, you're full blown sexist, add that to the list: Sexist, homophobic, misogynist, racist, annoying, conspiracy theorist, and bible thumper. Anybody have any else to add?

you forgot hypocrite
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

In short:

Men have positives and negatives. Women have positives and negatives. They need to work together in order to succeed. No one side should run anything solely. Let's not over-complicate things.

---

By the way, let's lay off each other, okay? You guys are turning this into a massacre against one person.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Men have positives and negatives. Women have positives and negatives. They need to work together in order to succeed.

the positives and negatives are not pre-set per gender.
the positives and negatives vastly change per each person.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

the positives and negatives are not pre-set per gender.
the positives and negatives vastly change per each person.

I was generalizing it the point of basically saying we're different.
Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

I think both men and women are equally important, they just have roles or situations they are generally better at, generally being key. For example I would say women are generally better nurturers and in-stiller of basic knowledge into children, while men are generally better providers for the family simply because women hit prejudice, sexism and a glass ceiling in many jobs.

Men = Women, though not all see that. And this is just a broad generalization. I may be a male, but I am quite nurturing and I'm great with little kids; I picked this up from my mom since I spent so much time with her and got most of her personality.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

because women hit prejudice, sexism and a glass ceiling in many jobs.

As do men on some occasions, such as being nurses or being in fashion/design/etc with the automatic "he must be gay" thoughts.
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

For example I would say women are generally better nurturers and in-stiller of basic knowledge into children,

Because that's how society raises them to be.
Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

As do men on some occasions, such as being nurses or being in fashion/design/etc with the automatic "he must be gay" thoughts.

I didn't mention that, but I totally agree, roles are built in, for better or for worse.

True, but isn't it also somewhat innate? Genetic? I mean not everybody, I know girls who hate kids. I just presumed that women are naturally better at nurturing than men.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

True, but isn't it also somewhat innate? Genetic?

It seems to be more societal. In nature, sometimes males take their nurturing parent role more strongly, such as the penguin.
Pois0nArr0w
Pois0nArr0w
2,053 posts
Nomad

Pang, Kasic.

Don't feed the trolls.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

True, but isn't it also somewhat innate? Genetic? I mean not everybody, I know girls who hate kids. I just presumed that women are naturally better at nurturing than men.

Okay now let's think for one moment. Let's just switch your gender for a moment. Just a moment. You were born into a body that has the ability to hold and deliver another human. Now just because you were born with a uterus and breasts, you are naturally better at nurturing them therefore you should only be a caregiver.
This has been the logic of man since forever. At least until equal rights and such started to appear. But even then equal isn't really equal.
Anyways. Would you like this label to be stuck to you just because of your body? Something you had no choice in deciding? What if you were a born leader, but since your a female you have ding dongs like the ones here telling you that you shouldn't be a leader because of some stupid game of telephone? "Well my second cousin had a female boss once and HATED her so obviously female leaders suck" Yes that is total, rational thinking. What if you wanted to pursue a career in, let's say, the automobile industry? When people think of cars and mechanics, they think men. But a girl can be just as interested in it if she wanted to, and she could be just as good as every other male in that area. But no one wants to hire a female mechanic because statistics say that males are better at it than women. So their goes your dream, flushed down the toilet. All because your were born a female. Imagine how devastating that could be to someone. Their lifelong hopes and dreams, gone all because
roles are built in, for better or for worse.

And just why do you think that is? Because once again

Everyone's actions taught you that women are inferior to men in some areas. Just because guys can lift a lot of weight and do a lot of manual labor, they are supposed to be better. Well, this may have worked when you needed manual labor to survive. Now everything is made by machines and you only need to press some buttons to make a thousand cars.
Technology has evened the playing field. You no longer need men to build your log cabin for you. You don't need them to go hunting for your food. We don't rely on men for the basic needs to survive anymore.
Showing 31-45 of 97