ForumsSupport Forum[Answered] Armor Games loading slower of late

68 10345
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,995 posts

At first I thought it was just me, but a fellow user (who may choose to reveal himself/herself or not) has also been having the same issues. Of late, when traveling around the forums, the loading time for each section/thread/page/etc. has been slower than normal.

Any reason why? Expected time for this to continue?

• 68 Replies
MacII
MacII
1,348 posts

... Then always a pps, PJ or others, if you're on a 56 kb dialup modem, that is of course gonna be your bottleneck: There's no point in throwing the latest ultra-machine against it, or not for your online affairs, anyway.

Anyway and other than that, I thought it was the forum pages being reportedly slower that was under discussion. Games will be a whole different ballgame; these forum pages are mostly textual at my end, even disabling any ad blockers and stuff I have up, though ads may still get blocked by some other of my settings. I see none here, no matter what I do. (So are there any, in these forums? Never have seen them, indeed. On the gaming pages, sure.)

Anyways: She does seem to be currently going steady, so full speed ahead, for as long as it lasts

MacII
MacII
1,348 posts

I appreciated that maintenance notification being up on the forums yesterday btw, I'm sure many would have.

So -- thanks

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,326 posts

The Forums page itself is nonresponsive again, though I can access individual forums as well as threads and profiles just fine.

I appreciated that maintenance notification being up on the forums yesterday btw, I'm sure many would have.

I never saw such a notification.
UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
11,346 posts

I saw that notification page too.

Actual the forums page takes a while to load, the rest (profiles/fav games/games itself) load pretty well and in normal time shape.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
11,346 posts

Lil add, when a leave a post in the forums it sneds me to a "HTTP 500"-error screen... although the post is made, i just have to refresh the page.^^

SSTG
SSTG
12,627 posts

That's not the only problem. Often, an old message reappears on my page and newer ones disappear.

PJBomega
PJBomega
44 posts

macll yeah i need a new one bad. still running pentium 4. im all for donations

PJBomega
PJBomega
44 posts

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,229 posts

I can't even load my profile because it's been so danged slow. My Internet speed is only .2 Mbps/sec. That's .2 folks.

Ferret
Ferret
9,284 posts

This seems to be working fine for me, is anybody still having issues?

MacII
MacII
1,348 posts

It's always hard to tell, isn't it. I don't usually like to report every time there's a hitch.

Seems currently steady. I'm pretty sure though I've still noticed the usual lags and stalls since my last report. Minus that welcome maintenance notification, too.

I guess it'll be easier to say anything sensible on in say a week or so, if like you seem to indicate something substantial has been fixed.

And PJ,

Hmm, Pentium 4, eh. I guess that should still be capable of something. Any other specs? Your connection speed? That standard 512 Mb RAM of yore really won't see you very far these days, if that's what you have. Find a friendly second-hand seller to tell you whether it's worth boosting it some, or rather getting yourself a slightly newer old box while you're at it.
MacII
MacII
1,348 posts

... Well, so sure enough, just posting the above the whole site is back to giving blank pages.

Obviously fixed again for now. But hard to make any sensible comment on it, indeed.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,229 posts

Works fine for me on Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer.

Ferret
Ferret
9,284 posts

Glad to hear it. We've been doing database updates and whatnot, so some wonkiness is expected. Thanks for letting us know when there are issues though.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,408 posts

Can't reach main forum page in Chrome or IE. Got here from history link. Everything else on the site seems fine.

Showing 31-45 of 68