ForumsWEPR[nec]Christianity vs Atheism

3094 508108
kiddslayer12
kiddslayer12
70 posts
Nomad

I am a christian, i and i strongly belive in my lord jesus christ, and i also belive that if you belive in him and except him as your savior, u will go to heaven. and i also believe that he created the world, not the big bang, or that we came from stupid apes.

• 3,094 Replies
necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

Yes, I know that there is a difference between ice made of highly compacted snow and frozen water, thats why I suggested that there was a frozen lake, also to support a great flood you need a lot more evidence, for example you need to show that all living things migrated from Mt. Ararat. No, I believe in that which can be proven and is rational, if I only believed in things I could see, I couldn't believe in ideas like freedom or happiness. Oh, and even if God wouldn't need to create a roch he couldn't lift, could he do it?

Jikek
Jikek
1,186 posts
Nomad

Can he create a rock that he can't lift?

thats a strawmen...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NgCJeSMHcw skip to 2:50 i think he gives a good explanation...
MsterXantos
MsterXantos
438 posts
Nomad

@necromancer how should i know i am not God there are things in life he doesn't reveal to us because there is no point in us knowing and if you don't beleive in thigns you can't see you obviously don't beleive in wind for that is an unseen force also oxygen and many other things are unseen also carbon monoxide it can not be seen yet it claims lives so if you can't se ii it must not be real so why do people die from it?

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

@Jikek, I love how VenomFangX refutes supposed strawmen with arguments that definitely are strawmen. Also, he was only talking about a rock he cannot lift due to weight, I said a rock he can't lift, maybe not due to weight but maybe one imbued with the inability to be lifted or something along those lines.

@Xantos- I clearly told you that I believe in things that can be proven and are rational. So your argument completely falls through.

MsterXantos
MsterXantos
438 posts
Nomad

so you beleive in things tha tcan be easily proven there is many facts tha tyou let pass by and rational i snot always righ tif everyoen did what was rational and did what was rational all soldiers woudl be pansys rational does not mean right it only means that you beleive what science has proven and science has many errors in it

Jikek
Jikek
1,186 posts
Nomad

necromancer give me an example of a strawmen he has used?

MsterXantos
MsterXantos
438 posts
Nomad

finally we are getting somewhere

Eyes
Eyes
139 posts
Blacksmith

@ MsterXantos: I guarantee you that if you start using proper punctuation and capitalization your points will come across 10 times better, or your money back! (that and it would just be easier on my eyes)

To all of you supporters of "facts":

Now I don't pretend to be an expert in all the topics you guys are discussing, but I do know one thing: science has &quotroven" and presented "facts" that support many things. Various religions (specifically Christianity, in this case), have also &quotroven" and presented "facts" that support THEIR beliefs. Both have their faults, both have their points. But when it comes down to it you have to have some sort of underlying faith in those facts.

MsterXantos
MsterXantos
438 posts
Nomad

you have a reletive point but capatilization and punctuation take to long and you don't get anything for doing it you may have a point but i don't have the time to and yes it all comes down to those who are firm and those who are soft in their beliefs first off the yare facts and i don't have supporters like a politician i have those who agree with me and those who don't

Eyes
Eyes
139 posts
Blacksmith

I continued the whole &quotunctuation/capitalization" thing on your profile. Check it.

I'm not sure what you mean by "...i don't have supporters like a politician..." Could you clarify?

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

@Jikek-
Watch these two videos.

@Xantos-
What are some errors of science? Remember science likes to prove itself wrong to make itself right (ex. originally people thought everything loved the ground, then Newton proved there was gravity). Rational generally means logical, although there are some discrepancies.
You do need to work on spelling and punctuation, your arguments come out unclear otherwise.

MsterXantos
MsterXantos
438 posts
Nomad

To all of you supporters of "facts" this is what you said and i do not have supporters of my facts i have people who agree with me what is truth and what fiction done by a bunch of middle-aged men living in their parents basement doing so called scientific expirements to explain the universe

kiddslayer12
kiddslayer12
70 posts
Nomad

Chrs181818 -- i am reading the bible right now, and people should really read it, there are battles, gore, and other awesome stuff in it, its the best book in the world

kiddslayer12
kiddslayer12
70 posts
Nomad

thats so cool if u are a christian, and if ur not, u should really consider becoming one, if u want to talk to me on my profile

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

I don't think you should be posting things like that. Some may feel uncomfortable by you advertising something like it. I'm not mad, just a thought I had. It also kinda makes it seem like Christians are dumb because you say "a striving for knowledge." I love striving for more knowledge, and I am a Christian. You probably didn't mean for it to sound like that.....

Showing 61-75 of 3094