ForumsForum GamesThe Unending War of the Towers

461 79198
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Hello, and welcome to the latest (as of September 29, 2013) forum game of Nilo & Sons!

The basic point of the Unending War of the Towers is simply to try to destroy everyone else's tower while trying to keep yours well. The first time you post on this thread, a new tower magically appears in a vast grassy plain with the banners of your House. This tower you have to defend whilst strategically laying waste to the other towers.

Whilst the amount of rules is limited in this game, there are several that must be obeyed. 1: Godmodding is strictly forbidden. And 2. Your actions must be realistic, or at least, you must provide a logical way in which it could happen. Furthermore, the general forum rules must be obeyed as well. If any given action is proven to be unrealistic or hinged on godmodding, that action shall be pronounced null and void by the Opening poster.

Try to be as creative as possible! The towers can be destroyed, alliances can be formed, minions can be recruited and sent to die, and bloody clowns can be the protagonists of a great battle in which no clear victor shall arise. You know, it is not called 'Unending' just because.

So, it is brother against brother and brother against sister and sister against brother an....uh...you get the point.

• 461 Replies
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

... FINE, can they shoot rocks or something, like 2 mounted catapults?!
The darkknights know no such think as retreat! I pull them back, and unleash the mght of stealths beserkers into strategic places and try to cut away at their lines. after they fall (if they fall) I'll send 11 of my 21 Deathnights to crush the undead (Being Dark/Death, im pretty sure my people get resistance to undead/unholy...)

I send my 20 berserkers into 4 groups of 5 and each group attacks at all 4 corners of the army. (In group of 5 they shouldn't accidentally kill each other :P ).

The berserkers, although they dispatch a great number of foes, are relentlessly pelted with arrows and other such chaffer, and fall prey to the massive amount of enemies around them. The Dark Knights face the same problem as well. However, they do manage to temporarily rout the enemies and cut down many survivors. On the distance, another army is approaching, led by dark captains in shining black armour.

Anywho, i send some engineers to makr trenches and wooden obstcules around evilsweet tower, and my clerics start drawing positive energy circles around the city. They wont stop them but they will hurt some and delay them enough time tobmake some damage. The folrone hope march to sweet tower as well.

Okay'd.

My architects create a Arctic taiga in the north, wher i make a Ice giants kingdome.

This is a bit godmodding...

**** guys you are fast...

My thoughts precisely.

Oh, yea... I use my giant catapult to throw in rocks of the diameter of 50 yards to crush whatever it is that needs to be crushed. I realize these things are **** heavy, so I use the one mounted up there, let the beserkers kill, and then send my men in, and once they fall (which they hopefully wont) use my X-bow men (Now armed with flaming bolts!) and dreadnaughts to hold them back until my catapult is reloded.

Rocks are a bit large...make them smaller. Btw, what are dreadnoughts and x-bow men?

I send 400 draggons to damage the enemies supplies and making gasp in the waves for evilsweet to have time ro breath.

Godmodding?

I send 100 veteran musket elites to evil and I place them on the walls. They shoot at large targets so they have a lower chance to miss.

Okay!
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Guys, try not to post very fast now because I'm going to sleep (it's late over here).

I won't be on for some hours, and I'd really hate having to stroll through 5 pages of new comments, lol.

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Dragoons*, like heavy cavalery.

This architect thingy is my way to recruit soliders. As the geography is, well, lame, i discover mt own created lands.

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

Well, im guessing that you meant my darkknights suiciders and my deathknights. I try to remount the catapult, and keep peltign the enemies with fire bolts.
(X-bow means crossbow, I invented them :P)
Dreadnaughts are giant mechs, with up to 3 pilots, 2 "arms" equiped with rock cannons and a small slot in the back used for transporting goods/ up to 8 men.

stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

Just one more thing, I build a berserker barracks so I can train berserkers more quickly. I train 100 more berserkers I send 50 to evil and have them ready, I also have a large force of ninjas I haven't used. I send 50 ninjas to evil and tell them to pick off the high ranking people/things in the army. I also split the berserker into 10 groups of 5 and send them in spaced out, strategic positions around the army and order them to attack.

I won't post here for a while until Nilo posts again to save him from having to read heaps of pages.

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
I decide to start to train some beast Tamers for when the battle is done. I currently have 50 whip wielding Beast tamers already.

% of wood remaining: 70%
% of mine remaining:
75%

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Dragoons*, like heavy cavalery.

Ohh, okay. I thought you meant dragons like the giant flying creatures. Yes, you can use dragoons.

As the geography, well, lame

I agree. Any suggestions?

Dreadnaughts are giant mechs,

Could they be Leonardo-da-Vinci-like wooden contraptions instead? (I'll let your mechs have some sort of metal armour, because wood is, in most cases, very brittle against a heavy steel longsword, but there's gotta be wood under it...like the body under a knight's armour).

I train 100 more berserkers I send 50 to evil and have them ready

Because your berserkers are somewhat OP, I'm going to make a rule about this. The more berserkers you train, the weaker they are. So if you just have one berserker, versus having 1000, the one berserker will be stronger.

tell them to pick off the high ranking people/things in the army.

How? Please be descriptive!

I decide to start to train some beast Tamers for when the battle is done. I currently have 50 whip wielding Beast tamers already.

The same rule that applies to the berserkers will apply to your beasts and beast tamers. Be weary.

I won't post here for a while until Nilo posts again to save him from having to read heaps of pages.

Thank you.
stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

Because your berserkers are somewhat OP, I'm going to make a rule about this. The more berserkers you train, the weaker they are. So if you just have one berserker, versus having 1000, the one berserker will be stronger.

I just have the berserkers trained so they're ready. I send 5 berserkers to the undead army to wreck some havoc.

tell them to pick off the high ranking people/things in the army.

How? Please be descriptive!

Kunai knives, long katanas, short katanas, shurikens, bow and arrows etc.
When the ninjas use their swords they do it hit and run style.
stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

I bring 20 cannons to evil and set them up on the walls, I start firing them at the evil army and so to my veteran musket elites.

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

Thats why i only had 21 Deathknights. they are almost invincible (Almost....)

Could they be Leonardo-da-Vinci-like wooden contraptions instead? (I'll let your mechs have some sort of metal armour, because wood is, in most cases, very brittle against a heavy steel longsword, but there's gotta be wood under it...like the body under a knight's armour).

Sures, whatevers. as long as I can keep em.

I send my 50 tamers into the mines from reports of things living down there, and I continuesly shoot rocks and bolts from atop thy wall, alont with the smaller cannons/catapults and the large one atop. I will decrease the size to 15 yeard diameter until I can train soem trolls or something to lift bigger. I also keep my Dark(Not the super strong ones) outside, killing any undead that can get through my barrage of rocks and bolts. Inside, my Deathknights have a meeting to find a way to stop this. I think the lead deathknight has an Idea....
stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

I continue firing at the attacking army and after a squad of 5 berserkers eventually die, I send another squad of 5 berserkers, and so on and so forth.

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

My tamers find a small den of what seems to be large human-like creatures. the den looks abandoned, but we evacuate the mines.

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

I just have the berserkers trained so they're ready. I send 5 berserkers to the undead army to wreck some havoc.

Please don't try to bend across this rule.

Kunai knives, long katanas, short katanas, shurikens, bow and arrows etc.
When the ninjas use their swords they do it hit and run style.

Yes, but running into an army and trying to kill their generals which are at the rear is a suicide mission, and shuriken, arrows, and kunai don't really have the accuracy to be efficient at such a range.

I bring 20 cannons to evil and set them up on the walls, I start firing them at the evil army and so to my veteran musket elites.

Nuh uh. No cannons.

Thats why i only had 21 Deathknights. they are almost invincible (Almost....)

They are vincible though :P

I will decrease the size to 15 yeard diameter

15 yards is still huge! It's like the size of a bus!

until I can train soem trolls or something to lift bigger.

Gonna take some time :P

I also keep my Dark(Not the super strong ones) outside, killing any undead that can get through my barrage of rocks and bolts. Inside, my Deathknights have a meeting to find a way to stop this. I think the lead deathknight has an Idea....

The undead army charges forth, using large shields to hide themselves from the arrows. The stones, however, (I'll let you 8 yards..8 yards is still pretty large) crash against the advancing enemies and splatter them onto the cold, hard earth. Enemy skirmishers begin hurling javelins and pikes at the Dark knights, and although the projectiles are stopped by their thick armour, they are still encircled by many enemies who hit them with bone-swords and steel maces.

Great enemy siege engines are brought forth and placed against the walls, and from these siege towers, enemy forces begin attacking your soldiers on the walls. Fortunately, your men drive them back, and the enemy captains of the siege towers are killed. A large amount of ladders are then propped against the walls, some of which are thrown back at the undead force by your brave soldiers (and Ninja's). The enemy routs against this attack, giving you a short, critical moment to rethink your strategy.
evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

Operation, lets take a break to discuss casualties. here, fill in the blanks so I can get a small grasp of my/your casualties

My remaining DarkKnights:???%
Your remaining Force: ???%
My remaining dreadnaught/x-bowmen: ???%

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

I have an idea evilsweet, but you are not gonna like it...

Evacuate the city. My engineers will start building a tunnle toward the city from the city, helped by Neo mages. When time will come, ill flood the area violently.
Do you agree?

Showing 361-375 of 461