ForumsForum GamesThe Dragon's Gold (Dungeon Crawler)

355 73113
spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

so i was thinking yesterday that although my game take the castle is working as i would like, it is boring. although it keeps me busy with lots of things i must pay attention to, the players say "i raid" and sometimes "i buy 1 heavy infantry unit." so i have devised a new dungeon crawler game that i think any active forum participator will like. here is the intro- (this is a mid-evil era game)

One day, as you are sitting in your cottage, you hear a knock on your door. you go to answer it. standing there is a man in long purple cloaks (keep in mind that is the sign of royalty). you cannot see his face or any part of his body, as the cloak covers it all. he seems...friendly-ish, but before you can say anything he begins.
"Hello! my name is sir Acrobis of the Deminin family. i am here because i am looking for brave adventurers to help me forfill a quest...a very dangerous one. have you ever heard of the legendary dragon's gold?" you think for a moment, but you do not recall of it. "well legend has it that in a town very close to here a dragon has millions of pounds of gols stashed away in an underground safe...and i am trying to assemble a team to recover it. everyone participating splits the loot. Do you accept?" you say of course, beacuse you wont turn an offer like this one down. however, the following events are foggy.

Character Sheet:

Name:
visual description: (this will actually become important)
Bio: (can be blank. doesn't matter, but its a good idea anyway)
class: (below, pick one)
alignment: neutral (influenced by most everything)
------------
level: 1
XP: 0/10
health: 100/100
stats: ( base stats will be based on class, armor will factor in)
Strength:
Endurance:
Melee:
Ranged:
Magica: (the form of magic in this game)
------------
inventory: 1 rock, 2 health potions, 10 feet rope
party: N/A

take out everything in parenthesis

Rules:
1. i am the only one who determines outcomes of anything. you NEVER will say "i decapitate xyz monster and then run down a hall." instead, "i attempt to decaptiate xyz monster." big difference.
2. If/when you become in a party, battling will be different. i havent worked this out yet, but i can tell you this, if your not posting every 2 days, you may be subject to be taken out temporarily to permanently
3. godmodding is strictly forbidden
4. if you die, you are done. you may restart, but EVERYTHING you had will be destroyed.
5. arguing will NOT be tolerated

Notes:
1. observe EVERYTHING. one of the major functions in this game will be to observe the room. if you enter a room i will give you obvious things, but most everything important or even special you will have to take a turn and observe for.
2. every peice of armor will have stats, rarity, and resell value, because there will be AI vendors in this game
3. everyone is on the same map. i cannot stress this enough because its very important. i will sketch the map, and is possible to go into a room that has already been explored
4. enemies will, for the most part, scale to your level. but in some instances they may not. bosses will not present themselves to you obviously, and if your very weak i may say "dont not go in there unless you plan on dieing."
5. PvP is going to happen, unless you want to baby through the game and never hurt a soul.
6. everything you do in this game will factor towards your alignment. i will tell you what you are and inform you of changes.
7. XP will be gained by killing monsters. PvP kills will be worth TONS. leveling up increases base stats. i will tell you when you gain XP
8. I will always update your CS (character sheet), not you. there is a format i want it in, and it will be that way.

Classes:
(each class will get a weapon they start with, and different stats)
Knight:
starter weapon: short iron sword (+1 strength, +2 melee)
starting stats:
Strength: 5
Endurance: 5
Melee: 5
Ranged: 1
Magica: 0

archer:
starting weapon: short wooden bow (+1 strength, +2 ranged)
starter stats:
Strength: 2
Endurance: 2
Melee: 0
Ranged: 5
Magica: 1

Mage:
starter weapon: crude wooden staff (+5 magica)
starter stats:
Strength: 0
Ranged: 3
Magica: 5

it is important that you copy the stats that you get from you class onto your character sheet. then put your weapon in your inventory.

I hope you guys have fun with this! i will begin drawing the map on the 1st post.

• 355 Replies
jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

Name: David Jones
visual description: Black hair, tall and skinny, brown eyes, white skin, black robe, black leather shoes.
Bio: Comes from a farming family, he had been born with a strong connection with magica. He had mostly used it so far for accelerating the growth of plants, but when the man came he saw new oppurtunities for his powers. His parents, realising the potential which could come out of this, bought him a black robe.
class: Thermiclerge
alignment: neutral good
Gold: 250
------------
level: 2
XP: 1/15
health: 70/100
stats:
Strength: 5 (+5 from helmet)
Endurance:2
Ranged:3
Magica: 22 (+10 from staff) (22 current)
------------
inventory: 1 rock, 3 minor health potions, 2 magica potion, 10 feet rope, oaken staff (equipped, common), iron helmet (equipped, common), torch (unlit), 2 enchantment crystals (rare)
party: sir archene (rychus), Dwelin (archer), Hagus Rochbard (templar)
------------
spells:
small icicle (lvl1, 5 magica)
fire whisp (lvl1, hand magic)
sheild (lvl1, 10 magica)

I say okay. I yell back into the room, to Sir Archene, that we are going left. I head in the left direction.

stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

Name: Horace Altman
visual description: Muscular, Brown hair and eyes, 1.7 metres tall
Bio: Got tired of working at farm and decided to leave. Had alot of raw talent and trained to be a knight.
class: Knight
alignment: neutral
gold: 150
------------
XP: 8/10
stats:
Strength: 7 (+2 from sword)
Melee: 8 (+3 from sword)
------------
inventory: 1 rock, 2 health potions, 10 feet rope, short iron sword (+1 strength, +2 melee), long iron sword (+2 strength, +3 melee, equipped), skeletal key

I leave the room then observe, also tell me where I can go and where I haven't been I forgot :P

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

visual description: Black hair, tall and skinny, brown eyes, white skin, black robe, black leather shoes.
Bio: Comes from a farming family, he had been born with a strong connection with magica. He had mostly used it so far for accelerating the growth of plants, but when the man came he saw new oppurtunities for his powers. His parents, realising the potential which could come out of this, bought him a black robe.
------------
stats:
------------
inventory: 1 rock, 3 minor health potions, 2 magica potion, 10 feet rope, oaken staff (equipped, common), iron helmet (equipped, common), torch (unlit), 2 enchantment crystals (rare)
------------
spells:
sheild (lvl1, 10 magica)

down the hallway a little there is a room on your left, or the hallway continues straight.

Bio: Got tired of working at farm and decided to leave. Had alot of raw talent and trained to be a knight.
------------
stats:
------------
inventory: 1 rock, 2 health potions, 10 feet rope, short iron sword (+1 strength, +2 melee), long iron sword (+2 strength, +3 melee, equipped), skeletal key

you came down the hallway from the left where the large bazaar room was.

jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

------------
stats:
------------
------------
spells:
sheild (lvl1, 10 magica

I enter the room.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

------------
stats:
------------
------------
spells:
sheild (lvl1, 10 magica)

you enter the room, noticing a large noise as you enter. this large noise is coming from the side of the room, where you see a waterfall. this waterfall is extremely large, and its pouring right into a river that your standing next to. in front of you is the river, with a bridge in the middle. down the stream there is a wall where the room ends, but the river seems to be flowing underground. you are at the base of this interesting waterfall, and you cant see to the top. across the bridge you see the room continues on.

stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

------------
stats:
------------

I go right

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

------------
stats:
------------

well you just got the key to the 2nd floor so you could just turn around and go back if you wanted to.

stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

------------
stats:
------------

Oh, I go back to the place where I need to use the key for the 2nd floor

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

Name:Zenil the second
visual description: 5"6, average waist. Not strong, but he is a geometry expert.
Bio: His father always told tales of how he was a criminal, so he took his dads advice and took to a life of thievery
Alignment:True neutral
class: Archer
Gold: 0
------------
XP: 3/10
stats:
Strength: 3 (+1 from bow)
Ranged: 7 (+2 from bow)
------------
inventory: 1 rock, 2 health potions, 10 feet rope, short wodden bow (equipped, +1 strength, +2 ranged), small quiver (8 arrows [max 30], equipped)

I take his gold, his sword, the candles i origionally trie to take, then search for any parts of my arrows.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

------------
stats:
------------

the metal door is in front of you. you put the key in, and it dissolves into the door. it swings open, revealing a room beyond you. its very small, with 3 doors, one on each side of the room. from what you can see, they are identical. this almost feels like a challenge.

visual description: 5"6, average waist. Not strong, but he is a geometry expert.
Bio: His father always told tales of how he was a criminal, so he took his dads advice and took to a life of thievery
Gold: 50
------------
stats:
------------
inventory: 1 rock, 2 health potions, 10 feet rope, short wodden bow (equipped, +1 strength, +2 ranged), small quiver (8 arrows [max 30], equipped)

none of the arrows are usable. i believe we said he had 50 gold on him, it will be added.

anewbeginning
anewbeginning
379 posts
Nomad

------------
stats:
------------
------------
spells:
sheild (lvl1, 10 magica)

*How did stealth ninja get to a different first second-floor room than I got?*
I observe.

stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

------------
stats:
------------

I open all of the doors and observe where they go.

eliakith
eliakith
2,419 posts
Blacksmith

------------
stats:
------------

i am looking for ANY parts of my arrows.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

------------
stats:
------------
------------
spells:
sheild (lvl1, 10 magica)

*How did stealth ninja get to a different first second-floor room than I got?*

there are multiple ways to get to the 2nd floor. i made the 1st floor map to small, so when he joined i added it on. technically, you should have found that hallway, but it didnt exist when you got to that giant room. it will be like this for all floors, when new people join i may add things quickly.

you cross the bride, confused about how a forest has transpired inside a dungeon. you are in the middle of this small forest, and you see a live deer run across your path. birds are singing, and plants are abundant. you get to the end of the path, where you see a stone statue with a giant button and some writing. it looks like you should press it, but the writing is in a language you have never seen. suddenly, a voice shouts to you.
"do not press that button yet."
you turn to the voice, to see a lady in pure white robes. she is a little off the path, and it looks like she is meditating. her eyes are closed, and there is a very bright light shining down on her. birds are perched on her, and she is armed with nothing.
"you are confused as to why this room exists...this can all be answered. you appear to be a mage...wonderful."
she motions for you to step closer. if you havent figured it out, this room is important, with all of its secrets, so pay close attention to what happens next.

------------
stats:
------------
inventory: 1 rock, 2 health potions, 10 feet rope, short iron sword (+1 strength, +2 melee), long iron sword (+2 strength, +3 melee, equipped)

you open the 1st door. it opens towards you, and through the door is dark. all of the doors are like this. to see what they have behind them will require you to step into them.

------------
stats:
------------

if you insist. the 1 arrow is intact with its tip broke, the other is stuck in the mans face i believe. you pull it out, along with some of his brain, to see its covered in blood and its tip is as well broke.
spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

you cross the bride,

a quick typo: that says bridge.
Showing 286-300 of 355