ForumsForum GamesThe Dragon's Gold (Dungeon Crawler)

355 73231
spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

so i was thinking yesterday that although my game take the castle is working as i would like, it is boring. although it keeps me busy with lots of things i must pay attention to, the players say "i raid" and sometimes "i buy 1 heavy infantry unit." so i have devised a new dungeon crawler game that i think any active forum participator will like. here is the intro- (this is a mid-evil era game)

One day, as you are sitting in your cottage, you hear a knock on your door. you go to answer it. standing there is a man in long purple cloaks (keep in mind that is the sign of royalty). you cannot see his face or any part of his body, as the cloak covers it all. he seems...friendly-ish, but before you can say anything he begins.
"Hello! my name is sir Acrobis of the Deminin family. i am here because i am looking for brave adventurers to help me forfill a quest...a very dangerous one. have you ever heard of the legendary dragon's gold?" you think for a moment, but you do not recall of it. "well legend has it that in a town very close to here a dragon has millions of pounds of gols stashed away in an underground safe...and i am trying to assemble a team to recover it. everyone participating splits the loot. Do you accept?" you say of course, beacuse you wont turn an offer like this one down. however, the following events are foggy.

Character Sheet:

Name:
visual description: (this will actually become important)
Bio: (can be blank. doesn't matter, but its a good idea anyway)
class: (below, pick one)
alignment: neutral (influenced by most everything)
------------
level: 1
XP: 0/10
health: 100/100
stats: ( base stats will be based on class, armor will factor in)
Strength:
Endurance:
Melee:
Ranged:
Magica: (the form of magic in this game)
------------
inventory: 1 rock, 2 health potions, 10 feet rope
party: N/A

take out everything in parenthesis

Rules:
1. i am the only one who determines outcomes of anything. you NEVER will say "i decapitate xyz monster and then run down a hall." instead, "i attempt to decaptiate xyz monster." big difference.
2. If/when you become in a party, battling will be different. i havent worked this out yet, but i can tell you this, if your not posting every 2 days, you may be subject to be taken out temporarily to permanently
3. godmodding is strictly forbidden
4. if you die, you are done. you may restart, but EVERYTHING you had will be destroyed.
5. arguing will NOT be tolerated

Notes:
1. observe EVERYTHING. one of the major functions in this game will be to observe the room. if you enter a room i will give you obvious things, but most everything important or even special you will have to take a turn and observe for.
2. every peice of armor will have stats, rarity, and resell value, because there will be AI vendors in this game
3. everyone is on the same map. i cannot stress this enough because its very important. i will sketch the map, and is possible to go into a room that has already been explored
4. enemies will, for the most part, scale to your level. but in some instances they may not. bosses will not present themselves to you obviously, and if your very weak i may say "dont not go in there unless you plan on dieing."
5. PvP is going to happen, unless you want to baby through the game and never hurt a soul.
6. everything you do in this game will factor towards your alignment. i will tell you what you are and inform you of changes.
7. XP will be gained by killing monsters. PvP kills will be worth TONS. leveling up increases base stats. i will tell you when you gain XP
8. I will always update your CS (character sheet), not you. there is a format i want it in, and it will be that way.

Classes:
(each class will get a weapon they start with, and different stats)
Knight:
starter weapon: short iron sword (+1 strength, +2 melee)
starting stats:
Strength: 5
Endurance: 5
Melee: 5
Ranged: 1
Magica: 0

archer:
starting weapon: short wooden bow (+1 strength, +2 ranged)
starter stats:
Strength: 2
Endurance: 2
Melee: 0
Ranged: 5
Magica: 1

Mage:
starter weapon: crude wooden staff (+5 magica)
starter stats:
Strength: 0
Ranged: 3
Magica: 5

it is important that you copy the stats that you get from you class onto your character sheet. then put your weapon in your inventory.

I hope you guys have fun with this! i will begin drawing the map on the 1st post.

• 355 Replies
spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

Name: David Jones
visual description: Black hair, tall and skinny, brown eyes, white skin, black robe, black leather shoes.
Bio: Comes from a farming family, he had been born with a strong connection with magica. He had mostly used it so far for accelerating the growth of plants, but when the man came he saw new oppurtunities for his powers. His parents, realising the potential which could come out of this, bought him a black robe.
class: Mage
alignment: neutral good
Gold: 50
------------
XP: 6/10
health: 90/100
stats:
Strength: 5 (+5 from helmet)
Endurance:2
Ranged:3
Magica: 15 (+5 from staff)
------------
inventory: 1 rock, 2 health potions, 10 feet rope, crude wooden staff (equipped, starter), iron helmet (equipped, common), torch (lit),
------------
spells:
small fireball (lvl1)
fire whisp (lvl1, hand magic)

"healing potions cost 50 gold. i do sell low leveled tomes at about 200 each. your staff goes for about 50 gold. i am a skilled fighter. if you can kill me, you can take all my items."
he seems to give you every answer methodically.

Could I teach people magic? For example, if that guy gives me a health potion I teach him how to shoot a fire whisp

if you were interested sure, but what you would get out of it varies.
jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

visual description: Black hair, tall and skinny, brown eyes, white skin, black robe, black leather shoes.
Bio: Comes from a farming family, he had been born with a strong connection with magica. He had mostly used it so far for accelerating the growth of plants, but when the man came he saw new oppurtunities for his powers. His parents, realising the potential which could come out of this, bought him a black robe.
------------
stats:
------------
inventory: 1 rock, 2 health potions, 10 feet rope, crude wooden staff (equipped, starter), iron helmet (equipped, common), torch (lit),
------------
spells:
small fireball (lvl1)

I observe the area, including all of his inventory and if he has any other equipment besides the accordion.

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

Name: Archene De'Night
visual description: Brown hair, green eyes, and stands at 5"11.
Bio: Bored with normal life, decides to go dungeon exploring! Is a hunter, so he knows how to use a bow.
class: Archer
alignment: neutral
gold: 0
------------
XP: 3/10
stats:
Melee: 0 (+3 from arrows)
Ranged: 5 (+5 from bow)
------------
inventory: 1 rock, 2 health potions, 10 feet rope, short wooden bow + quiver (10 arrows [max 30], equipped)

"Who are you?", I ask. I loot the guards body.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

------------
stats:
------------
------------
spells:
small fireball (lvl1)

there is nothing in the area of interest, but here is his full inventory (minus items mages cant use)

minor health potion, 50 gold
restores 25 health
----------
adequate health potion, 100 gold
restores 50 health
----------
intense health potion, 200 gold
restores 100 health
----------
revival potion, 300 gold
if you die, this item automatically revives you at the nearest safe area. if you do not have one, your out of the game.
----------
all-star potion, 300 gold
boosts all stats by 50% of their current (including armor)
----------
oaken staff, 100 gold (mage, common)
+10 magica
----------
advanced oaken staff, 200 gold (mage, uncommon)
+15 magica
----------
pyromancer's staff, 300 gold (pyromancer, uncommon)
+15 magica
+10 power to fire spells
----------
neromacner's staff, 300 gold (necromancer, uncommon)
+15 magica
+10 power to death spells
----------
thermiclery's staff, 300 gold (thermiclerge, uncommon)
+15 magica
+10 power to ice spells
----------
lightmancer's staff, 300 gold (lightmancer, uncommon)
+15 magica
+10 power to storm spells
----------
enchantment crystal, 50 gold (rare)
used to enchant armor/weapons
----------

i suppose i should explain a few things:
1. once a mage reaches level 2, he/she can choose one of the mage types. they are pyromancy (fire mage), necromancy (death mage), thermiclergy (ice mage), or lightmancy (storm mage). this class type will determine your spells (which will change when you pick), and the type of wands/staffs you can equip. you dont have to worry about this now.
2. enchanting items will allow them to become more powerful. when you enchant an item, it will gain boosted stats. to do this you must have the corresponding amount of enchantment crystals. getting something to enchantment level 6 requires 6 crystals, ect. these crystals are rare but easily purchasable.

everything else he sells is either out of your level range, class req, or way to much gold. i will give you the tome list once you reach level 2 and pick class.

Bio: Bored with normal life, decides to go dungeon exploring! Is a hunter, so he knows how to use a bow.
gold: 50
------------
stats:
------------
inventory: 1 rock, 2 health potions, 10 feet rope, short wooden bow + common quiver (10 arrows [max 30], equipped)

you loot him to find 50 gold.
"My name is Teser. i am the spirit tied to this dungeon, and i am Bolerac's 1st in command. Bolerac is the dragon that dwells below us. you are at the mercy of my powers, but i will not kill you. everything in this dungeon will be because of me, not the dragon. you should know that to get to lower floors of this place, you must get a key 1st. this is all the help you get from me, but i will stay here for a minute if you have questions."

remember you could say anything to this man, or anyone else.

jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

------------
stats:
------------
------------
spells:
small fireball (lvl1)

I show him all of my stuff and ask how much I can sell each of them for. I also ask if he ever gives discounts.

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

------------
stats:
------------
inventory: 1 rock, 2 health potions, 10 feet rope, short wooden bow + common quiver (10 arrows [max 30], equipped)

"Where will I find this key? And are there other people in the dungeon that are set out to go lower?"

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

------------
stats:
------------
------------
spells:
small fireball (lvl1)

"ha ha, you own a fine staff." he looks at your inventory. "the staff is worth 50, your potions are worth 25, the rope...25." (but i don't recommend selling it). "the rock has no value. i give discounts every so often, usually if you have completed some fine achievements which will be revealed to you if you complete them."

------------
stats:
------------

"where...i could not tell you. how...i could not tell you. you must figure these things out on your own. there is another person here, he goes by the name david, and he has already met the traveling merchant, meaning he is indeed ahead of you."
this man still does not move.

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

------------
stats:
------------

I nod in understanding. I tell the knight farewell, and continue on my way.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

------------
stats:
------------

you should understand he is your enemy and hes trying to, generally, kill you.

you continue on your way until you hit a turn. you can keep going straight, or turn left. going straight its dark, and you have no torch. left is light.

jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

------------
stats:
------------
------------
spells:
small fireball (lvl1)

I sell my staff to him and buy the oaken staff from him. I then continue.

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

------------
stats:
------------

I stay in the light.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

Gold: 0
------------
stats:
Magica: 20 (+10 from staff)
------------
inventory: 1 rock, 2 health potions, 10 feet rope, oaken staff (equipped, common), iron helmet (equipped, common), torch (lit),
------------
spells:
small fireball (lvl1)

mkay. your total gold is now 0.
"farewell!" the merchant says, and then you continue. the torch you have starts flickering, and the merchant notices. "heres a fresh one."
he hands you a newly lit torch replacing your old one. keep in mind that all torches will eventually die out.
you come to the end of the hallway without seeing anything important. on your right is a room, on your left a hallway.

------------
stats:
------------
inventory: 1 rock, 2 health potions, 10 feet rope, short wooden bow + common quiver (9 arrows [max 30], equipped)

you take the left, where the light. there on the wall you see a torch, explaining the light easily. however, as you get near it, you hear grumbling. the hallway continues on, but you see nothing. you also deduct an arrow for killing the 1st guard which I forgot about.

jeray2000
jeray2000
435 posts
Peasant

------------
stats:
------------
inventory: 1 rock, 2 health potions, 10 feet rope, oaken staff (equipped, common), iron helmet (equipped, common), torch (lit),
------------
spells:
small fireball (lvl1)

I go into the room on my right and observe.

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

------------
stats:
------------
inventory: 1 rock, 2 health potions, 10 feet rope, short wooden bow + common quiver (9 arrows [max 30], equipped)

I search for the origin of the grumbling.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

------------
stats:
------------
------------
spells:
small fireball (lvl1)

the room is completely dark. upon walking in, you wave your torch to the left to see that the room is circular, and average sized. you walk a small bit, not seeing anything important. your standing around the middle of the room. suddenly, you see a flicker of light to your right.

------------
stats:
------------

you begin walking, and as you do, you see a small figure standing against the wall. you draw your bow, but it doesn't move. its shadowed, you cannot see it.

Showing 46-60 of 355