Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

Same rules, but with people.

Thor.

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/7p7rocHEecE/maxresdefault.jpg

VS.

Superman.

http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100819014815/superman/images/7/72/Superman.jpg

• 86 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I actually thought there would be people involved...

Thor. Because somehow he would find Kryptonite, just like everyone else.

I also like that you have the enthusiasm like the comic book makers to have two people that shouldn't be fighting..end up fighting.

pHacon
pHacon
1,903 posts
Nomad

Gotta give it to Supes. Comic Thor has no advantage over him once he loses Mjolnir, and Superman would be able to just rip it from his hands and use it against him, since he's so pure of heart (anyone so one-dimensional would have to be, with the exception of Deadpool, who's pure crazy). Not to mention Superman has the power to destroy planets, given adequate time for preparation, and he could easily kill Thor just by throwing him anywhere he can't reach Mjolnir.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

Thor.

Superman would be able to just rip it from his hands and use it against him, since he's so pure of heart

True, but the Mjolnir is an enchanted object, and Superman is weak to magic with no natural defenses, so it would depend on what they knew about each other and who struck first. Superman may be as fast as (or faster than) light, but Thor is perceptive enough to track him. If Thor started off with some mystical blasts of energy or molecular manipulation, made a forcefield whenever Superman came near, then drained his energy, he'd win.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

True,

Even from that..it states it was a source outside continuity. On top of that, given that Superman couldn't lift it later, there is much reason to believe that , as it states, Odin lifted the enchantment.
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Oh God... can we please have no more "Battle of the _" threads. One was enough. Three is getting redundant.

Anyways, I'd say Thor. Thor has weaknesses but none that completely impair his abilities. In hand to hand combat it would pretty much be even but if Thor's weaknesses are less impairing then Thor would win.

Thor could just find some Kryptonite and Superman is a goner.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

It's alright, I don't mind more threads if they focus on different comparisons. It's more interesting than having to guess on American brands all the time.

Probably Thor. I'm not a comic buff so I'm not making the comparison based on powers, but based on the films. Superman roles always seem very angst, to the point of being darkly Byronic that it gets very tiring. Thor so far has been very refreshing, even human in his character. I know it's all film portrayal, but that's my take.

If we go by powers, I would suppose finding a lump of kryptonite somehow would make it a one way show...

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

Thor never liked superman

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I was looking through Thor's Marvel Database page and I came across this passage:

"At one point, Adolf Hitler succeeded in contacting Thor and deceived him into aiding the cause of the Germans, the descendants of the people who had once worshiped him, in the current war. Thor therefore clashed with the Invaders and nearly killed the second Union Jack with a blast of lightning from his enchanted hammer. Learning that Hitler was evil, Thor vowed to aid him no more, and withdrew most of the electricity in Union Jack's body back into his hammer, somehow restoring him to health in the process. The second Union Jack now possessed the superhuman power to discharge electrical bolts from his body."

I vote Thor solely because of this brief narrative.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Thor, he's a god while Superman is an alien who is allergic to a rock.

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Supetman is OP. You cant beat him. He can do this and this and this and bla bla bla. Flying supeer strengh lazers bulletproof super speed etc etc.
Superman is the classic super hero. The kryptonite thing was a lame try to make nerf him.

So i vote for the guy in tights.

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

Oh God... can we please have no more "Battle of the _" threads. One was enough. Three is getting redundant.

Are you saying you're against increasing Tavern activity as a whole?! =O *shudders*

My vote goes to Superman... sure, he may have one major weakness, but kryptonite is not exactly easy to obtain! And I'm sure a guy who can fly faster than a speeding bullet could easily dodge a kryptonite projectile if thrown at him...
Fuzio
Fuzio
63 posts
Nomad

All of Thor's power is in his hammer. Superman has the power within and he doesn't need a hammer...... Superman of course!

fukwon
fukwon
283 posts
Farmer

Superman, refer to the superman vs. goku screwattack death battle on YouTube to learn why superman can literally not be defeated by any foe.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

but kryptonite is not exactly easy to obtain!

You tell that to the comic book writers.
bingu77788
bingu77788
464 posts
Peasant

In this case, which is better, Superman or Hulk?

If Superman is better, I pick him, as he has other superpowers like laser eyes and stuff. (At least what I heard from my lil cousin, Im not a fan of Superman.)

But if Hulks better than Superman, then Thor would be ma choice. According to Marvels The Avengers, Hulk cant even lift Thors hammer, which makes Thor able to carry more heavy stuff to throw.

Make sense? I hope.

Showing 1-15 of 86