Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

Same rules, but with people.

Thor.

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/7p7rocHEecE/maxresdefault.jpg

VS.

Superman.

http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100819014815/superman/images/7/72/Superman.jpg

• 86 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Spiderman....Comic book version. I don't really appreciate Batman, his character just seems like an overly dark and blemished Byronic-type brooder. Spiderman is more relatable. A normal guy who stumbles upon powers.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

This reminds me of that scene in The Avengers where Tony Stark is arguing with Cap about who's better and why. I prefer the self-made hero (even a self-made villain or anti-hero) who spends years in mental and physical preparation toward their goals over someone who gets powers by luck or drugs.

Spiderman: [to Batman] Big man in a suit of armor. Take that off, what are you?
Batman: Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist.
Spiderman: I-
Batman: Industrialist, chemist, strategist, tactician.
Spiderman: But-
Batman: Detective, ninja, acrobat, escapologist.
Spiderman: Y-
Batman: Marksman, swordsman, hacker, pilot. Got anything better?
Spiderman: Uhh... I can stick to walls, secrete strong threads from my wrists, and I can sew. And I feel all tingly when I'm in danger.
Batman: I said "better".

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

In case that wasn't clear enough, I vote Batman.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Spiderman....Comic book version. I don't really appreciate Batman, his character just seems like an overly dark and blemished Byronic-type brooder. Spiderman is more relatable. A normal guy who stumbles upon powers.

This.. So much of this..

I agree completely and he said my explanation. Spiderman.
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,779 posts
Chamberlain

Well, I don't read comic books, just watch the movies, so I, of course, vote Batman.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

I saw it more as he was asking who would win in a fight, not that you are wrong. I completely agree.
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

So... New battle ever? :/ Charlie it's been months...

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

So... New battle ever?

I'm guessing there won't be a new battle from him because of his post on the last page.

Ugh.. I can't think of a new one. I give the job to someone who can handle this.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

I guess I'll do it this time.

Spiderman 9
Batman 14

The Caped Crusader wins

NEW ROUND!!!

Bill Gates

VS

Steve Jobs

Round ends at the end of the month.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Epic Rap Battles right?

I vote for Hal 9000.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Epic Rap Battles right?

That's where I'm getting my vote. Steve Jobs, but of course Hal 9000 won the rap ^^
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,779 posts
Chamberlain

Bill Gates, I mean sure, I love my IPod, but I much rather prefer the layout and accessibility of Windows.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Bill Gates, for still being alive.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

A tough battle, considering these two men have both contributed so much to our everyday lives.

In order to vote, I'm going to venture into my everyday life. Steve Jobs pioneered the technology for major devices such as the Apple computer, the iPod, the iPhone, and the iPad. But I don't have an Apple computer, an iPod, an iPhone, or an iPad. I have a Windows computer that runs Windows 7, the easiest, most useful, and least glitchy operating system I've ever used. I have used Apple products in the past, and they've caused me to buy Windows computers and eventually Android phones simply because I didn't like the iOS interface.

I'm a PC, and voting for Bill Gates was my idea.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

With all these "Battle of" threads, pretty soon we could have a Battle of the Battle of threads thread.

This is a tough one. Although I should probably look at the persons themselves and not their products, I'm going to focus on their products because it's what I know about them best.

PC Pros

2.) PCs are considered superior for gaming, in part by the fact that more games are available for PCs.

3.) It's the "classic thought" that MACs hold up better against PCs when it comes to photo editing, video editing, and music creation, but I feel in recent years PC has taken a foothold in those areas too. Photoshop will run just as well on the PC nowadays and I've heard PCs are usually cheaper than MACs while maintaining the same processing speed. For video editing, Final Cut Pro was used widely and very highly regarded for it's features, until Final Cut Pro X was released. I would consider Final Cut Pro X a fail, alllowing Avid (another highly revered editing software) to move back near the number one spot. Avid runs on PC.

MAC pros

1.) Ever heard of a little thing called the Apple iPhone? Yes, what a silly question, they are everywhere. Pretty much the smartphone of choice (I'm not up to date, but Android is may pass them up?)

2.) The iPad and iPad minis seem to be the tablet computers of choice.

3.) iPods and Apple iTunes, when it comes to listing to music on a portable device iPod is usually the number one choice. (Remember when portable, digital music devices were called MP3 players? iPods became synonyms with MP3 player and then quickly just replaced the term altogether. Who even calls them portable music players? lol)

My Vote

I vote for Bill Gates. Really close call. Some say he stole his technology from Steve Jobs, but Bill Gates PCs are too important for me to err in favor of Steve Jobs.

Showing 46-60 of 86