Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

Same rules, but with people.

Thor.

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/7p7rocHEecE/maxresdefault.jpg

VS.

Superman.

http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100819014815/superman/images/7/72/Superman.jpg

• 86 Replies
IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

Bill Gates got most of his ideas from IBM and Steve Jobs stole most of his ideas from Jonathan Ive who is the real designer of Apple, he is the one that designed the products we know and love today not Jobs. Both are just showmen, but Steve Jobs is better at showmanship than Gates who's software isn't great. I vote for Steve Jobs.

IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

My vote is only on opinion of the people, if we are talking about their products then I would vote for Gates.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

With all these "Battle of" threads, pretty soon we could have a Battle of the Battle of threads thread.

The current Weekly Poll battle is the same general idea.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

I would say, that, I favour PC over Mac, because I find Mac, or those that I have used, to be slightly frivolous, frilly, hipster-magnet machines, and PCs seem more practical. But as to the men themselves, I find it harder to differentiate. It used to be said that Jobs was a stingy old Scrooge when it came to charity, casting him as the bad guy compared to Gates, but ever since they revealed posthumously that Jobs secretly gave millions away to good causes, I think people's respect would increase.

Fence sitter.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Bill Gates.

Only reason I can give is that I don't really like MAC and I love PC.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

It used to be said that Jobs was a stingy old Scrooge when it came to charity,

I never heard it in relation with charity. I did hear however that he was not the most pleasant guy to work with. Bill Gates always seems nice on the fotos and such. I know it sounds a bit oafish, but based on that I would rather vote for Bill Gates (I'm sure his marketing team would be glad to hear that).
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

I never heard it in relation with charity. I did hear however that he was not the most pleasant guy to work with.

He was criticized heavily when he was still alive. And yes, I've heard he was a nightmare boss.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

9 Gates, 1 Jobs.
BG wins!

Based on their voices alone,
Don LaFontaine

VS

Morgan Freeman

BEGIN!

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I find Morgan Freeman to be more recognizable so that's who I'm going with.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Morgan Freeman, just like what Sal said, he's more recognizable. Plus I've never heard Don so ya.

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

Modern movie trailers would suck if Don hadn't intervened, so I'm voting for him. I've watched old movie trailers, and they don't make me want to watch the movies they're advertising.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

I feel like dons time has passed so I'll go with freeman

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Morgan Freeman. Everyone loves Morgan Freeman. Morgan Freeman can do anything with his voice.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Don. You've likely never heard of him, but it's almost a sure guarantee you have heard a trailer of his. He's so commonplace that he's unrecognizable. Basically the voice of a typical trailer, which all later voice actors have used as a model. Pioneer and revolutionary on the making of trailers and narration.

In a world, where there was no Don LaFontaine.....

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

Plus I've never heard Don so ya.

I can almost guarantee that you have. But if not, that's what YouTube's for:

Trailers
Geico
Short Documentary

Don!

I'll need more than that to count a vote.

I have no idea who the other guy is, so, Morgan Freeman.

That's what the link was for.

I feel like dons time has passed

Well, he kind of died over 5 years ago.
Showing 61-75 of 86