ForumsThe Tavern10 guy thoughts.

35 9492
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

I just had a thought that may sound like i was high when i had it, but i swear i was clear.

I looked at my hand and thought - we dont have claws. We dont have big fangs or jaw. No hard tail or spikes on our back. We are not "built" to kill other things. Yet we do. We made our own "spikes" and "claws" and "tails".
Think about it.

Post your own "high" thoughts or any other random ideas you have. Feel free to talk!

• 35 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Everytime I wake up or have one of my mysterious blind moments, I usually would think. "Is this world real? Or am I just dreaming it? But if I'm dreaming it then I must be dreaming myself, which means nothing is real and that I'm not real. So I'm

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Accidently hit the submit button.

Everytime I wake up or have one of my mysterious blind moments, I usually would think. "Is this world real? Or am I just dreaming it? But if I'm dreaming it then I must be dreaming myself, which means nothing is real and that I'm not real. So I'm not dreaming anything which means I'm dreaming a dream that doesn't really exist."

Yes, that is what I think alot.

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

" Hi, how are you? "

" Go away. "

You feel like you been betrayed.

jeff2241
jeff2241
120 posts
Nomad

haha Charlie, that has never happened to me. must only be a problem for certain people

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

*cough* shower thoughts *cough* lol :]

I find that to be a thought provoking post.
The way I see it is this, it does seem odd that humans have little in terms of built in self defence (not counting the human bodies immune system) as compared to other animals. But we do poses powerful minds, minds much more capable than other animals. So in a sense, our minds are our self denfece. Our minds are what give use the power over other animals, instead of a claw, hardened shell, or razor sharp teeth.

And, there are also animals of prey like rabbits, that are weaker than most there predators in certain ways, but manage to survive.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

We are not "built" to kill other things

Soooo... Then why are we built to build things that kill other things? Have to eat something.
Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

Have to eat something

I don't eat pigs.
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

What is food? You can eat bread until we fill our belly and feel just the same as after eating a huge steak.
Also, if water is so importent to us, why it dont taste good for us? You whould guese that our brain will make it taste good for our surviveling.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

What is food? You can eat bread until we fill our belly and feel just the same as after eating a huge steak.
Also, if water is so importent to us, why it dont taste good for us? You whould guese that our brain will make it taste good for our surviveling.

What do you mean water taste bad?
I drink at least 6 full glass of water everyday and I don't think it taste bad.
Unless you're used to drink soda or alcohol all the time which will make water taste like nothing.
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Not bad, but juice and almost anything else taste much better. But maybe you are right, and im just used to soft drinks too much...

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Hmm, wait, I think there are some valid points here.
What is food, that is a good question. Normally we take for granted what constitutes food and what doesn't, but somewhere along, in history, some persons had to figure out what was edible and what wasn't. Perhaps, not all foods had to be "learned", as it may have been instinctual for our early ancestors to know what to and what not to eat.

But, think of something like cheese. It really would seem like something that should not be eaten. Part of the process of making cheese is to add bacteria and then to let it age. Most foods go bad if you let them sit out for too long. When a food goes bad it will often have a foul or strong odor. Many cheeses are aged (allowed to sit out) and have a foul or strong odor. Cheese basically has the same properties of spoiled or rotten food, it's old and it smells bad. Yet, someone gave the old smelly cheese a try, enjoyed it and lived.

[Origins of Cheese]

The idea of this makes me wonder who discovered what things are edible and what things aren't? The person who discovered cheese, why did they take the risk of eating something that probably appeared to be rotten? Further, some berries are edible and therefore food, whilst others are poisonous and therefore not food. Many different people of many different ages must have slowly fleshed out which berries are edible and which ones aren't. Lastly, some foods, especially processed ones, contain ingredients that aren't necessarily food (think Tartrazinek a.k.a yellow die number 5), yet we still consume them when contained as an ingredient of a food.

I think I get what your saying. Many people either don't like the taste of water or find that it has a neutral taste (basically no taste) and would prefer to drink juice, soda pop, milk, tea, or some other substance.

Don't forget though, that many liquid substances contain water (most juices do). Also, most foods also have water in them.

Some fruits and vegetables are almost 90% water by weight and even meats have a decent percentage of water in them. So, at first it may seem that water should taste better to a human, but I feel what it lacks in taste, it makes up for in being in almost everything we eat and drink, making it difficult not to get some amount of water every day.

If you follow the link and go to the section about Beyond the tap: Other sources of water it fits in well with what I'm saying at water http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/water/NU00283/NSECTIONGROUP=2

Sorry for this being so long. Hopefully what I said isn't a total non-understanble mess lol.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Also, if water is so importent to us, why it dont taste good for us?

Have you ever been sort of dehydrated? Or perhaps been out in the hot sun all day? I'll tell you, nothing tastes better then water in situations like that.

Water is great. Completely pure water would have no taste, since it's the minerals and stuff in it that give it flavor, so yeah. Water is pretty good stuff.
Pieguyme
Pieguyme
1,010 posts
Farmer

So has anyone else woken up at three o clock in the morning, and taken a drink of water, and it tasted awesome beyond words, yet when you take a drink at noon the next day, from the same cup, it just tastes like normal water? I swear, it's the weirdest thing.....

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Well i agree. Water do can feel tasty. I just say that our brain kind off take it as granted. If it was up to me, i would replace water taste with the taste of apples or something.

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

Not bad, but juice and almost anything else taste much better. But maybe you are right, and im just used to soft drinks too much...

I honestly think water tastes perfect, since I can drink drinks and get sick of them cause their taste is just too sweet over time or too sour or something like that, with water I don't have that problem.

So has anyone else woken up at three o clock in the morning, and taken a drink of water, and it tasted awesome beyond words, yet when you take a drink at noon the next day, from the same cup, it just tastes like normal water? I swear, it's the weirdest thing.....

I've had that happen before, water when you're thirsty in the middle of the night is better than anything else.

Btw different topic along the lines of dreams, has anyone else been in the state of mind where your thoughts become your dreams? For example I'd be thinking about how I'd like a car, and it'd be boxed shaped, and a box would appear in my mind crystal clear, then I'd add components to it completely conscious making exactly what I wanted, while having that subconscious dream state as well.
Showing 1-15 of 35