ForumsForum GamesHeroes (D&D Style)

65 14200
Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

In the year 2013, super-powered humans rule the day to day life. Every day you can find people fighting each other in the cities, fighting over anything from a crime to a misunderstanding. These superhumans gave birth to a rise in crime and vigilantes, yet none have the destiny you have.

Name:
Alter-Ego: (leave blank unless giving good reason)
Biography:
Powers: (leave blank. at the start you have no powers.)
Alignment:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Divide up 14 points
Strength: 10 (increases melee damage, chances to smash things and lift things.)
Constitution: 10 (increases health and toughness.)
Dexterity: 10 (increases dodge chances and finesse such as lockpicking and stealth.)
Intelligence: 10 (increases hacking and figuring things out scores.)
Charisma: (increases diplomacy with people.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Inventory:
None
Equipment:
Casual Clothes: No Defense
Money: 0$
Feats:
(leave blank...for now.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Health: (will be determined by me based on starting rolls, biography, and constitution.)
Attacks:
Punch: 1-3

This will not be multiplayer unless you really want it to.

Prior knowledge of D&D would be helpful but not mandatory.

I will take 3-4 people.

• 65 Replies
anewbeginning
anewbeginning
379 posts
Nomad

Name: David Jones
Alter-Ego:
Biography: Raised by an average family, he should have turned out to be a completely normal child. However he was born with a unique mental illness that no amount of therapy could help, and had to be sent away. However, during an extremely bad power outage he managed to escape the asylum into the city and began a life as a scavenger. One day after spending the little money he saved after several years of eating trash on a scam magic show, David twisted so much that he had the demented dream of creating a world where all entertainment comes at a price. How he will achieve this dream is as of yet unknown, even to himself.
Powers:
Alignment:
Strength: 15
Constitution: 10
Dexterity: 20
Intelligence: 15
Charisma: 10
Inventory:
Sharp piece of metal
Rotten food
Equipment:
Feats:

Health: 10
Attacks:
Punch: 1d3+2
Level: 1
Experience: 0/1000

I copy his stance as best I can amd use my sharp piece of metal as knife. I then shout 'Come at me, bro!'.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

Name: Spike Archiac
Alter-Ego:
Biography: young, likes adventure, level headed and annoying. can be brave. prefers swords over brains.
Powers:
Alignment: neutral
Strength: 20
Constitution: 14
Dexterity: 16
Intelligence: 10
Charisma:
Inventory:
None
Equipment:
Feats:
Health:
Attacks:
Punch: 1d3

since i already spent 14, i added 6 more. for my backstory, i dont care. start me wherever you want.

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Name: Storm Keket Dragon
Biography: Storm was born to a rich family that earned everything they have by breaking the law and not being caught. Because of this she was trained all of her childhood to take up the family job and no one in the family will stand for someone who will just set back and tell others what to do. However Storm knows that what her family does is wrong. This has lead her to thinking of how to rebel ever since she was a teen. She is now 21 and no one in the family, except her dad, knows that she plans to break away from the family. It's okay that her dad knows cause Storm has always been her dad's favorite and he is now regretting what the family does. Unfortunately he doesn't see a way out for himself and isn't willing to risk trying to get any of Storm's sibs out before they are full grown. Storm is the oldest of eight kids.
Alignment: NG
Strength: 15 (increases melee damage, chances to smash things and lift things.)
Constitution: 15 (increases health and toughness.)
Dexterity: 15 (increases dodge chances and finesse such as lockpicking and stealth.)
Intelligence: 15 (increases hacking and figuring things out scores.)
Charisma: 10 (increases diplomacy with people.)
Inventory:
None
Equipment:
Feats:
(leave blank...for now.)
Health: 11
Attacks:

I get up and ask the butler and maids to make it quick cause I needed to get ready for the day.

Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

Alter-Ego:
Biography: Raised by an average family, he should have turned out to be a completely normal child. However he was born with a unique mental illness that no amount of therapy could help, and had to be sent away. However, during an extremely bad power outage he managed to escape the asylum into the city and began a life as a scavenger. One day after spending the little money he saved after several years of eating trash on a scam magic show, David twisted so much that he had the demented dream of creating a world where all entertainment comes at a price. How he will achieve this dream is as of yet unknown, even to himself.
Powers:
Alignment:
Inventory:
Sharp piece of metal
Rotten food
Equipment:
Feats:

Attacks:
Metal: 1d4+2

Due to initiative, you can attack first.

Alter-Ego:
Biography: young, likes adventure, level headed and annoying. can be brave. prefers swords over brains.
Powers:
Charisma:
Inventory:
None
Equipment:
Feats:
Health: 9
Attacks:
Punch: 1d3+5

You wake up in your penthouse apartment, gotten by doing various mercenary missions. From here, you can view the entire city, able to see every single fight going on.

Currently, you can see a fight between Exxon, the oil manipulator, and Zelus, the Templar Mercenary.

Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

Biography: Storm was born to a rich family that earned everything they have by breaking the law and not being caught. Because of this she was trained all of her childhood to take up the family job and no one in the family will stand for someone who will just set back and tell others what to do. However Storm knows that what her family does is wrong. This has lead her to thinking of how to rebel ever since she was a teen. She is now 21 and no one in the family, except her dad, knows that she plans to break away from the family. It's okay that her dad knows cause Storm has always been her dad's favorite and he is now regretting what the family does. Unfortunately he doesn't see a way out for himself and isn't willing to risk trying to get any of Storm's sibs out before they are full grown. Storm is the oldest of eight kids.
Dexterity: 15 (increases dodge chances and finesse such as lockpicking and stealth.)
Inventory:
None
Equipment:
Feats:
(leave blank...for now.)
Attacks:

While they get you ready for the day, the butler gives you a message from your father.

"He told me to tell you to get ready to inherit the family. While I am unable to know why that is, he and the rest of the family have already went to rob their target."

anewbeginning
anewbeginning
379 posts
Nomad

Alter-Ego:
Powers:
Alignment:
Inventory:
Sharp piece of metal
Rotten food
Equipment:
Feats:

Attacks:

I attack with the piece of metal.

StormDragon
StormDragon
4,584 posts
Peasant

Inventory:
None
Equipment:
Feats:
(leave blank...for now.)
Attacks:

"Inherit the family!" I say surprised and trying to not panic. "Dad's crazy. He knows just as well as you servants that I don't agree with anything the family does." I say as I start to pace cause it helps me think. After about a few minutes of pacing I stop and shake my head. "If he comes back from this robbery then I would like to talk to him." I say to the butler.

Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

Alter-Ego:
Powers:
Alignment:
Inventory:
Sharp piece of metal
Rotten food
Equipment:
Feats:

Attacks:

You deal 6 damage, damaging his tight suit. He lunges at you in retaliation, dealing 4 damage.

You notice his armor, when punctured, started to release air from the spot.

Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

Inventory:
None
Equipment:
Feats:
(leave blank...for now.)
Attacks:

The butler wipes his glasses, but then produces a gun from his pocket.

"Too bad you won't be able to fulfill your father's request. Your younger brother, Leon, has made a great offer for when he has seized control of the family, and I have told him your father's plans. Everyone in the family is ready to kill each other and finally take control. It is too bad that the only good person in this family will have to be taken out as collateral damage, but that's merely how the pendulum swings, isn't it?"

He loads a bullet.

"Besides, money is the most important, and I'm considerably richer if I go with the most potential winner."

anewbeginning
anewbeginning
379 posts
Nomad

Alter-Ego:
Powers:
Alignment:
Inventory:
Sharp piece of metal
Rotten food
Equipment:
Feats:

Attacks:

I hit him again with the metal. (Can I just contiously hit him with the piece of metal until either he's dead, I'm dead, or he does something besides just hit me back?)

Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

Alter-Ego:
Powers:
Alignment:
Inventory:
Sharp piece of metal
Rotten food
Equipment:
Feats:

Attacks:

shh hes about to do something.

Combat at the start will be boring, especially with the lack of stuff to dynamically fight with in this wasteland. It would be nice if you were more descriptive with what you do, because currently I only have what you do to go off of.

As you strike him again, his tight suit pops, releasing the air. You notice him convulsing and screaming as the air around him touches his skin, causing it to rupture in a bloody mess. The comlink he has goes crazy.

"John? Speak to me? JOHN!"

You hear sinister laughter seep through the air, as John slowly disintegrates. The canister on his back starts to shake.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

Alter-Ego:
Powers:
Charisma:
Inventory:
None
Equipment:
Feats:
Attacks:

i watch to see if i can find out what the motives are for their fighting.

Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

Alter-Ego:
Powers:
Charisma:
Inventory:
None
Equipment:
Feats:
Attacks:

You can see that Zelus was hired to attempt an assassination on Exxon by his employer. As you watch, you recieve a call.

"Hello. You must be Spike. I have a job for you, paying half a million dollars. You must sabotage the New York nuclear reactor they pretend they don't have. Access to the plant is underground through the sewers. If you are interested, call back."

anewbeginning
anewbeginning
379 posts
Nomad

Alter-Ego:
Powers:
Alignment:
Inventory:
Sharp piece of metal
Rotten food
Equipment:
Feats:

Attacks:

I speak into the comlink that John is momentarily unavaible, please come back in a few minutes. I then take John's dagger and continue my scavenging.

Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

Alter-Ego:
Powers:
Alignment:
Inventory:
Sharp piece of metal
Rotten food
Equipment:
Feats:

Attacks:
Combat dagger:1d4+2

"You ****er! We will come and rip you apart!"

After the message, the canister John had exploded.

"HOW GREAT IT IS TO BE ON THE MORTAL PLANE AGAIN!"

"YOU WHO HAS FREED ME, WHAT IS YOUR NAME?"

Showing 16-30 of 65