ForumsWEPROut of body experiences.

40 17248
thecode11
thecode11
239 posts
Nomad

I recently got a dream interpretation book and so i looked through and found this title i looked through that and wanted to know have you felt that before if you don't know what this is search it up on google or something.

Me personally i almost did i felt my "conciousness" rising and out of panic i was never going to return panicked and lost the feeling oh and by the way it was in the middle of school lol.

(I just made this thread for opinions on this matter and your own experiences of this)

• 40 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I recently got a dream interpretation book

I'm about to spoil everything so if you want to learn how to interpret dreams yourself don't read this next part:

Make the dream has vague as you can is the most important step. Once you do that you have essentially interpreted the dream.

-----

I'm not too big on Out of Body Experiences, given that there is quite simple answers for why such events seem to happen.

Though if we are talking about weird sleeping events, I one time was laying my head on my pillow and the moment my head touched the pillow I was waking up the next day, almost as if I was doing a sit up.
This was particularly weird because it normally takes me quite a while to fall asleep, and I wasn't any tired that day than I normally am. But, this is a story for a different sort of thread, just something I find curious, but nothing that I would relate to anything spooky.
thecode11
thecode11
239 posts
Nomad

Make the dream has vague as you can is the most important step.

Well to combat vagueness this book is really general on dreams and such.
ellock
ellock
385 posts
Blacksmith

I have many issues on fully believing people that claim they have "out of body experiences". For one thing, almost all can be explained with a few natural phenomena. One is Sleep paralysis; a phenomena that occurs when the brain essentially wakes up and the body is yet to do so. This results in people sometimes unable to open their eyes and feeling like they are floating or flying. After a few minutes it wears off and you can move again.
I also do not believe in ghosts or such, so that department is not valid in my eyes.
Just my two cents,
Cole

IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

Out of body experiences are something that intrigues and interests me which I constantly find conflicting between true and false. I believe that they are something that only rarely happens when someone approaches death, obviously they sound like complete bull to you and me, but as I researched into them I learned about stories of people having them. One story that struck me was about a woman in hospital on her deathbed essentially and she claimed she had had an OBE and kept telling the staff about a red shoe on the roof, they thought she was going mad and blamed her medicine but later in the afternoon staff went up to the roof to find an actual red shoe and that woman never went to the roof. My mind remains undecided on wether I believe all these stories.

thecode11
thecode11
239 posts
Nomad

Interesting iceclaw

Well anyway i going to attempt a thing on this someday I just have to follow the instructions to see if it works the closest i got was being more relaxed than ever before but i'm not giving up yet.

IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

Well anyway i going to attempt a thing on this someday I just have to follow the instructions to see if it works the closest i got was being more relaxed than ever before but i'm not giving up yet.

I myself have too tried with no luck, I believe it is extremely rare for an OBE to occur in purpose as your mind has to be put in such an extreme situation such as an approaching death. I'm not genius I am merely debating possibilities.
thecode11
thecode11
239 posts
Nomad

My book said it can happen by relaxation to be general but it still is pretty hard.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I myself have too tried with no luck, I believe it is extremely rare for an OBE to occur in purpose as your mind has to be put in such an extreme situation such as an approaching death. I'm not genius I am merely debating possibilities.

I tried it during my mystic period (11-14 yo).
I read so many books about magnetism, hypnosis, levitation, telepathy, spirits, etc.
The closest I've ever been to do it was by doing deep relaxation which give you the impression of floating somehow.
If you're into that stuff you might want to read a series of book wrote by Lobsang Rampa but take it with a grain of salt.
thecode11
thecode11
239 posts
Nomad

SSTG cool deep relaxation sounds real nice.

Also I think I should have added lucid dreaming in the title and description oh well.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

SSTG cool deep relaxation sounds real nice.

Here's one of my favorite music to achieve that.
Deuter - Caravan
Also Echo of the East is good, in fact, the entire album is great for relaxing.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Out of body experiences are nothing but dreams in which your mind has trouble determining whether they're real or not.

thecode11
thecode11
239 posts
Nomad

Out of body experiences are nothing but dreams in which your mind has trouble determining whether they're real or not.

Maybe but you don't know until you experienced it which i have in a way. (refer to pg.1)
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

I've had friends who told me they had experimented in this field, way back when. What they told me was their experiences were Really Really scary. And so they gave up on it.

Me, I had a dream once as a young man, sleeping in a room with some friends. I was hovering in that very same room, observing them and myself.

As I became aware of this, I felt the need to end the dream and get back into my body. But couldn't. It was indeed very scary, and felt like a real and frightening struggle. Until finally I did wake up, quite unsettled.

I still think that was just a dream, if quite lucid, and I don't necessarily believe in such things. The point I want to stress here is not the dream or whatever -- but the being scared ****less part.

Why bother, and why try unguided, and what would it teach you. Would it help you be a better person, or to gain a deeper understanding? Life and the world as we know it quite enough to keep you busy, what say.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

For the best experience, burn some incense, listen to Kitaro or Deuter's music or whatever music makes you feel relax and enjoy!

I miss that time when I had long discussions with my aunt after listening to talk radio about paranormal stuff and trading books on the subject.
That was so much fun!

valboss84
valboss84
1,529 posts
Farmer

Interesting. I've always been attracted by any paranormal experiences like this one, and I've lived some, especially sometimes just before going asleep.
Another thing that is really impressive is the lucid dream.

Showing 1-15 of 40