ForumsForum GamesGround Zero II KICKSTARTER Thread #2

67 6591
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,697 posts
Scribe

15TH ANNUAL GROUND ZERO

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone. You might or might not know me but I'm a pretty old user here on AG and a while back I used to make RPG'S. I ended up having a really successful one which was called Ground Zero. It was a tournament/survival type RPG. I started with around 10 players and it eventually dwindled to about 6 at around page 50. I never actually got to end it since during that time I had a lot going on in my life such as school, family, sports, relationships, etc. But now I'm back maybe not as active but I'm still back and I want to start this kickstarter thread once more to see everyone's ideas.

I already have a pretty strong story set and character sheet. Just wondering what people might want to add or whatever. I won't be releasing the RPG for some time now so.

Here are some links:
-First Kickstarter Thread
-Ground Zero I

So far here's the character sheet in it's rough version, still might add just a few more things or even remove. So this isn't final. Btw there is an application sheet at the beginning just like GZI so I know what your character is like.

CHARACTER
Name:
---
STATS
HP: 100/100
Armor: 100/100
-
---
CHIPS
Passive Chip I:
Passive Chip II:
Prime Chip:
---
WEAPONS
Right Hand:
Left Hand:
Back:
Belt:
---
ITEMS
Backpack [0/10]:
Chip Pack - Passive [0/3]:
Chip Pack - Prime [0/3]:
---

The story takes place in 2026 2 years after GZI which was the 14th annual Ground Zero. Now since I didn't finish the first one completely in my story it will contain the ending but that won't be known by anyone until I post it up. It is still a tournament/survival type rpg but with more adventure and action.

I suggest looking at the links as they will provide way more info on this whole thing. Especially on the chips and such. Hopefully some of the older people who were in GZI come here.. *cough* pang, Robot, Matt *cough*

This is all I'll write for now since I'm pretty tired. If I get no responses I'll bump in the afternoon.

• 67 Replies
MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,865 posts
Bard

Finally. I'm in! And I actually totally approve of a character sheet for once. Hey! How come pang and Robot are ahead of me??

I'm gonna play as Matt but with an outfit tailored to the sheet.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,991 posts
Scribe

I'M IN SWEET BABY JESUS YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I'll either be pang tzu again, if he is alive, or pang ts-vie if unable to be original pang.

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,865 posts
Bard

CHARACTER
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p176/blizzy1/Matt%20and%20Amie/image_zps566199ee.jpg
Name: Matthias "Matt" Angel
Kills: 0
---
STATS
HP: 100/100
Armor: 100/100
-
---
CHIPS
Passive Chip I:
Passive Chip II:
Prime Chip:
---
WEAPONS
Right Hand:
Left Hand:
Back:
Belt:
---
ITEMS
Backpack [0/10]:
Chip Pack - Passive [0/3]:
Chip Pack - Prime [0/3]:
---

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,865 posts
Bard

Kenji (from GZ I)...hmm. Died in a blaze of glory. Matt is here to continue his legacy, more or less.

I hope you have an actual story and map and stuff. I don't like it when RPGs are "made up as you go along."

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,697 posts
Scribe

That's why I'm doing the kickstarter.. I'm still building the story and all that jazz. Tomorrow I'll try and get more into this since today was a pretty busy day.

Love that you guys are gonna join though IDEAS IDEAS!

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,865 posts
Bard

Ok, how bout this?

*Previous Contender: (If yes, which one, if no then just write no)
(Currently there are none since this is the first tournament, but there will be more. Just put no or your application could become null...)
MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,865 posts
Bard

I believe both pang and I wanted Laser Sharks and we never got Laser Sharks. pang, do you remember wanting Laser Sharks?

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,697 posts
Scribe

Yeah that's going to be added in.

Actually hint hint kenji never died... neither did any of the remaining players they survived... hehe

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,865 posts
Bard

This is the sheet I suggested in the original GZ2 Kickstarter

Name:
---
Active Chip I:
Active Chip II:
Prime Chip:
---
Weapons:
Armor:
Gear [0/10]:
Chip Pack - Active [1/5]:
Chip Pack - Prime [0/5]:
---
Kills: 0
Previous Contender: Y/N

I think yours is better, actually, but add the "Previous Contender" thing. Or this could be an "Infinity Blade" where our GZI characters died and we are their lineage, here to take up their place and finish the story.

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,865 posts
Bard

You changed "Active Chip" to "Passive Chip." Because it doesn't actually deal Damage? Whatever, works for me. Here's the list of chips I suggested. You probably already have it, but it's for everyone else.

Passive Chip List:

Strength (x2: Player can bend metal objects and doors)
Speed (x2: Player can glide across the ground at high speed)
Accuracy (x2: Player's weapons will hit enemies by curving around obstacles)
Stamina (x2: Player does not experience fatigue or exhaustion)
Instinct (x2: Player can see traps and enemy spawn points)
Agility (x2: Player can climb vertical obstacles and jump twice as far)
Reflexes (x2: Player can slow time briefly to avoid attack)

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,697 posts
Scribe

I thought passive because really they do apply passive effects on you unless you have 2 of the same chip really... so I hought it'd be better.

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,865 posts
Bard

Trying to think of some new chips...

How about a Prime chip with the ability to transfer a trap or poison (or anything that negatively affects you) to an enemy or opponent? For example, if you were poisoned by an enemy with a poisoned blade, you could activate a 'MIRROR' Prime chip that applied the poison to your enemy and would continue to reflect....wait...

PRIME CHIPS. It takes an entire turn to insert one or remove one in combat. Otherwise, you can remove or insert a Prime chip at any time without wasting a move.

"MIRROR" Prime chip reverts elemental attacks to the enemy or opponent that delivered them in the same form. Does not block against traps or hazards (because then you'd be immune to all elemental attacks).

"WARP" Prime chip instantly transfers you to another location within your vision. You are temporarily vulnerable when you warp.

"TALONS" Prime chip replaces you hands with three-blade Wolverine-style claws (except they are much bigger). Excellent close-range combat and can destroy some forms of environment. Cannot use a weapon while they are equipped.

"REDBULL" Prime chip gives you wings (ba dum, tishh). Can be used to fly up to 15 feet above the ground and as a mild shield. Cannot be used to "glide" above the ground. You must move forwards in a single direction. Extremely vulnerable when airborne (obviously) but you can pass over a lot of rough or trapped terrain without incident.

"WAR-FIST" Prime chip deals double damage for all melee attacks and adds a "one-turn bleeding" effect or something (basically poison).

"PACI-FIST" Prime chip (see what I did there?) doubles all physical defense and causes elemental damage to last half as long as it normally would.
---
Special Weapon Prime chips! The Prime chip weapons can all be damaged and destroyed by enemies. You can get your weapon back by removing and re-inserting the Prime chip, but it takes an entire turn to do so (both in and out of combat)

"SCARF" Prime chip equips a special weapon: The Scarf. It's a basic 5-foot-long scarf, but it can be hardened and molded to make a staff, spear, basic sword, whip, etc. but if it takes enough of a beating in combat it will disintegrate (it can be used again by removing and replacing the chip, which will be difficult to do in a fight). Can't be used to replace a key or specific item.

"KONNEN" Prime chip equips a special weapon: a shoulder-mounted tank cannon. It fires one high-velocity deep-impact round that does small area damage. It has high range but no auto-targeting (so an opponent with Reflexes could dodge the shell with enough warning). It takes two turns to self-reload and causes you to walk at half speed (can be canceled with a Speed passive chip)

"CHAIN-TRAP" Prime chip equips a special weapon: a chain that does something, I don't know what yet but people think chains are cool.

"SCATTERBOW" Prime chip equips a special weapon: a compound bow that fires three target-seeking arrows at once. One-turn reload. Cannot me used as a melee weapon.

"DISCUS" Prime chips equips a special weapon: basically the disc in TRON. Used as a razor-edged throwing discus. Bounces off any surface and returns to the thrower's hand. Very heavy. Can be given smooth edges (for slicing), serrated edges (for "digging in&quot or four shuriken points (for long-range stabbing). Can be stored on your back, allowing you to keep the Prime chip active but not in your way.

Any others?

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,697 posts
Scribe

Omg matt that's friggin awesome. I'll add them onto my list

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,865 posts
Bard

The "Konnen" is based on the Harkonnen from "Hellsing." Looks like this. Break-open, no magazine, armor-piercing rounds.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/jan_sobieskiii/mitologia/arsenal/Harkonnen.jpg
Eliminate the bipod, carry holster and manual trigger, add a bracket shoulder mount and you're done.

The Scarf comes from Nhazul, an animated stickfigure. There is an animation of him fighting another character in a garage using the scarf but I can't locate it. I'll let you know if I do.

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,865 posts
Bard

How about a chip that uses shadows to your advantage? Can ONLY create melee and throwing weapons, completely black, NO elemental buffs. All of them can be destroyed by 1 Damage, but can be instantly replenished from another shadow. So you touch the ground in a shadow of a tree and pull a black spear out of it. Throw it at an enemy. Does damage. Enemy breaks spear with one hand (all weapons are extremely fragile) and it vanishes. Grab a shadow from another tree.

Shields can be made but withstand one normal hit and do not block Prime chip attacks (the Konnen or the Talons would destroy a shadow shield immediately and cause damage). Plus, the lack of shadows in an area would give you away. You can, however, re-use your own shadow. Simply move to create a new one.

It can also be used to create tools (simple keys, ropes, hammers, etc). You just need a creative person. And that person is me. I give you:

The "SHADE-BLADE" Prime chip.

Showing 1-15 of 67