ForumsForum GamesThe first Man in Rome (RPG, open world)

103 19992
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

(Just to amke it clear - the meaning of the title is "The citizen number 1 in Rome" in a matter of rank, not as the first one in the city ever).

You are a citizen of Rome. Year - 150 bc. Your goal - whatever you want. Aim for the stars.

A little background -

Rome. Rome control almost the entire Peninsula. To the north, the many gauls tribes. To the east, on Italy, Rome share the land with the samnites and the Marsic tribes, all client kingdomes of Rome. In the south there is the african province, the occupied state of Carthage.
To the west, almost the entire Iberian Peninsula is under Roma control.
Rome control greece as well, and the entire western Coastline, all up to Venice.
Rome also control Asia - or as we call it today, the western coast of Turkey.
And for last, the islands of Corsica and Sardinia, which are under control as well.

Rome the city -
Rome is built like some kind of a circle.
In the center lay the Forum. This is the center if the city. To its west lay the "uoper" markets, like book shops and so. To the south lay the "medium" markets, like the leather market and the fish market. To the east there is the suburba - the poor district of the city. Some decent peoples live there, eveb from the higher classes, but the atmosphear is rough and gangs rule som eparts of it. Its not advised to travel there by night. To the far west lay the port, on both sides of the Tiber. Between the port and the market the jewish and syrian district stand. To the north stand the Capitol - wher the rich live. The most expensive part.

Rome is a republic. All (wealthy male who have a citizenship of the city) can nominate themselves to become a senator. There you can get many jobs, from being the one who take care of the city treasurey or the one who handle the sewers, uo to become the city Consul (one of two, as there are 2 consul at any time).
You have to possed 5000 dinariis, half in assests, to get to the rank of being able to nominate yourself.. Guaranties by others can be count as well.
Oh, and bribes are totaly legit.

There is also the class of the "Legaties" - a man owning a public horse. Something like a knight, but belong to the City and do mostly clerc jobs, but can be promoted.

And af cours, the army. You have to get your own equipment, and off you go to capua wher you can train and becone a legioneer.

There are many other things you can become. From an assassin, to a runner of a street gang, to a merchant, and maybe even travel aboard.

Name - (If you dont have a 'real' roman name you want to use, add "ilius" or "mos" to your name. Example - "Barackimos obamilius&quot
Bio - are you a Latin? Or an Italian? Maybe even jewish, a ex-slave from almost anywher or a travler. Feel free.
Abilities - (choose 3 things you are good at, subjects you studied or traits. Examples - 'surgeon', 'cook', 'lawyer', 'strong', 'healthy' and so on).
Social class - (plebh/Patriach [patriach - The former royalty, the original citizens of Rome, Plebhs - well, the rest)
Social rank - (choose from the following - 5, 4, or 3.)
[5 - "commoners" - the lowest of lowest of society, ex-slaves, refugies and non-citizens. Work on random jobs and more or less live on the free bread the city provide. Live on the poor areas of rome.
4 - owner of some properties, like a workshop or a small shop. Can also be from the low clercs, or small priests.
3 - from the less wealty "royalty", or a son of a merchant. You do have education and maybe even some financial help, but not much. You can vote and nominate yourself to the Senate].
Items - Dagger, An apple, plain white toga, Writing feather and sone papers. [i](Your speical items belonged to you. Things you carry.)

Assest - small appartment in the suburba (4th floor, heat, no running water) (The more massive things you own. A boat, for example)
Money - 1500 / (social rank) Denarii.

Feeo free to PM me any question you have!

• 103 Replies
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Brhundlemios - You arrive at the joint point of the upper Market and the medium market. Almost anything a man may want, is here to be sold. From slaves to Books, from gems to jams. There is also the lower market, wher what mostly sold is everyday materials and low priced food and so. You see a kid being chased by a vendor. You also see a man dressing in strange cloths preech about something. There is a slave trader who now stand on a stage and show his 'trade'.

Mark - You get to the forum. There is a meeting inside now. You find a good spot to watch the debate. Gaius Marius is talking about his ideas for the new military reforms. He wish to let anyone join the army, and give them state owned equipment. For free. He also call for Rome to support some prince from Africa. You didnt understood his name or wher he is from. He say that this prince is the true heir of this country. After him Metalus cipio rise, and talk about how bad these reforms are and show his objection to the idea.
Its fetting dark when they all finished and the assembly break.

Magnus - Pitus tell you "I heared two mans talk about wher they are going to store it! Appearently, the carts which were supposed to take the snails to a farm were broken, so they were delayed in 3 days. Until then these fat snails will stay in the north part of the harbour, in The 3rd dock".
This part of the docks are 'owned' by the "Frumentum Negotiatores" - or "Frumentii" - a rival gang.

Voyage2
Voyage2
650 posts
Nomad

Name - Brhundleimos Capioilius
Bio - Brhundleimos is the only boy in Capioilius family. Their family are poor and cannot afford Brhundleimos to go schooling. It means that he didn't able to finish schooling. His father was a merchant. When he grow up he wanted also to become a merchant. So it start. He grow up and became a merchant.
Abilities -
Vending - Sells item.
Hammer Mastery - If he have an Hammer Type weapon it increases damage.
Social class - Plebh
Social rank - 3
Items - Dagger, An apple, plain white toga, Writing feather and some papers.
Assest - small appartment in the suburba (4th floor, heat, no running water)
Money - 350 Denarii.

As I go in the Merchant that sells book. Now I asked him if he have a Papers that selling.

amorboy
amorboy
1,255 posts
Shepherd

Name - Mark Orvelius
Bio - A true roman , his father a legionair of the republic killed in action against some rioters in mecadon , now he is deprate to make money and continiue his legacy and at the end when he is old enough to rest in peace , work in some good farm that the republic offers him
Abilities - close combat (sword,fists,shield ...) , strong body (he worked alot when he was in his youths now thanks to that he has a good body shape and is a strong lad) loyal ( friend or master it doesnt matter if he sees someone worthy he dies for him)
Social class - Patriach
Social rank - 4
Items - Dagger, An apple, plain white toga, Writing feather and sone papers.
Money - 375 Denarii.
Dignitas - 11

ill try to follow Gaius Marius and talk to him about how i can help to win this deabte and ill say that im ready to do anything !

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Name - Magnus Rufus
Bio -.Born into a large family that has lived in Rome for many generations. The family name is well known in the docks for getting just what you're looking for. Most family members work in the ''family business'', while others are guards working on the docks. Some areas of the wharf are considered under our 'rotection', we mind our own, and others know not to come looking for trouble. Magnus found a liking to dagger work and soon became an assassin for the family.
Abilities - Stealth, Thief, Bladework (fighting with a blade)
Social class - Pleb
Social rank - 4
Items - .Daggers, spatha, leather cloak, buckets of fish x4, mysterious ring, plain white toga, legionnaire boots, scale armor, writing feather and some papers.
Assets - small apartment in the harbor (5th floor, heat, no running water)
Money - 479 Denarii

'Pitus keep up the good work. Come on lets head down to the docks.' I begin to walk toward the third dock area, I cover my head in my cloak along with my armor, keeping it hidden. I keep to the side streets, always looking around, watching for trouble.

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Voyage - You can understand in to time that he just try to sell you his books and papers, not giving any real tips. He offer you to buy so Papirus in 40 Denarii for a kilo, Scrolls in 25 Denarii a kilo and wood tablets in 20 denarii a kilo.

Amorboy - as you walk to gaius you see that he his folliwed by houndreds of peoples who try to do the same as you. You show your suppirt, even able to shout him a support sentence, he smile at you and then keep walking toward his house at the capitolinus hill. You walk back to your home, to see two shady guys trying to look into your appartment through the winsow, one on a ladder and the other on the buttom.

Jack - You see that the warehouse is better built building than the rest of the warehouses in the area. Its start to get dark and you see that in the forner of the street a small group of peoples begin to gather and make noise. A single guard sit near the warehouse door, drinking. There is one window near the roof.
4 mens begin to apoarch you. 2 have wooden clubs with them. Pitus start to get nervouse.

amorboy
amorboy
1,255 posts
Shepherd

Name - Mark Orvelius
Bio - A true roman , his father a legionair of the republic killed in action against some rioters in mecadon , now he is deprate to make money and continiue his legacy and at the end when he is old enough to rest in peace , work in some good farm that the republic offers him
Abilities - close combat (sword,fists,shield ...) , strong body (he worked alot when he was in his youths now thanks to that he has a good body shape and is a strong lad) loyal ( friend or master it doesnt matter if he sees someone worthy he dies for him)
Social class - Patriach
Social rank - 4
Items - Dagger, An apple, plain white toga, Writing feather and sone papers.
Money - 375 Denarii.
Dignitas - 11

I will watch them for a while if they attempt to break in ill go and beat them with my fists and try to stop them (thanks to my Close combat ability) if they didnt brake in ill just stay there and watch them and try not to be seen .

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

The guy on the ladder have a axe. The second one have a rope on his shoulder and a dagger in his pocket (You have a dagger as well). The guy with the axe try to open the window.

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Name - Magnus Rufus
Bio -.Born into a large family that has lived in Rome for many generations. The family name is well known in the docks for getting just what you're looking for. Most family members work in the ''family business'', while others are guards working on the docks. Some areas of the wharf are considered under our 'rotection', we mind our own, and others know not to come looking for trouble. Magnus found a liking to dagger work and soon became an assassin for the family.
Social class - Pleb
Social rank - 4
Items - .Daggers, spatha, leather cloak, buckets of fish x4, mysterious ring, plain white toga, legionnaire boots, scale armor, writing feather and some papers.
Money - 479 Denarii

I walk into a nearby alleyway dragging Pitus with me, once I'm in the ally I look for a place to hid, a dark place.

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Magnus - You find yourself in a place you have no memory off. Its way far from the area you grew up in. You hear the fishers (the rivsl gang mans) shout and run toward the halley. There is a shop on your left, and a ledder who lead to a single store house on the right. Far infront there are two Insulas, very tall and with wired windows. Infront there is a fountain and two turns - left and right.
What do you do?

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Name - Magnus Rufus
Social class - Pleb
Social rank - 4
Money - 479 Denarii

I send Pitus up the ladder while I follow.

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

You get half the way up when the ladder crack down. Pitus grabbing your hand but unable to pull you up. Do you try to pull yourself up, or you just let yourself fall down?

Voyage2
Voyage2
650 posts
Nomad

Name - Brhundleimos Capioilius
Bio - Brhundleimos is the only boy in Capioilius family. Their family are poor and cannot afford Brhundleimos to go schooling. It means that he didn't able to finish schooling. His father was a merchant. When he grow up he wanted also to become a merchant. So it start. He grow up and became a merchant.
Abilities -
Vending - Sells item.
Hammer Mastery - If he have an Hammer Type weapon it increases damage.
Social class - Plebh
Social rank - 3
Items - Dagger, An apple, plain white toga, Writing feather and some papers.
Money - 350 Denarii.

"I'll buy the Papers for 40." I give the 40 Denarii to the seller.

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Voyage - You get these (change your money stats and add the Papirus).. Outside you see a small class of young mans infront of a teacher. He teach them greek. You see two foreign mans showing some exotic wares, the two look very desperte. You also see a senator argue with a merchant

JACKinbigletters
JACKinbigletters
9,363 posts
Treasurer

Name - Magnus Rufus
Social class - Pleb
Social rank - 4
Money - 479 Denarii

I fall to the ground and burst into the shop.

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Magnus - You can see stright up that the shop keeper wont help you very much. He begin to yell and wave a stick at you. Pitus yell when the gang enter the halley. they begin to head into the shop, something like 10 meters away {10 steps away}.
the room is squer. on the far side to the right there is a wooden door. on the near left side there is a wooden door with bronze decoration on it. Right infront of you there is a window, from which you can see some trees and bushes.
what shall you do?

Showing 76-90 of 103