ForumsThe TavernChildhood Memories

26 6134
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Pretty straight forward, but what was your fondest or most prominent childhood memory?

For me....one of the fondest it would be playing on my Gameplay Colour for the first time.....Watching TwitchPlaysPokemon brings back the joy of hammering away for the first time, and catching my first Pokemon (Rattata), after trying to find a Pokeball for 3 days, and then bragging to my twin. ^^

• 26 Replies
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Another vivid memory was when the Geodesic dome (American Pavilion - Expo 67) caught on fire sometimes in the mid 70's. We could see the smoke from the classroom window.

I also remember the Montreal 1976 Olympics and a couple years before when they carried those humongous metallic frames by flatbed trucks on Sherbrooke street. I later rode my bike and discovered the Olympic stadium and village. I was 9 yo and my dad was looking all over for me because we were supposed to go out. I got punished and sent to my room for the rest of the day. xD

When pope John Paul II passed of the same Sherbrooke street in his pope mobile. xD That was during my teen years though.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

elementary school is his childhood

his

Storm is now male.

LOL. If that's your fondest memory, I can only imagine

Oh we were supposed to post our most fond memories? Well I kinda did the opposite. I'll just post more bad things that happened.

Let's see... Oh yes... I got stabbed with a glue bottle, got a splinter from a huge piece of wood, got stabbed with a pencil, nose bled a bunch of times, got stabbed with a pen, got my pinkie crushed in the wrong side of the metal door(my whole fingernail fell off a day later), I got jumped on by kids much younger than me(you know how kids are at their young age, energetic and bloodthirsty), got yelled at by the vice principal for saying boner(my ears hurt after that), had Fs on almost all my papers(this was mostly in Elementary I don't really get Fs anymore.), got hit in the crotch, had my pinkie stuck in the back of a moving bicycle(probably the same one that got crushed), and the worst one yet... Getting addicted to ArmorGames, its just horrible.

Although there were some good memories. I'll post those l8r.
minecraftsniper
minecraftsniper
697 posts
Herald

Yes i change HIS gender :O no jk sorry didint know you were a girl ^.

Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

I remember in 5th grade My "friend" was teaching me to create a pen launcher, and part of this you had to cut part of the tip of the pen off. I turned the pen toward me then sliced my scissors down on it. The scissors bounced off and gashed my finger. I almost passed out when I told the teacher and she said to go to the office and get bandage. My teacher thought I had a paper-cut. Well we went to the doctor and they would not stitch it because it was not THAT bad, and they could not glue it because of the cut angle. So I was sent home with a huge bandage. BUT I got to leave school!
Tip. Don't cut your selves
Tip 2. Don't make pen launchers with an ADHD Impressionable child.
Tip 3. Get out of school :P (don't)

~~Black~~

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Also, you need to post a certain story. Remember the waterballons?

*groan*

Okay, so one day at high school there's was the senior weirdness. That year, it was waterballoons that were filled with (but not limited to) water, bleach, Gatorade, paint, and "bodily fluids". Changing classes meant you were liable to be ambushed by a bunch of crazy people chucking water balloons or water bottles. People would run around screaming. It was actually quite funny. I never got hit, but a few of my friends did. One of them got splatted on the head, and another got a bleach waterballoon to the leg and got a rash. There was also the apocalyptic food-fight that day. People were running around screaming because of that, too. It wasn't quite as funny because I almost got trampled. Sometime during that day, someone also got bitten by a snake because they stupidly blundered off into the tiny forested area between one part of the school and the other part when there's a nice paved path. Then we were trapped in our 7th period for the rest of the day because the principal was "very disappointed in our behavior." It made headlines somewhere.

Happy Clancy?
Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

got stabbed with a pencil

I've been stabbed by a pencil deep enough that the end broke off under the skin and I couldn't get it out before the skin grew over. A couple months later I had three pencils thrown at me with the pointy end ending up within 2cm of my eye. Tip: don't let someone demonstrate their knife-throwing skills on you with pencils. Just before the end of that period the principal announced that there was a tornado in the area (that happens about once per decade), so he let us out 10 minutes early. The rain was coming down hard enough for there to be about 1 inch of water everywhere. This wouldn't have been to bad, but the bus decided to be an hour late. Again, not too bad, it's just water. But then grape-sized hail started and with no form of protection, it hurt.

While I'm on the topic of childhood pain, one time I was wildly running along a path when a poison thorny vine appeared at eye level. I just had time to close my eyes before it sliced across my face, ripping partway through my eyelids. If you want to feel pain, that's how you get it, but I guess the alternative was to loose both eyes.

my pinkie crushed in the wrong side of the metal door(my whole fingernail fell off a day later)

Same thing happened to my grandpa except it was a piano that fell on it :P
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,988 posts
Grand Duke

Your fondest childhood memories are of playing computer games? Tssk... [Walks off muttering something about kids these days & what is this world coming to, & all that.]

Hah, yes, my generation started the transition from kids to pansies.
Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

my pinkie crushed in the wrong side of the metal door(my whole fingernail fell off a day later)

Same thing happened to my grandpa except it was a piano that fell on it :P

Something happened like that except it was my little sister @fluffy8802 and she stuck her pinky in a Huge church door hinge and got the bone and her finger crushed. She had to go to the ER and what she saw while sedated was... different.

~~Black~~
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Ahhh. Childhood memories. I have 3 ones that I really like and shouldn't cause you to stretch your noggins too much.

1) The first has to do with just me. When I lived in California we had 2 trees in our backyard. Now I was probably around 8 at the time when I learned to climb one of them. Of course the first few times I climbed it other people were outside to watch. But one day I went out back alone and wanted to climb the tree. So I had done this before so I wasn't worried. I grabbed the branch, got my feet on the trunk and pulled myself up. Sadly I didn't pull myself up far enough, so I ended up stuck upside down holding onto the branch. Now I couldn't let go or get my legs safely under me so I waited for someone to notice. I would say it was a good 15-30 minutes before my dad found me.

2) My sister and I where told by our mom at one point that we could not watch Yu-Gu-Oh. I don't remember the reason but it was probably because we watched too much TV already. My sis and I loved the show though. We figured out that it was on when our mom was out mowing the lawn so we would sneak into the bedroom where the TV was and watch it. We were such rebels.

3) Hmmmm. I just noticed that all 3 of these stories are when I lived in California. Anyway, I had this blow up Land Before Time dino. It was the bad guy from one of the movies. Now I didn't know that blow up meant to inflate, I thought it just meant to explode. So I waited a week and my blow up dino still hadn't exploded. I ended up asking my mom about it and was very depressed that it was not going to blow up the way I thought it would.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

One of my fondest childhood memories was riding my bike around the neighborhood. We weren't allowed to ride in the street when we first started learning how to ride, of course. But after I got comfortable with riding my bike without wobbling or falling, I remember that I started racing up and down the street when no one else was home. I eventually got the courage to circle the whole block, which was like breaking the holy law set forth by my mother. I was really afraid, because I was 6 years old and had never been inside the neighborhood without a family member. But I still went around the entire block, which seemed like miles to my child self. But I did it, all by myself. I remember finally getting back home and getting in a ton of trouble, but it is still one of my fondest memories.

kylefitch1
kylefitch1
100 posts
Jester

I'm not a grown-up yet... not even a teenager... but I feel like I've lost my childhood.

I used to be totally innocent and happy and never had cares at all... but then I found out I had low muscle tone and a bunch of mental stuff and my castle collapsed around me.

Now I know what old people mean when they talk about 'the good old days.'

Showing 16-26 of 26