Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

New Rating System

Posted Mar 7, '14 at 3:48pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

3,851 posts

I noticed a new rating system in ShellShock Live 2. Here's a screenshot:

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee400/Patrick2011b/Images%20for%20Armor%20Games/NewRatingSystem_zpsc2a243d1.png

It looks like the x/10 rating system no longer applies, but there is only a up or down vote with a big number in the middle currently corresponding to the average rating in the previous system.

Posted Mar 7, '14 at 4:09pm

Karasaar

Karasaar

164 posts

This is utter trash, please put back the old rating system.

There is more to a game than "I like it" and "I don't like it", there are varying nuances of "liking" and I want to be able to express these.

Posted Mar 7, '14 at 4:15pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

8,587 posts

What's the number in the middle for?

I want to be able to express these.

You did notice the commenting system, right? You can even get merits for a good review.

Posted Mar 7, '14 at 4:17pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

8,587 posts

good review.

By good I mean the review was well-thought-out.

Posted Mar 7, '14 at 5:26pm

Ferret

Ferret

6,472 posts

Administrator

Yes, there is a new rating system for Feature Friday.  It's the same one we'd used for a while here on MMO's.  We find it simpler to use and cleaner. We know change sometimes can be difficult, and the old rating system has been with us for a very long time.  But give it a chance, it will grow on you. :)

We're also talking about moving the social sharing & favorite games to that area to make them more visible and easy to use.

Posted Mar 7, '14 at 5:55pm

UnleashedUponMankind

UnleashedUponMankind

5,802 posts

What about our former ratings in the old system? Are they automaticly transfered to the new one (just to be 100% sure, ive tested a few ones i still rated and my clicks dont count).

Posted Mar 7, '14 at 6:06pm

Ferret

Ferret

6,472 posts

Administrator

All ratings that were previously made are 100% transferred over in their current state.

Posted Mar 7, '14 at 8:30pm

Spartan

Spartan

2,866 posts

Very clean and simplified; It is also nicer on the eyes!

Posted Mar 7, '14 at 9:38pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,166 posts

Knight

Doesn't seem very fair, when Thumbs Down = 1 and Thumbs up = 10?

Posted Mar 7, '14 at 10:01pm

Ferret

Ferret

6,472 posts

Administrator

That's correct. Think of it this way, if you disliked a game, statistics show that a user will rate it a "1" 99.9% of the time. When a user likes a game, he will rank it 6,7,8,9, and maybe a 10. Thus what isn't fair is old system, where the balance was always swayed to the negative vote. Now they have equal weight.

Bonus: games won't show rankings until a certain amount of ratings have been cast so early votes won't sway decisions either. :)

Reply to New Rating System

You must be logged in to post a reply!