ForumsWEPRCNN and Obama on Locking Up Black Males

62 27549
Fiends
Fiends
114 posts
Peasant

http://americanoverlook.com/cnn-and-obama-beg-stop-locking-up-black-males-impedes-chances-of-a-successful-life-2/12784

USA is ruined, the hypocrisy of these **** liberals is mind-boggling first they say "we're all equal, no one's better than the other" and now this crap?

I for one know that this is all just a huge cop-out, the president (which i still don't know why confused people vote for him) is just grabbing things and giving blacks an excuse to go out and commit crimes, but yeah, its opportunism at its worst.

What do you guys think?

• 62 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

If they are Muslim, it's also in their religious text, the Qur'an. If any should fight them, they are to die (YUSUFALI 002.190-002.193). They are only doing what they were told they should do by God if they kill, especially in self-defense. Don't punish them.

By this logic, the same blood is in Christians what with the rules telling us to kill people for working on Sunday and such, which, incidentally, also has presence in the Middle East.

But that is a topic for another thread.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

By this logic, the same blood is in Christians

Religion isn't hereditary.

*Jews under Old Testament law

Depends how a Christian interprets what "the law" means in Matthew 5:18.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Let's pick a group that is then. People with ancestry in the Middle East. "Their nations of heritage have been warring since they began, so crimes they commit aren't their fault. It's in their blood to do harm to others. Don't punish them."

I think this agrees with me..looking more into the "My Brother's Keeper" initiative, it looks like he is advocating for a more rehabilitation method than a punishment method.
My Brother's Keeper

Oddly enough, I tried to look around for more info on this overall...specifically the quotes made in Fiend's link. The only locations I could find that had such quotes (i.e. Obama stating that they shouldn't jail black males) were in websites that are overtly biased against him. On top, there were no sources within these sites. This leaves me very suspicious.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

"Black males should be given a break" is racist and unjust. It doesn't matter if they are punished or rehabilitated; it matters that they are getting special treatment for their age and race.

As I pointed out, I think each quote we have seen from that link needs to be taken with a grain of salt until we see sourcing.

Do forgive me as I have trouble trusting a page which offers no source and features articles with the headline of "Why we don't like Obama" for unbiased news in regards to him.
loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

Do you know what justice is? Merriam-Webster defines it as "the process or result of using laws to fairly judge and punish crimes and criminals." There is no requirement for rehabilitation when it comes to the law. The justice system is not responsible nor required to rehabilitate a convicted criminal. That's not how justice works, and tipping the balances to favor black males is not "fair judgement."

You seem to assume a lot from what I wrote. I never said that rehabilitation should only aim towards minorities. "fairly judge" is greatly subjective when looked at many societies. Should we go back to a time where we punish by whipping and mutilation? Galileo was "fairly judged" when he was put under house arrest. It was "fair justice" to burn Giordano Bruno. So maybe for today's society rehabilitation can be part of "fairly judge"? Rehabilitation is not a free get out of jail card, it is a window for someone to productively give back to society.
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

If this site will claim that rommny or whoever you support now is trying to sell USA to a Colombian drug dealer, whould you belive in it? Lets take a step back - if they will say that "The head of the republican party say - gays need to be executed", will you belive in it? no, you will say "he didnt said that, he said that the bible is against gay marrige". So why when there is any attack on Obama/Anti racist saying/anything that try to change the status que, you bash it like savage animals?

If you want to use jails as a warning, why not hanging them in the city squares? so the poors will be so scared to make a mistake that they will just starve to death in there holes?
the meaning on MODERN {Not your preferd medieval kind} is to seperate the criminal from his enviorment and help him become a "normal" citizen again, who can handle in the outside world.

What i belive that this is all about, is that the system is clearly not working. if so many peopels get jailed, something is not right. Punishing them wont help. What you need is education and supporting to weak communities.

Now, for 3 points that realy bother me in your answers, fiend and matt -

1) Im sure that in your world Fiend, there are 2 options - your Idea or the wrong idea. So its or you are an educated and smart republican who know whats realy ood for the world, or you are a stuiped monsterous Liberal who want to destroy USA for the glory of satan. thanks to peopels like you civil wars happen.
Wake up, learn that there are other ideas in our big wide world, and that you should atleast listen to them all. Declearing that Obama voters are "confused" Is very smuggish and supercilious by you.

2) do you realy belive that the averge African american kid and a white kid have the same chances? Schools at poor areas tend to be less profitble. so there are less facilities and programs. so students have less options to rise up. When there are kids who wander in the streets without anything else to do, some of them will start with small scale crimes. Its happen in USA, its happen in China, Its happen in Israel. When these kdis start doing some real crimes, some of them go to jail. wher they are tagged for life as a trouble maker. from there the exit is almost sealed. so now he is a criminal. he still want to rise, but now his road take him to the wrong direction. so when he rise his kid {if at all}, the kid grow up in a area wher crime is a daily thing. wher violance by a 30 year old man who act like the 14 years old kid who never got the chance to grow up and get educated, might fall to this world in much more ease. Do yo understand me?
What i belive you need to do as a nation is to break this chain! You cant just ignore it! What do you expect, that one day all teh hispanic gangs and all teh Afro-gangs and the Irish and so on will drop there wepoens, and ell to the sky "I will be better now! im going stright to law school"? Its all about education and supporting.

3) You got to stop feel so discriminated. No one try to steal USA from you pall. chill the doge up.Why everytime the government try to support weak groups, you guys start to scream like butcherd pigs??? you cant handle taht not all the attention is around you? whenever someone say anything about racism you begin with "you are too sensetive", but when someone dare to help anyone else who is not white, you rise a warcry like a Cossack. What so hurt you to see your government try to help other peoples?

Ill explaine it in ease - a poor minority kid get a scholarship to a university. Now he have a stable household. his kids will have a good household too propebly. this way, these street wanderer kids from befor will go out of this circle and will have the tools to make a stable household without violance atmosphire.

Do you understand?

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

The only thing I could find about the initiative that gave a decent discussion of it was from the link I gave. Ironically enough, the big focus of the initiative is education, not imprisonment.

Fiends
Fiends
114 posts
Peasant

Oh, what a different tune you'd be singing if they did. Have you considered who has to shell out for people to "do the time"? You know they still have to be clothed, medicated, and fed, right?

Yeah, but at least they're not there dumbing down the economy and putting other innocent peoples lives in danger.

So, in order to maintain our equality, we have to strip other people of theirs? Why, of course! Why didn't we think of this sooner?

Yeah! How about we let these people go around raping, robbing, killing! Then we we would all be happy!!!!!!!!! Right?

Give me a break.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Yeah, but at least they're not there dumbing down the economy and putting other innocent peoples lives in danger.

I figured instead having criminals (of all ethnicities) is what drives a strong industry, considering the US has the most incarcerations per year as a nation.

Yeah! How about we let these people go around raping, robbing, killing! Then we we would all be happy!!!!!!!!! Right?

(psst, Black Americans aren't the only ethnicity guilty of these crimes).

Appealing to Emotion won't get you anywhere here.
Fiends
Fiends
114 posts
Peasant

Oddly enough, I tried to look around for more info on this overall...specifically the quotes made in Fiend's link. The only locations I could find that had such quotes (i.e. Obama stating that they shouldn't jail black males) were in websites that are overtly biased against him. On top, there were no sources within these sites. This leaves me very suspicious.

Seriously? You're gonna pull that card?

If you want to use jails as a warning, why not hanging them in the city squares? so the poors will be so scared to make a mistake that they will just starve to death in there holes?
the meaning on MODERN {Not your preferd medieval kind} is to seperate the criminal from his enviorment and help him become a "normal" citizen again, who can handle in the outside world.

Jail is more of an attempt to try and change the person committing the crime not a "warning".

1) Im sure that in your world Fiend, there are 2 options

There's only one world.

So its or you are an educated and smart republican who know whats realy ood for the world, or you are a stuiped monsterous Liberal who want to destroy USA for the glory of satan. thanks to peopels like you civil wars happen.
Wake up, learn that there are other ideas in our big wide world, and that you should atleast listen to them all. Declearing that Obama voters are "confused" Is very smuggish and supercilious by you.

I'm sorry, but i need to say this, learn how to type... at least in this thread. . .and yeah Obongo voters are confused because the only things he cares about are his voters, and the way he gives an obvious coddling to other non-white races is the main evidence.

2) do you realy belive that the averge African american kid and a white kid have the same chances? Schools at poor areas tend to be less profitble. so there are less facilities and programs. so students have less options to rise up. When there are kids who wander in the streets without anything else to do, some of them will start with small scale crimes. Its happen in USA, its happen in China, Its happen in Israel. When these kdis start doing some real crimes, some of them go to jail. wher they are tagged for life as a trouble maker. from there the exit is almost sealed. so now he is a criminal. he still want to rise, but now his road take him to the wrong direction. so when he rise his kid {if at all}, the kid grow up in a area wher crime is a daily thing. wher violance by a 30 year old man who act like the 14 years old kid who never got the chance to grow up and get educated, might fall to this world in much more ease. Do yo understand me?
What i belive you need to do as a nation is to break this chain! You cant just ignore it! What do you expect, that one day all teh hispanic gangs and all teh Afro-gangs and the Irish and so on will drop there wepoens, and ell to the sky "I will be better now! im going stright to law school"? Its all about education and supporting.

Oh my god, please can you stop with all this crap?, like i said previously liberals like you just grab things and give it other names like "its not crime its poverty" "its not a riot its rage" like please, and just because they don't have the chances they're gonna become some deadbeat in a gang?, when they're getting massive amounts of welfare?

3) You got to stop feel so discriminated. No one try to steal USA from you pall. chill the doge up.Why everytime the government try to support weak groups, you guys start to scream like butcherd pigs??? you cant handle taht not all the attention is around you? whenever someone say anything about racism you begin with "you are too sensetive", but when someone dare to help anyone else who is not white, you rise a warcry like a Cossack. What so hurt you to see your government try to help other peoples?

Nope, you're wrong, Obama is trying to steal the USA, he's trying to make it a new Afro-America with this, and he's not supporting he's downright making these people above the law, I've never said anything about "being too sensitive" i all i want is justice, and this isn't just.

Ill explaine it in ease - a poor minority kid get a scholarship to a university. Now he have a stable household. his kids will have a good household too propebly. this way, these street wanderer kids from befor will go out of this circle and will have the tools to make a stable household without violance atmosphire.

If only these people had that much of ambition to actually go out and get a scholarship
Fiends
Fiends
114 posts
Peasant

(psst, Black Americans aren't the only ethnicity guilty of these crimes).

(psst, i was referring to criminals in general)

I figured instead having criminals (of all ethnicities) is what drives a strong industry, considering the US has the most incarcerations per year as a nation.

Wow, now you're trying to justify cons as well? The denial is strong with this one.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Seriously? You're gonna pull that card?

A biased article is a serious issue. One should always strive to be as objective as possible.

Jail is more of an attempt to try and change the person committing the crime not a "warning".

That definition fits Rehabilitation, whereas Jailing is "Penal punishment given to house criminals for a suitable duration of time."

and yeah Obongo voters are confused because the only things he cares about are his voters, and the way he gives an obvious coddling to other non-white races is the main evidence.

Is a negative nickname necessary?

because the only things he cares about are his voters, and the way he gives an obvious coddling to other non-white races is the main evidence

You should pay attention to other elections, because politicians from all walks of the political spectrum are guilty of this as well.

Obama is trying to steal the USA, he's trying to make it a new Afro-America with this, and he's not supporting he's downright making these people above the law, I've never said anything about "being too sensitive" i all i want is justice, and this isn't just.

I don't agree with how Obama is trying to "relieve" Black Americans from punishments, but leaving the penal system as it is isn't going to solve things either. There is a serious racial profiling problem that is present in all "non-white races" (as you say), which completes a significant portion of jailing statistics.

If only these people had that much of ambition to actually go out and get a scholarship

Because all "non-white" Americans get scholarships, right?
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

(psst, i was referring to criminals in general)

Not once have you referred to criminals in general in your arguments, only Black Americans.

Wow, now you're trying to justify cons as well? The denial is strong with this one.

No, I was pointing out that having criminals in the penal system is strengthening that industry's economy, not "dumbing it down"
Fiends
Fiends
114 posts
Peasant

A biased article is a serious issue. One should always strive to be as objective as possible.

Uh oh Fiends found a "non biased article". Seems like the card you guys always use against me won't work this time.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/11/opinion/steinberg-black-youth-prison/

That definition fits Rehabilitation, whereas Jailing is "Penal punishment given to house criminals for a suitable duration of time."

But people are supposed to reform after doing time :////

You should pay attention to other elections, because politicians from all walks of the political spectrum are guilty of this as well.

Yeah but, they at least hide it, the favoritism here is so obvious you might as well call Obama a reboot of a new Black Panther regime, but no one cares, because of his "swag" and his color of skin.

don't agree with how Obama is trying to "relieve" Black Americans from punishments, but leaving the penal system as it is isn't going to solve things either. There is a serious racial profiling problem that is present in all "non-white races" (as you say), which completes a significant portion of jailing statistics.

Crap, crap, crap and more crap, it's the whole gibsmedat attitude of blacks like first they want welfare, then they want free childcare and then before you know it after not helping the society one bit, BAM!, above the law.
Fiends
Fiends
114 posts
Peasant

Because all "non-white" Americans get scholarships, right?

Can you stop twisting my posts and giving them you're own meaning to give yourself a sense of self-empowerment?

Not once have you referred to criminals in general in your arguments, only Black Americans.

Really? I haven't? Hmm..that's very odd.
Showing 16-30 of 62