I thought it was supposed to go today, but I am not seeing it

• 99 Replies
ajman444
ajman444
1 posts
Nomad

@ jetto666
I think you are a horrible person.
I'm sorry that people caring about quality offends you personally.
I really hope it comes out today.

tcoveney
tcoveney
2 posts
Nomad

let's keep it in perspective people - these are flash games. is it really that important?

Dragonswkap
Dragonswkap
1 posts
Nomad

@Jetto

I believe you paid the whole 5$ for the past game to get the full experience of it. The game will be ready when it's ready. I would rather have it out and fully working than with bugs. I'm a programmer and I hate to tell you this, rarely do things ever go as planned. Ever. Delays happen, and they happen to big and small companies. Get over it.

Daedalus2112
Daedalus2112
9 posts
Nomad

Jetto - it's not a company, it's a guy.

Get over it.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

@jetto666: first of all, bypassing the profanity filter isnt allowed...

second: gameinabollte isnt a big, big company with dozens of employees... its only one guy, peter... and you can be sure he is working his *** off.

blackpaladin
blackpaladin
75 posts
Shepherd

Yeah well people you can kida understand why people are upset right now.
He says the release will be on day x. Then a few days before day X he says, yeah well not gonna make it sorry guys! no one cares, everybody understands that delay. He also asks our help to greenlight the game, everybody votes because they love the series!
but then after that, there is one more post. Thx for the help, the game is greenlit. It becomes clear there is a problem, and he won't make the new deadline, but instead of saying, hey guys im not gonna make it, he says nothing.
That's the reason why people are upset, because he doesn't tell us anything.

Mob1us
Mob1us
3 posts
Blacksmith

yea the lack of communication is frustrating, takes only 1-5min to inform your fanbase trough twitter or his site instead we get nothing... guess we can only wait and hope the game gets released soon

skwerly
skwerly
6 posts
Herald

To those who have been waiting patiently: kudos!

To those who have been waiting impatiently but not screaming for a boycott: also kudos!

To the rest of you.. :P !

gameinabottle.com said the Gemcraft would be released the week of March 24-30. It was delayed for two reasons: technical entanglements and synching the release schedule with AG. As far as the developer is concerned, it wasn't 'late' again until today. There was no pressing need to give another update. Why no update today? Maybe the dev has a day job and doesn't know it's been delayed yet. It's just one guy working on this thing, y'know.

Meanwhile, AG has given 3 updates on twitter:

Mar 25: For those of you waiting on GemCraft Chasing Shadows, @gameinabottle is hard at work on it. Releasing end of this week, early next.

Mar 27: Just an update to those waiting for the new GemCraft, it will be pushed off until next week. Sorry everybody!

Mar 31: GemCraft will not be releasing today, sorry everybody.

I don't know if there are more technical entanglements (bug fixing?) or if it's a problem on AG's side with the release schedule, but we are being informed.

So yeah, calm down and play something else while you wait.

iladesta
iladesta
7 posts
Peasant

I have to agree and no Vlad your not the only one feeling like this. I am a bit irritated myself being told big news next week stuff like that and stuff like this....... "GemCraft chapter two: Chasing Shadows has just been Greenlit on Steam!
This couldnât have happened without your help!
A huge Thank You to all of you for both voting and for all the support through these 3+ years of development!
A FEW MORE DAYS until the release of the game finally on Armor Games, weâll start working on the Steam version after bugfixing and fine-tuning the game.

Thank you again, getting back to work, see you next week!"

Says a few more days til release on march 19th almost two weeks ago. No word on anything since then not a blog post or even a tweet.

Very annoying seeing as it also says see you next week and next week came with still no word, and in an earlier post on March 12th saying it would be released between 25th and 30th. I mean it doesn't take that long to type out a post and not keeping us informed is kinda B.S. when we were asked to help greenlight the game on steam which we all faithfully did and it made the greenlight. A little info on whats going on with the release isn't too much to ask for especially when we get told in two different blog posts that the game will be released in a few days. Don't take this as me being ungrateful for the game cause that's not what this is I am simply stating my frustration I bought GCL Premium to help fund chasing shadows along with everyone else I don't think asking for info about a release that was already stated with a date between 25th and 30th and no its the 31st still no news is too much to ask for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mykiralspirelli
mykiralspirelli
1 posts
Nomad

I must admit I'm a loyal gemcraft fan and hoped it would have been out by now and hoped Peter would have been a bit more forthright about it, but he is human after all.

iladesta
iladesta
7 posts
Peasant

I take back some of my last post skywerly I was unaware of that info

grndzer0
grndzer0
1 posts
Jester

player_m => We want flash games to go the way of EA now? Inferior product out first to stay it's done and clean it up later is an extremely bad way to do business, any business, gaming or not. I'm waiting as anxiously as the rest of you. But If I play it as soon as as it comes out and it's buggy / laggy / unplayable I'd be much MORE upset than the anxiousness and impatience I have now.
My guess (pure speculation) is that it's already been passed to Armorgames and out of GameInABottle's hands. How can he give an update to someone else's timeline?
Thank you skwerly for showing where I can now look for updated news.

bendenny
bendenny
5 posts
Blacksmith

I'd believe it wasn't his fault if he didn't regularly do this to the point where I'm pretty sure it's fun for him or something. Working theory: we screwed ourselves over by voting for his greenlight. I'm gonna go ahead and guess a May 7th release.

soccergavin15
soccergavin15
1 posts
Nomad

hopefully sooner than that. i have researched this game a couple times today and the next release date i heard was late next week or early the week after

I_am_Jens
I_am_Jens
1 posts
Nomad

I really wouldn't mind waiting, hell another 2 months if the game is going to be good and bug free. But I wish he just would let us know something... anything :/

Showing 16-30 of 99