Nomad

Anyone know when GC2 will be released?

I thought it was supposed to go today, but I am not seeing it

• 99 Replies
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Man, I was really betting on a fake April Fools Day release of GC2 and a real release on the 2nd.

Graum
Graum
6 posts
Scribe

peter(GIAB) operates in the real world.
the real world does not care about deadlines.
Maybe Pete got sick or OD'ed on caffeine(I hope not!),
but it's not like a few more days is that big of deal after waiting
like half a year.
This game is gonna be sick, and if i had the funds, I'd support it
immediately.

To all the impatient boohooers, go make a great online game
and tell me how easy it is make perfectly the first time in a time frame
that you set at the beginning.

Personally, i don't mind playing a game that is imperfect(released early),
but Peter's perspective is totally valid. I want him to release a game that he is satisfied and proud of.

Now all of you that are still impatiently waiting,
go teach yourself something new.
Gardening is a good choice...also blacksmithing.
Yeah....blacksmithing.

Daedalus2112
Daedalus2112
9 posts
Nomad

I've had a couple of back & fourths with Peter through email...This is what he told me in the last email.

Please don't shoot the messenger; I'm only passing it on to the community:

Yeah, it was all ready to be released, but a really bizarre (but serious) bug which really messed up mana generation reared it's ugly head at the last minute. What's worse is that the code that needs to be fixed touches nearly every aspect of the game, so working it out is going to take a real lot of work.

I had scheduled other work/life related things for the next few months, thinking GC2 would be completed by now. So, between debugging/rewriting and everything else I have going on in my life, I'm afraid the release date might get pushed back 3, maybe 4 months.

I know I should have posted this on my blog, but with the anger and resentment at the game not coming out this week, I'm afraid to post that it's being delayed another 3-4 months

carrieannh1
carrieannh1
1 posts
Peasant

wow not cool, well going to find me another cool game for another 3-4 months!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andrew756
Andrew756
2 posts
Nomad

Well, there are good jokes and April the 1st jokes...

lunae
lunae
22 posts
Nomad

3-4 months...well, so much for waiting on that. i'll get the game if it ever gets released but i'm not going to sit around simply waiting for that long.

i'm patient but i'm not THAT patient.

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

I am chatting with the pope, were talking a lil bit about the delays on GCCS, he promised a devine intervention.

Daedalus2112
Daedalus2112
9 posts
Nomad

Carpe Diem, @Andrew756

Andrew756
Andrew756
2 posts
Nomad

I appreciate the effort, tho, Deadalus

blackpaladin
blackpaladin
75 posts
Shepherd

The 3 to 4 months delay obviously isnt true guys. Even if it wasn't april fools that would still be a fake email.

skwerly
skwerly
6 posts
Herald

I promise not to shoot the messenger.

I will, however, shoot any [bleep]er who makes forged messages, and then set him on fire. Twice.

Just sayin'.

weirdjudge
weirdjudge
4 posts
Farmer

thanks for the information update skwerly, especially since it's on twitter, that I don't have, of ArmorGames (and not GameInABottle) :S

(I do mean the thanks though)

Anyway, I agree with IamJens mostly...

I would rather wait a week more, and know exactly what the holdup is, than have it released tomorrow...(probably wouldn't for 22 days)

I get that Peter wants to make a great bug free game, and I appreciate the effort (heck, as a loyal kongregate player, I am here now, just for Gemcraft...)

But his Public Relations quality needs some tweaking...
Also happy to see AG has PR well enough to realise that, and put the info on twitter atleast

freelance52
freelance52
16 posts
Shepherd

Those of you who keep telling the rest of us to be patient and wait quietly while Peter fixes the bugs and makes the game perfect need to read GIAB blog dated 19th March where peter thanks us all for getting the game greenlit and then goes on to say that the game will be released on AG 'in the next few days' and after that he will start working on the Steam version 'after bug-fixing and fine-tuning the game' so he did not, on 19th March, intend that the released game would be bug-free. He expected that the released game would have bugs and would need to be fine-tuned. So he is not making it perfect prior to release. My guess is that he is working on perfecting the steam version.

Gogutz
Gogutz
2 posts
Blacksmith

He needs to rewrite the whole thing in order to realease it for steam. This isn't a job that can be completed in 2 weeks. So stop this "he is going to release both versions in the same time" thing.

CommanderBalok
CommanderBalok
7 posts
Jester

It's a little too coincidental that this happens right after he gets greenlit at Steam. I believe there's some connection: they told him not to release it here so far ahead of there, perhaps. Who knows? But... certainly he wouldn't want to do anything that would jeopardize the possibility of getting income from the Steam version. So if they told him to do this or that, I'm sure he'd agree. Valve isn't consumer friendly.

Showing 31-45 of 99