Nomad

Anyone know when GC2 will be released?

I thought it was supposed to go today, but I am not seeing it

• 99 Replies
CommanderBalok
CommanderBalok
7 posts
Jester

Oktavia_witch said: Greenlight doesn't have anything to do with Armor Games though, so stop spreading bull****.
In the sense that Greenlight only affects what happens at Steam that's true. In the sense that it might affect what a developer releasing a game for both places does, it's not guaranteed to be true. All I posted was speculation, which is why I began the sentence with "I believe". GIAB is entitled to be paid for his hard work; he has made a great series of games in the released Gemcraft games. Where he fails (again, in my opinion) is in communicating his plans to his customers. I develop software (not games) and am familiar with the elusive deadline. Essentially to avoid pi***ng people off is open communication. And even that doesn't always work.

TheLaw118
TheLaw118
30 posts
Nomad

I can tell you one thing, i wont be buying this game on EITHER steam OR AG. The waiting I can handle, not the silent treatment tho. If he CARED about his fans, he would make a blog post, but he hasn't. I'm really starting to think hes starting to lose faith in the fans, because if he had faith in US, he would post. If its cause he has no time to write a blog, i Call BULL on that. He can eat his breakfast in the car or w/e he goes to work on the game in order to take a few min to write up a blog post.

BlondieIsCasper
BlondieIsCasper
1 posts
Nomad

I can tell you one thing, i wont be buying this game on EITHER steam OR AG. The waiting I can handle, not the silent treatment tho. If he CARED about his fans, he would make a blog post, but he hasn't. I'm really starting to think hes starting to lose faith in the fans, because if he had faith in US, he would post. If its cause he has no time to write a blog, i Call BULL on that. He can eat his breakfast in the car or w/e he goes to work on the game in order to take a few min to write up a blog post.

My opinion is people who post things like this make Peter want to delay the game. People say "I'm not buying this game now!" but they still take the time to post on discussion boards as if that changes anything. Sadly people, it doesn't. Please grow up.
TheLaw118
TheLaw118
30 posts
Nomad

No, I knew it would not change anything. Just getting tired of all these delays. Would have been better if he had not said any realease dates, or something like mid-spring-summer instead of an exact date. Would have been loads better

Keystone95
Keystone95
8 posts
Peasant

Reading some comments here... it has been unfortunate that the expected release dates haven't occurred, including the latest one for 3/25-3/30. Anybody have any latest news on that by chance? (it's 4/2 and I haven't seen it here in AG).
I see folks being all upset about the release date thing, and it can be annoying, BUT pick your battles in life. It is better to wait longer for a quality product than something thrown together that you'll enjoy once and lose interest thereafter. You see big-name titles do this sometimes, cutting corners to meet a Christmas deadline or such. Having done programming in MS Access, one thing about computers and programming, unexpected problems, errors, and pains in tail ends are pretty much a guarrrrrontee. I do hope the wait is worth it, and if any of the guys down at GIAB are watching the blogs here, my only advice is to use "TBD" as a date until there is more surety about it. But... if the games are good, folks will still enjoy them.

eurik
eurik
5 posts
Shepherd

"THE most anticipated game from Armor Games since Armor Games has existed"

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's been refreshing the front page since like... Friday, lol.

And occasionally even during the week before.

But hey, before this painful wait, I didn't even know this place had a forum, lol.

Go Peter Go!

And hey, IT is what it is. I'm currently dealing with a professional app which is buggy and troublesome almost a year after it's original release date (May 2013, now almost 3 months after a release...) I agree that I'd rather wait another day (and another sleepless, restless night) and have a good product than a laggy, buggy game. I just hope when they put it on, the demand doesn't overload the server!!!

chess435
chess435
10 posts
Nomad

This is me right now:

http://ontd-startrek.wikispaces.com/file/view/f5.gif/120155093/f5.gif

eurik
eurik
5 posts
Shepherd

JLMgremlin
JLMgremlin
3 posts
Peasant

Armor Games â@ArmorGames 2h
For everybody waiting, GemCraft won't be launching today.

Armor Games â@ArmorGames 2h
For those requesting dates/answers about GemCraft, we have no date. It's currently in testing.

So basically in about 2 more weeks.

thegaydude
thegaydude
5 posts
Nomad

in about 2 more weeks we'll hear another message from GIAB stating another release date, followed by another unannounced delay?

archbishopjabber
archbishopjabber
1 posts
Peasant

Been following this game since it was announced and never posted before. I paid for the premium version of GCL and will probably pay for any premium of Chasing Shadows. Just like to say I'm disappointed with the lack of transparency and communication throughout the process of this games inception, creation and release.

It's not fair to say that this game is a gift to the players and its done when its done when people care enough and are willing to pay money for it. We have diligently waited and accepted the months of delays but when it was supposedly ready to be released it simply hasn't been with no formal notification or reasoning it is very frustrating.

I will still play it and purchase any premium version attached to it if it is released in the next week or so otherwise I will probably walk away and just play the free version at a later date. I think Armor Games needs to step it up. This entire thing has been less than professional.

That being said I love the gemcraft series and only care because I'm really looking forward to the release! Best tower defense game ever, just get your crap together and let me give you money.... seriously.

Keystone95
Keystone95
8 posts
Peasant

ArchbishopJabber...

Yea, communication is one thing that could have been better. I was reading the comments on GIAB's website during the development of this thing, and I'd see a note going like &quotost again next week with more details", only to see a month or so go by before they posted any more news. I suppose with all the negative feedback and angry potential customers, they feared making posts regarding bad news, but bad news > no news. I hate hearing it'll be another couple weeks before we'll be able to play it at all because it's "still?" in testing. Shoot, post the free version like it is right now, and let us see if we can break it. ;-p

Heonko
Heonko
1 posts
Farmer

This game even though someone is waiting after 25-30 March? You stupid, she even after 2 weeks since writing this post will not work. Every time the release date is postponed, the final date never have. Well I do not know you personally (developer) release date, well don't you write random numbers in their blog to raise your reputation, already at zero.

Catharsis51
Catharsis51
10 posts
Nomad

Message to armor games administrator.

Please, contact game in a bottle and ask him to give us the statut of the game, and give a serious date of release.

his fanbase begin to leave, they are angry against his fu***ng fake release date, it's time for him to respect us, like we have respect his previous work by bought premium.

Today or never.

lolikus
lolikus
4 posts
Bard

It Cost GameInABottle (Peter) about 5 mins to give us an update....

Showing 61-75 of 99