Nomad

Anyone know when GC2 will be released?

I thought it was supposed to go today, but I am not seeing it

• 99 Replies
Oktavia_witch
Oktavia_witch
56 posts
Blacksmith

Greenlight doesn't have anything to do with Armor Games though, so stop spreading bull****.
However, author seems to have fun posting "next week" news and "suddenly" "delay" them the day before of appointed "next week". That's becoming pretty nerving.

skwerly
skwerly
6 posts
Herald

The Steam version won't be released until at least October, according to Steam itself, posted March 21.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=234463734

...I hope Balok's guess is wrong...

freelance52
freelance52
16 posts
Shepherd

If Gogutz is correct and Peter needs to re-write the whole game for Steam, then neither AG nor Steam have any hope of ever seeing GC2: if it took peter 3 yrs to develop GC2 to this stage he has no chance of doing a re-write in time for steam's predicted October release. So - if he is now working flat out to get the game ready for steam, we don't have a cat in hell's chance of him finding enough time to release it on AG. And if he doesn't meet the steam deadline ... I don't think they will tolerate the endless BS that AG have put up with!

tulp3
tulp3
1 posts
Shepherd

Well i say go for it, he can release it on steam because that's where true money lies. Don't hate the man for wanting to give bread to his family. (himself) I would do the same and you too.

freelance52
freelance52
16 posts
Shepherd

No Tulp3, I wouldn't!
Yes, I would probably want to release my game, but, first loyalty should be to the fans - especially after asking them to vote it up onto steam (and how stupid you were for falling for that one without actually seeing/playing the game first!!) and to the original hosts of the games (AG). Also, a degree of personal integrity would demand, at the very least, some communication with the fans here on AG who are owed - by both peter and AG itself - some explanation for the delays and an apology for the way we have all been treated.

blackpaladin
blackpaladin
75 posts
Shepherd

The steam and AG release wil not be at the same time obviously.
This game is being developed by GIAB but he has a contract with AG to release it here first. AG was the one to ask peter for a steam release, if they also told him to release both versions at the same time they would be bitting themselves in the butt because they would miss a lot of traffic on the AG site. And Peter is probably working on a game braking bug or something, or maybe he is putting extra stuff behind a paywall to get more people to go steam. But you know what? We will never know for sure so its best to asume he is working on a bug.

grauer
grauer
1 posts
Nomad

No Tulp3, I wouldn't!
Yes, I would probably want to release my game, but, first loyalty should be to the fans - especially after asking them to vote it up onto steam (and how stupid you were for falling for that one without actually seeing/playing the game first!!) and to the original hosts of the games (AG). Also, a degree of personal integrity would demand, at the very least, some communication with the fans here on AG who are owed - by both peter and AG itself - some explanation for the delays and an apology for the way we have all been treated.

100% agree

The most important thing is HONESTY.

I hope we're wrong and it will show up here in a short time. I spent the 5 bucks for premium to play previous Gemcraft with all features and I have no problem to pay 10 bucks for this one, but I also dislike becoming fooled and in this case I'll just ignore the game. Just for revenge - it's a thing of principles.

Let's hope the best
Nicename
Nicename
5 posts
Nomad

I find the worst part is not knowing. Am resolving to stop refreshing the page.

Dominasty
Dominasty
3 posts
Farmer

I like it how many posters in this thread only have 1 post. That indicates, to me, that there are many many fans of this particular game.

resiosn
resiosn
2 posts
Nomad

Releasing the game in its current stage would be helpfull to peter, he can calm the fans, he can get valuable feedback, even if its a paid alpha/beta.

Stephan001
Stephan001
4 posts
Peasant

Its interesting how waiting for GC 2 makes a lot of people post for the first time here (including me). I would really like to see some new, as the last news was 'release early next week' on last friday.

Apart from some April's fool jokes, there has not been any information here...

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

I like it how many posters in this thread only have 1 post. That indicates, to me, that there are many many fans of this particular game.

Seems you havent played one of the other 3 parts... if you did you might know why this one of the most anticipated games here, specially since its on the home stretch.
stocky
stocky
11 posts
Nomad

He needs to rewrite the whole thing in order to realease it for steam. This isn't a job that can be completed in 2 weeks. So stop this "he is going to release both versions in the same time" thing.

If a flash game is wrapped by another program that is a '.exe' it can be released on steam as is. Although there would likely be some steam API integration, that wouldn't take very long to complete.

As stated the steam release is later in the year so you're right about the not at the same time thing. I imagine the delay is technical or a game breaking bug that is taking a while to fix.
Dominasty
Dominasty
3 posts
Farmer

Seems you havent played one of the other 3 parts... if you did you might know why this one of the most anticipated games here, specially since its on the home stretch.

I have and I have logged many hours and paid money into those games to show support.

Your rhetoric, above, is simply restating my observation: there are quite a few fans of this particular game.

And your last statement is incorrect: it is THE most anticipated game from Armor Games since Armor Games has existed.
Stephan001
Stephan001
4 posts
Peasant

If a flash game is wrapped by another program that is a '.exe' it can be released on steam as is. Although there would likely be some steam API integration, that wouldn't take very long to complete.

I agree. There are quite a few flash games on Steam that are still basically flash, with some kind of wrapper. However, flash is REALLY slow, so in order to , e.g., reduce lag, a rewrite would be a good idea.
Showing 46-60 of 99