Anyone know when GC2 will be released?

I thought it was supposed to go today, but I am not seeing it

• 99 Replies
Stephan001
Stephan001
4 posts
Peasant

Armorgames on Twitter:

For those requesting dates/answers about GemCraft, we have no date. It's currently in testing.

https://twitter.com/ArmorGames/status/451461839067422720

eurik
eurik
5 posts
Shepherd

Seriously, kids, I know it's exciting and all... but ultimately, what difference does it make in your life if the game comes out a couple weeks or even months earlier or later?

I apologise if you are days from death, terminally ill, but unless that is the case, just try and look at all this fury and frustration with... a bit of a perspective. There are million other things we all could (and likely should) be doing...

It's just an online flash game, for F*'s sake :-) One from a series of great and tremendously addictive ones, but...

Vammatar
Vammatar
7 posts
Peasant

I'm sorry for this post, I am normally very mindful of the difficulties involved with the delivery of a large project, let alone one that involves the lone efforts of one man, but this is becoming ridiculous.

Peter redeemed himself totally just before Christmas by admitting it was a misjudgement to have made announcements of proposed release dates that he simply couldn't meet. At that point all sins were forgiven but to then compound the problem by making yet more unachievable statements is, in my humble opinion, unforgivable.

A more cynical man than I could well believe that this a clumsy, ill thought out attempt to generate a frenzy of sales when that long anticipated day of release arrives.

Personally I hope they are wrong.
The problem is, if they are wrong, it simply means that we are left with an entirely unprofessional, unrepentant disregard for the very audience that inspired the undertaking in the first place.

You are obviously a very talented man Peter, it is a shame that the enduring focus remains a string of let downs.

A blog statement by you, and quickly, giving your loyal fans a definitive update would go a long way towards calming the situation.

If you need more time, say so.

If you know it will be released in a weeks time, say so.

And for pities sake, give us a date you can stick to, even if you want to add a month to make sure.

Sorry again for this post, but sometimes my frustrations get the better of me.

storymoron
storymoron
1 posts
Nomad

Anyone else notice that there are now GC: CS quests in their AG Quest section?

Or that, somehow, a few of those quests have been completed by a handful of players?

LightWarriorK
LightWarriorK
48 posts
Shepherd

Or that, somehow, a few of those quests have been completed by a handful of players?

If I had to guess, I'd say it's internal testing to make sure the game and quests run smoothly before release. That's just my instinct on it, though.
danieln92
danieln92
11 posts
Shepherd

If I had to guess, I'd say it's internal testing to make sure the game and quests run smoothly before release. That's just my instinct on it, though.

If you look at the GIAB account, they have quests completed starting on the 31st, so I would say you are correct. Fortunately, that would make me think they are very close if they are testing quests!
JLMgremlin
JLMgremlin
3 posts
Peasant

The cynical optimist in me, whats left of him, likes to think that since the armor games twitter account has daily come out and said "not releasing today" about this time and hasn't yet; that there is still a possibility.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Internal testing is ongoing.

blackXblade
blackXblade
1 posts
Blacksmith

Ferret, how long on average dose internal testing take? Im just curious.

rabi09
rabi09
3 posts
Shepherd

hmm... 2-3 days?
can i help u testing? :P

eurik
eurik
5 posts
Shepherd

Yeah I'm like totally volunteering to test as well

Fingers crossed!

Keystone95
Keystone95
8 posts
Peasant

Yes, I agree with Rabi09, let us help. ;-)

That is at least some good news, I hope. I have a feeling the irony of the title of the game being "Chasing Shadows" will probably end up being an irony not soon forgotten, however. A bit funny in a way, if you have a good sense of humor.

Vammatar mentioned above about the "sole man" of GIAB, is it true this is being done by one guy by himself? I really figured this was by 2 or 3 people at least, anyway. With the cash he's made from GC:L, he might ought go into business with a couple of more people. Trying to handle that all on one's own can be tough, and would explain blowing through timelines like cheap 1-ply toilet paper.

Nicename
Nicename
5 posts
Nomad

I have experience in software testing. I'm working all over this weekend, but sign me up for your playtesting team if you are still struggling on Monday.

tr848
tr848
1 posts
Peasant

Someone leaked the game on Game in a Bottle's Facebook page then deleted it.
[url=http://i.imgur.com/wkIbQ6L.jpg]

Daedalus2112
Daedalus2112
9 posts
Nomad

You're three days too late, man.

Showing 76-90 of 99