ForumsGamesGemcraft CS Endurance

136 43412
Anarchie
Anarchie
1 posts
Shepherd

Hi,

in Gemcraft Lab I could go on in Endurance mode forever with Chain+Mana-Gems collecting Mana, enraging giant waves and some killing gems.
In CS it kills me pretty soon. Main problems I identify would be slow mana-collection and high armor.
I appreciate that endurance became limited but Id like some more chance for staying at least some longer.
Anybody found a good strategy for endurance?

• 136 Replies
thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

The point being, I seriously wish we could have....bigger XP numbers. I mean, if there's a theoretical maximum we can reach within a certain time, it's no fun really at all...I want to have limitless playing....as do many others. I only care about the cap because it limits me, however much...and I absolutely hate how hard it is to reach epic proportional levels...

But I swear that I will do my darn best to reach at least level 7000. Dead or alive.

SugarBaby756
SugarBaby756
35 posts
Shepherd

but now it actually takes effort to get to lvl 10000

effort

It takes 95'410'901'254'424'870'000'000'000'000'000'000'000'000'000'000'000'000 XP to get 10000 level. 'Effort', eh.
ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

So, I've been wanting to do field F1 on endurance and hopefully beat it, but I wanna ask: Any tips on getting really far in Endurance?

zzxxzz3
zzxxzz3
72 posts
Jester

A standard mana farm + kill gem can get you into the 400s, but by then you'll basically need to use WoE/shrines unless you spent forever on your mana farming.

dfnord
dfnord
26 posts
Farmer

@zzxxzz3 Good tip. I'd advise against WoE though. I got lucky on a run, and managed to get the -40% charge time mod enough times through the battle that WoE and the rest of spells could be spammed pretty much instantly. It is a very very very slow way to kill by itself alone.

Combined with shrines and a level 50 gem, it can be sped up dramatically.

Venom Shrines also seems to be amazing here, as it will dipose multiple minions brought to lowish life by WoE / Shrine of Blades.

zzxxzz3
zzxxzz3
72 posts
Jester

Just to be clear, actually killing enemies with WoE is basically impossible. It does 20% (or whatever you have it at) of REMAINING health, so you'd have to use it 31 times to kill a monster with 1000 hp.

I think it's impossible to beat endurance without shrines.

executionercom
executionercom
3 posts
Peasant

Venom shrines + spark spell reduce cooldown(freeze) you can play endurance until you get bored. Not much more experience from endurance unless you get farther than roughly 3 times your current end level using spark mana boosters for at least 50% xp each due to the 1/4 XP reduction.

dfnord
dfnord
26 posts
Farmer

@zzxxzz3 Good point. To be clear I meant WoE and low-level gems (sub 40). WoE helps a lot get the monsters into killlable range, by reducing hp, reducing armor, reducing healing (all of which, at high enough levels, can render a monster virtually unkillable). The point is that used enough times, any monster will die. However, using this procedure on all mobs after wave 400 (including swarmlings), I found, to be ridiculously tedious.

Which is why the venom shrines are good: you can take a bunch of monsters at one, and use WoE only a few times (in case you don't have Shrine of Blades). Faster monsters will be really fast on Haunting, which you'll require you to be on your toes and have your Freeze spell up and ready (so playing on 9x speed is daunting at times), but it will be much much faster than the alternative.

With this in mind, the actual challenge becomes: what is the fastest you can beat endurance? As @executionercom mentioned, it may not be the most efficient way of getting XP, but it is certainly a challenge.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Trying to beat endurance on 9x speed is nigh on suicide. A bug of some sort makes 9x speed make gems fire at less than 9x speed but monsters move at the same. Tested and proven by quite a few others too, and it was like this at 3x spd in GCL as well.

THUS, to gain the most mana you should once you get to G20+ farm never use more than 1x speed.

Also, my slow and steady crushtank will likely not need shrines. If I can get a grade 50 by wave 15(easiest settings, duh), odds are I can get a grade 100 gem before wave 300. That would likely have damage in the E range due to insane bloodbound epicness. My farm would get my mana into the septillions+. And I would be able to anger wave 999 and laugh.

I hope. Permafreeze, reduces all danger though. Hehehe. I can't wait to get G100....which takes like octillion mana, Eh....I'll get there.

dfnord
dfnord
26 posts
Farmer

Thanks for the great info @thunderrider. I'll still use 9x when hunting talismans and shadow cores, but thanks for the amazing tips (still hunting my final 6 +1 to all skill talismans).

Quick question: Do use you use amps on your mana farm? If so, what colors?

Please show an SS when you beat endurance without shrines. I'd love to see that happen

zzxxzz3
zzxxzz3
72 posts
Jester

Something to consider: endurance should be MUCH easier on looming than glaring/haunting. 2% health increase per level = wave 999 on glaring has 40 billion % more HP than on looming.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Probably lol. But I'm not doing it just to beat endurance...also highest grade + mana pool....I want grade 100+ at LEAST.

@dnford I don't bother with amps, they're useless since neither blood nor pool multipliers multiply their amplification in the amplified gem nor the amplifier, making their bonus very, very, tiny and useless.

zzxxzz3
zzxxzz3
72 posts
Jester

Another thing to consider is gem wasps w/ maxed ignition...a level 1 gem will release 60+ 1 second stuns...

jdawg99
jdawg99
6 posts
Jester

[/quote]Not a bug, it's a feature, level 10000 cap now, requirements to level skyrocketed.

Who the HELL would want requirements to level? I do endurance and am level 211. I play for like 45 minutes per endurance and get 10 million xp, which only translates to 20 **** levels. the creator really needs to make xp a lot more accessible

DJFaust
DJFaust
20 posts
Nomad

I play for like 45 minutes per endurance and get 10 million xp, which only translates to 20 **** levels. the creator really needs to make xp a lot more accessible

What makes you think you're supposed to get hundrets of levels in just a few minutes? I need more that 45 minutes to complete each of last levels (Q,T, X) on looming difficulty.
Showing 61-75 of 136