ForumsGamesGemcraft CS Endurance

136 43411
Anarchie
Anarchie
1 posts
Shepherd

Hi,

in Gemcraft Lab I could go on in Endurance mode forever with Chain+Mana-Gems collecting Mana, enraging giant waves and some killing gems.
In CS it kills me pretty soon. Main problems I identify would be slow mana-collection and high armor.
I appreciate that endurance became limited but Id like some more chance for staying at least some longer.
Anybody found a good strategy for endurance?

• 136 Replies
TheLaw118
TheLaw118
30 posts
Nomad

Tbh, I see no reason now to do endurance. Hard cap of 10k, mobs got nerfed exp rates/levels req MORE exp per level, hes killing the game, and its only been out aweek.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Hi it's Takiza.

how to perma freeze??? Does that spark permanently reduce cooldown? I thought it only temp sped it up lol.

Nodge
Nodge
10 posts
Blacksmith

AAHAHA yesterday i got a lvl 4500+
Today i log on...and...this:
http://i57.fastpic.ru/big/2014/0413/14/d8abe09a6997ffd3b326d79cecacac14.jpg
Lvl only 2,5.....what a bug >_

imdragonreborn
imdragonreborn
11 posts
Nomad

Not a bug, it's a feature, level 10000 cap now, requirements to level skyrocketed.

SugarBaby756
SugarBaby756
35 posts
Shepherd

Please, why do you invest in ALL the skills... Like you are using suppressing gems or demolition and, of course, gem wasps are OP.

Gremlion
Gremlion
522 posts
Blacksmith

Please, why do you invest in ALL the skills... Like you are using suppressing gems or demolition and, of course, gem wasps are OP.

Skill panel lags indefinitely on high level. It is better to invest into skills and forget about its existence.
Nodge
Nodge
10 posts
Blacksmith

Now it is....bad. Play total 2 hours, farm mana and....on wave 250 my 55 lvl yello+white+red gem can't kill any mob. And i got only 25% exp of current lvl.....lol.

SugarBaby756
SugarBaby756
35 posts
Shepherd

There are no high levels anymore, Gremlion.

DJFaust
DJFaust
20 posts
Nomad

I'm still trying to complete Gemcraft on Looming difficulty, but it lost the point. Once you figure out survival build, it's nothing but endless grind.
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o102/DjFaust/Looming1_zps8c6d2fce.png

Craven1138
Craven1138
7 posts
Peasant

Thats sound's nice... what's the survival grind then?

TheLaw118
TheLaw118
30 posts
Nomad

Nice starting mana there, nudge :P Can yo do anything with that "HIGH" of a starting mana? XD

blackpaladin
blackpaladin
75 posts
Shepherd

Seriously people, he isnt braking the game he is fixing it.
Yes there is a hard cap of wizard lvl, but now it actually takes effort to get to lvl 10000.
It used to be easy to get a couple of thousand lvls, now you actually need to play the game in order to lvl up? What a shame!

Stop complaining.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

I sort of agree. beacons that would die in one hit were giving me 2-4 million XP each lol....X10+ per wave and it got ridiculous fast. Especially the flying ones in wave 200+ though I always quit before that sadly.

I'm actually okay with the cap, I'd love to be able to get as close as I can to it hehe, though Grem only has 4K....

Also, I'm just glad peter didn't nerf Bloodbound. That thing is like the new poolbound, only better. Really. Once you get pool into the quintillions, it takes FOREVER and a DAY to level it up due to lag and farm unable to keep up with exponents, but blood helps it stay even, esp because I'm getting 13K hits per second or higher. I hope to beat endurance wish me luck. Wave 62 Grade 58 with 528X blood multi, I'm gonna make a crap pure blood to get hits to later combine with damage gem, my mana farm is tearing 100 quintillion hp monsters apart...Plus permafreeze. I think I can beat endurance, just later use a ton of max 90% slow + 8.4 seconds(traps skill increases duration) and tons of G50-60+ armor and suppress gems. Wish me luck!

pxpxpx
pxpxpx
10 posts
Nomad

Good luck!

blackpaladin
blackpaladin
75 posts
Shepherd

to eleborate why you shouldnt complain about the cap:
After tinkering around with Endurance mode, it looks experience gained each wave increases linearly as you move forward. (Wave 1000 will give twice as much experience as wave 500)
This means that your total experience gained for an Endurance run is going to be approximately quadratic with time. (Assuming you're doing this in one run.)
Therefore, if it's possible to get to Level 4000 in 10 hours of playing (reasonable assumption), these are the estimated times to reach each level, with borderline perfect play:
Level 4000: 10 hours
Level 5000: 9 days, 4 hours
Level 6000: 5 years, 312 days
Level 7000: 4428 years
Level 8000: 10.8 million years
Level 9000: 86 billion years
Level 9999: 2.6 quadrillion years

thx to foust2014 on Reddit.

Showing 46-60 of 136