ForumsGamesGemcraft GC2 Suggestions Thread (test)

62 20956
ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

Okay...let's see how well this plays out. Basically, it's a thread where people can suggest their...uhhh...suggestions for GemCraft 2: Chasing Shadows.

A few of my suggestions are below:
- Bring back orb damage (and the related achievements), except nerfed.
- Have an option to have red or black be bloodbound and for red or lime to be chain hit correspondingly.
- Perhaps a way to earn more talisman sockets. That would add some replayability to the game.
- Remove the level cap. Seriously. This should be top-priority among everything on this list.

• 62 Replies
co2metal
co2metal
3 posts
Shepherd

I might be overlooking something, but could a little feature be added to let you know how many total waves in your game, after you adjust your difficulty level and traits?* Sorry!

Reechi
Reechi
14 posts
Peasant

Oh and I would love to see 2 more targeting options: reavers and unpoisoned/unslowed.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

@Reechi I think unslowed was an option but GIAB removed it prelaunch because he could only fit 8 options for fast-select(in an 8 point direction, otherwise you'd need to shift through allll the options like in GCL). Though I would LOVE to see targetings like: Shielded enemies, and Enemies Carrying Orblets.

@co2metal while in game mouse over the wave stones unless in endurance it will say Wave X out of X.

@Xnon protip- Specters ignore traps.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Make shrines more useful. As of now, the only shrine worth using is gem enhance, and two shrines are barely useful, the slow one, and ONLY for trying-to-beat-endurance-runs(the stacking cut of speed for 200 seconds with grade 30 gem is useful but only for that), and the crit one, for 90% hp loss.

Also, the leech shrine is a JOKE. Only a grade ONE will leech more than it costs unless you have a huuuge amount/maxed fusion. Seriously that has gotta be the lamest

ValcornLv2
ValcornLv2
7 posts
Shepherd

Using metric prefix instead of insane huge numbers or 10exp.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metric_prefix
Example:
- 100.000.000 -> 100M
- 6.38732099e22 -> 63.9Z
Reason: No one cares about the lower digits, but they take much space and cannot be read that good.

co2metal
co2metal
3 posts
Shepherd

I meant before you begin the game, while still on the traits menu.

markkrosky
markkrosky
14 posts
Nomad

I agree with the suggestion "After you beat the game, let the player continue with no lvl cap."

Also, I miss the ritual skill. How about an amulet fragment with "0.01% of shadow cores added to starting mana"?

ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

Okay, so this thread's been dead for a bit, but I've found a few more suggestions in my bottomless bag.

- Have shadow cores have a use besides traits and talisman fragments (perhaps the ability to get extra starting mana for shadow cores), or at least add a talisman property which makes them useful when you're not activating any traits, ala Ritual skill from GCL (maybe only possible for those with Magician's Pouch)
- Add talisman properties which increase the cap on slowing or increase bloodbound and/or poolbound base multiplier
- Increase talisman fragment rarity cap to accommodate the two above suggestions
- Do what the above guy said; after beating the game (supposedly by unlocking Haunting difficulty), let the player continue with no level cap
- Make gem wasps actually powerful

Gremlion
Gremlion
522 posts
Blacksmith

Laughing at "remove level cap". Do you really think that it is reachable?
500k level was transformed into ~5k. 40M level was transformed into ~6k

ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

Laughing at "remove level cap". Do you really think that it is reachable?
500k level was transformed into ~5k. 40M level was transformed into ~6k

Which is why you could also reduce the exponentially large amount of XP required to reach a certain level.
JedaFlain
JedaFlain
3 posts
Nomad

Change the skill adding buttons to draggable, so you can more quickly allocate those points. Useful when you have lots.

If you hold down shift while clicking/mouse-scroll, it will add or subtract skill points in chunks. Works for battle traits as well.
StormWingDelta
StormWingDelta
72 posts
Shepherd

So many ideas to go through.

Structure Enhancements: Unlike Gem Enhancements these change up things about the structures themselves and how they work to some degree.

Beam Fence:
Towers: Towers with gems and this enhancement now fire a continuous beam between other towers with Beam Fence that are within range. Gems do no damage but their special is applied at their fire rate intervals.
Traps: Causes a Ring of Special around the trap continuously active but no damage.
Amps: Grants range circle but the effects of the amps get lower the further away a tower or trap is.

Wasp Nest: Meant for traps but can be used in towers. Applies Gem Enhancement effects to wasps generated.
Towers: In place of normal attacks it fires a huge blob of wasps at enemies every few seconds.
Traps: Spawn swarms of wasps at their location with slightly stronger stun than normal.
Amps: Does nothing to amps.

Bounce Gate:
Towers: Does Nothing
Traps: Randomly banishes monsters back to start and causes larger special effect to monsters within range. Can banish a number of monsters at one time equal to the grade of the gem within it. Each time a monster is banished its HP and Armor are returned to full. All other stats are multiplied by the number of banishes.
Amps: Does Nothing

lol just ideas.

stickpag
stickpag
47 posts
Peasant

@ThomasSpeedRunner

That is how it was before the level cap, i doubt he will change it back( 40 million levels Is crazy) but i do want another scaling, at the very least make lvl 10k reachable.

ori_alon_92
ori_alon_92
7 posts
Peasant

here are some ideas:

* make cyan gems stop a percentage of the enemy regen, like blue does for speed.
* add toggle to cursed/poisoned/slowed icon under the monsters, its annoying when there a lot of monsters on the screen.
* make the talisman fragment colors inside out, it will look so much cooler, example: https://googledrive.com/host/0B0AkrNm6ijP0djNSTGprNnlyb1U/fragmentColoringIdea.png

ori_alon_92
ori_alon_92
7 posts
Peasant

another image https://googledrive.com/host/0B0AkrNm6ijP0djNSTGprNnlyb1U/fragmentColoringIdea2.png

Showing 16-30 of 62