ForumsGamesGemcraft GC2 Suggestions Thread (test)

62 20954
ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

Okay...let's see how well this plays out. Basically, it's a thread where people can suggest their...uhhh...suggestions for GemCraft 2: Chasing Shadows.

A few of my suggestions are below:
- Bring back orb damage (and the related achievements), except nerfed.
- Have an option to have red or black be bloodbound and for red or lime to be chain hit correspondingly.
- Perhaps a way to earn more talisman sockets. That would add some replayability to the game.
- Remove the level cap. Seriously. This should be top-priority among everything on this list.

• 62 Replies
Poghy
Poghy
27 posts
Shepherd

Later waves have much more healing. But when monsters have e46 health, and e48 regeneration/min, even if my black/yellow gem could keep up with their health but my supressing/black (without the yellow help) doing like e22 supression is a joke.

ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

To be honest, cyan is just outright useless. It barely does anything! Poison at least helps with the earlier swarmlings, like I said.

Poghy
Poghy
27 posts
Shepherd

Yeah purple is in the same shoes. I remember when in GCL the monsters had so much armor, gems without yellow couldnt touch them. In GC2 armor is so much nerfed that purple gems are only useful to the players who are playing the vision field where the fist shadow appears. Thats why I suggested to buff monster armor.

shadownebula
shadownebula
18 posts
Blacksmith

The red and blue becomes effective with just a small amount used in the gem, so that you would want only a small portion of it in your gem, They can be rescaled so you have to invest in them instead of adding them later as an after thought.

Cyan could have a slight max hp reduction effect added to it to make it more useful at high grades, say no more than 1% of current max hp.

Allow poision to spread to other monsters when a poisoned monster dies or when it gets close to another monster.

Allow armor to get reduced below zero, which gives later hits a damage bonus

Reduce the crit cap to 50% but allow it to go back up to 80% using amps

Lotoreo
Lotoreo
14 posts
Nomad

Okay, did not read through all this, but here are my thoughts:
-) Right-click gem that is in tower / trap: Remove it back to the inventory
-) Less lag
-) Some way to auto gembomb every wave.E.g. A spot where I can put a gem, and if I have the mana, it is automatically bombed on every wave, right before it starts. Optinally, would be nice if I could also tell how often it is bombed, e.g. 5 times per wave.

morza05
morza05
4 posts
Shepherd

Is there any effective way I can successfully and rapidly stop Shadows? One of those *******s showed up at the end of a 77-wave game and made me lose. It had 5 million hit points and eventually released more spawnlings than the monsters I already had present in the map.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Critical is your friend. R1 is tome.

ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

Specters make the game more interesting. However, I must agree with your first statement. Also, for making endurance easier, see the post I made about splitting Endurance in three as quoted below (not linked because I can't get the link):

Okay, so after a while, I've noticed it's become a lot harder to do endurance. GIAB, if thou art reading this, you'll probably know why I'm posting the below suggestion: If these nerfs keep comin', there won't be anybody TO play the game by the time the 90-day exclusivity period is over.

Thus, I suggest that endurance be split in three to address three generally different audiences.

Firstly, we will have "Beginner's Endurance". This is available to everybody regardless of whether or not they have the MP, and is unlocked upon beating hextile H, though those with the MP will have it from the start. In this endurance, the stats are as follows:
**Monster Nerfs
* -40% monster health increase per wave
* -60% monster armor increase per wave
* no monster abilities aside from mana burn on banishment, which is nerfed to 1% and is intrinsic only on every second wave
* -25% monster speed
* shrines have 10% higher charge cap and charge 5% faster
* -50% monster banishment cost increase per wave
* wave cap reduced to 500
* monster nests take 2x damage
**Player Nerfs
* endurance XP multiplier nerfed to x0.1
* enraging does not give extra XP

This would please the casual gamers who simply wish for an easygoing time playing further into a level.

Next up is "Gamer's Endurance". This is available to those with the Magician's Pouch after beating hextile H and is available to those without the MP after beating field X5. This is the normal endurance with no unusual nerfs or buffs to either side. This appeases the mediocre gamers who don't want it too easy, but don't want it too hard either. Wave cap here is 999.

Lastly, for those of you players out there who are pretty extreme and are looking for a challenge, there'll be "Hardcore Endurance". This is only available to those who are level 500 or higher and have the MP and have beaten field X5. The buffs to each side here are as follows:
**Monster Buffs
* +50% monster health increase per wave
* +50% monster armor increase per wave
* intrinsic abilities include both 5% mana burn on banishment and 3 layers of shield and are included on every wave
* +25% monster speed
* shrines have 25% lower charge cap and charge 10% slower
* +50% monster banishment cost increase per wave
* wave cap increased to 1337
* monster nests have 5x HP
* beacons have 10x HP and fire 25% faster
* monsters generate HP 10% faster
* monster amount increased by 10%
* a beacon appears every fifth wave
**Player Buffs
* endurance XP multiplier buffed to x3.0
* enraging gives 3x XP bonus for killing each monster

NOTE: You still can't open tome chambers in any of these.

These would be selected through a menu that appears when clicking on the button to continue in Endurance. If an option was not unlocked yet, it would be displayed, but with text stating the unlock requirements.

It's also recommended that you give back the spell recharge time reduction given by the Prism Cascade spark, but make it cap at 75%, with all subsequent sparks only boosting the actual charges of shrines and spells.

GIAB, if you read through this, please consider implementing these features. I know it's a lot, but it may just be what will save GC2 from being abandoned after all the nerfs you guys have put in.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Inspired by my earlier idea, I may add. xD

Anyway, please stop posting questions here, this is for suggestions to make the game better.

Ledrias
Ledrias
101 posts
Peasant

Endurance: What's that all about?

Even though I'm only a lowly level 69 (only had game 2 days)
endurance seems a bit of a joke.
It's seems you enter it and last 1 maybe 2 more waves, gaining a paltry 1k of extra xp.
The jump in monster difficulty is b******ks, it makes me dislike the game.

Worth buying the game for? NO.

You're level 69, endurance doesn't get good until at least level 150.

Also, angering sped up would be super nice, perhaps holding CTRL as well as B+shift would anger +10 bombs or something...

Giants are fine as they are, just use crit people. Shrines need a buff, maybe exponential scaling for higher grade gems.

Sparks a little more often, especially in endurance runs. perhaps 10-20% more?

Scaling worthless gem types for higher grade gems, purple/cyan, perhaps poison.

There should be a difficulty that is actually a challenge for those that are 1500 plus, maybe haunting+,
15000 first wave hp,
x1.25 per wave or so,
more regen/armor,
all monsters have one shield or more, etc.

That's it for now, not much more will come from my head.
thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

The mana leech, wisdom, slow, and tearing shrines definitely need a major boost.

Leech: I only gain a profit on a grade 12 for example, if 2500+ monsters are in range. Less, and I lose most of the time the value. Get this: With level 45)+13) fusion. It's PATHETIC. PERIOD.

Wisdom: Maximum I've ever gotten, is at about wave 950, 8K monsters, 5K hit by shrine, with huge spark multiplier of about 30, it gave 2 million xp.

Considering with other shrines you get billions PER monster(with multiplier)...this is lame. lame.

Slow: Decent, but a slowgem already does it, and 500% more efficiently. Not only that, but freeze makes it obsoleter than the slowgem itself already is.

Decent only because until you have guaranteed freezelock, it can get a bit hot sometimes. I used it a little, but never now. Make it 75% slow and it'll be okayish.

Tear: JOKE! With monsters with E15 armor, 5000 monsters, hit 3500, it tore....with grade 24.......10 million armor. WHAT?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REVAMP. NOW.

So yeah.

Blades: By the way, this is now obsolete, WoE gives +150% more health shred. And lowers healing rate to boot, making infection shrine from essential now w/ nerf, to highly recommended.

Infection - Awesome....healing goes bye bye. E61 to E0 = lots.

Venom: KILLING MACHINE ROAR.

Gem Enhance: Cool to make poolbound gems with 10000 damage on grade 1, but otherwise rather ineffective.

This is from a skilled, high level standpoint. For low levels, I do find slow/armor tear(rarely) and enhance shrine to be great.

@ledrias for your higher difficulty, xp bonuses??

I can give some:

Base bonus: X7.50.

Bonus Per Trait Level: + X2.50

Trait 7 * 9 Traits * 2.5 per + 7.5 base = x165 multiplier.

Reason? 15000 base hp is a LOT.

Hp is exponential, thus, it will grow that much faster & be a real challenge for lower levels(500 or less) thus bigger xp gain.

And also because since haunting maxes talisman rarity, no buff here, so that goes into the xp.

Also, for endurance with that, it should be instead of 75% xp loss penalty, be 60% xp loss penalty. You like? :P

Ledrias
Ledrias
101 posts
Peasant

I can give some:

Base bonus: X7.50.
Bonus Per Trait Level: + X2.50
Trait 7 * 9 Traits * 2.5 per + 7.5 base = x165 multiplier.
Reason? 15000 base hp is a LOT.
Hp is exponential, thus, it will grow that much faster & be a real challenge for lower levels(500 or less) thus bigger xp gain.
And also because since haunting maxes talisman rarity, no buff here, so that goes into the xp.
Also, for endurance with that, it should be instead of 75% xp loss penalty, be 60% xp loss penalty. You like? :P

15000 isn't that much, I'm pretty sure a G6 RYB can take that out in one hit.
That's also with 2k level... so do with that what you will. I guess it would just make angering a bit more difficult.

60% exp loss? perhaps a .5 multiplier instead of .7 like regular endurance.
I do like the math for the difficulty though, makes it around 2 times more profitable than haunting.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Actually, the xp multiplier that's currently in game is 0.25 multiplier. So 60% loss is 0.4 multiplier, which is better.

Idk, but the mana bar is incorrect. Trust me, I've done the math. The base xp in the wave popup becomes 1/4th the xp of the last wave before endurance starts.

For example, wave 236 on X4, haunting all max but 0 mana lock.

about 60 xp. Reaver.

Wave 237, endurance.

14.8 xp, reaver.

See? I can power through it and get pics for you if you want, but pay attention on any level on last wave, go into endurance, and see the proof. It's there. And btw, if you say the popup is the inaccurate one, then my math is incorrect, from what the xp I get per wave from endurance is compared to non endurance.

xroads42
xroads42
87 posts
Farmer

Suggestion: remove skill cap. after skill lvl 45 (without talisman) the costs may increase. eg. for lvl 46 points but 50 points.

and improve performance!! lag sucks....

jdguy99
jdguy99
58 posts
Farmer

one simple thing that i think would help, more with irritation than anything. a "max all traits " button. i just find it such a pain when i am doing a number of fields to have to max each trait individually. Simple thing. though not sure how many get bothered by.

as i think more too...could have a similar button to "max upgrade" fragments. not sure about others, but i never partially upgraded one ( i did buy the10000 sc though)

Showing 46-60 of 62