ForumsGamesGemcraft GC2 Suggestions Thread (test)

62 20953
ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

Okay...let's see how well this plays out. Basically, it's a thread where people can suggest their...uhhh...suggestions for GemCraft 2: Chasing Shadows.

A few of my suggestions are below:
- Bring back orb damage (and the related achievements), except nerfed.
- Have an option to have red or black be bloodbound and for red or lime to be chain hit correspondingly.
- Perhaps a way to earn more talisman sockets. That would add some replayability to the game.
- Remove the level cap. Seriously. This should be top-priority among everything on this list.

• 62 Replies
thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

oh wow ori that looks epic! I definitely want that, seriously you're good with colors.

My suggestion: It's too easy to beat endurance.

Have 2 options- Endurance and Mega Endurance(or something)

Endurance = regular, like it is now.

Mega Endurance can only be played on haunting, and its optional.

+5% extra shrine cooldown per usage(so now 10% instead of 5%)
-15% maximum shrine cap(75% instead of 90%)
-15% Shrine range
-15% shrine sparks appearence chance
-15% prism cascade effectiveness
+30% Hit Point Increase
+60% Regeneration
50% Stronger marked/twisted/possessed specials
+338 extra waves to beat it.
x3 Xp earned(after 0.25 mod, so 0.75 xp).

You like?

darkumbra
darkumbra
8 posts
Peasant

IMHO "closest to orb" targeting is bugged.

When a swarm has grabbed an orblet? Its distance should be its distance from the orb.. Multiplied by -1 ... This would mean that the closer it is to the exit, the higher its priority target for 'closest to orb' targetting

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

no closest to orb doesnt mean orblets, just the orb of presence.

Reechi
Reechi
14 posts
Peasant

Wow those look amazing, ori!

That reminded me, will achievements look more colorful in the future? In the blog preview pictures showed more colorful versions.

xXNonXx
xXNonXx
11 posts
Peasant

I want free premium

ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

I want free premium

GIAB will not make premium free. It's premium for a reason.
ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

Okay...field V3 needs to be made easier. It's too hard to beat it right now.

ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

Okay, so after a while, I've noticed it's become a lot harder to do endurance. GIAB, if thou art reading this, you'll probably know why I'm posting the below suggestion: If these nerfs keep comin', there won't be anybody TO play the game by the time the 90-day exclusivity period is over.

Thus, I suggest that endurance be split in three to address three generally different audiences.

Firstly, we will have "Beginner's Endurance". This is available to everybody regardless of whether or not they have the MP, and is unlocked upon beating hextile H, though those with the MP will have it from the start. In this endurance, the stats are as follows:
**Monster Nerfs
* -40% monster health increase per wave
* -60% monster armor increase per wave
* no monster abilities aside from mana burn on banishment, which is nerfed to 1% and is intrinsic only on every second wave
* -25% monster speed
* shrines have 10% higher charge cap and charge 5% faster
* -50% monster banishment cost increase per wave
* wave cap reduced to 500
* monster nests take 2x damage
**Player Nerfs
* endurance XP multiplier nerfed to x0.1
* enraging does not give extra XP

This would please the casual gamers who simply wish for an easygoing time playing further into a level.

Next up is "Gamer's Endurance". This is available to those with the Magician's Pouch after beating hextile H and is available to those without the MP after beating field X5. This is the normal endurance with no unusual nerfs or buffs to either side. This appeases the mediocre gamers who don't want it too easy, but don't want it too hard either. Wave cap here is 999.

Lastly, for those of you players out there who are pretty extreme and are looking for a challenge, there'll be "Hardcore Endurance". This is only available to those who are level 500 or higher and have the MP and have beaten field X5. The buffs to each side here are as follows:
**Monster Buffs
* +50% monster health increase per wave
* +50% monster armor increase per wave
* intrinsic abilities include both 5% mana burn on banishment and 3 layers of shield and are included on every wave
* +25% monster speed
* shrines have 25% lower charge cap and charge 10% slower
* +50% monster banishment cost increase per wave
* wave cap increased to 1337
* monster nests have 5x HP
* beacons have 10x HP and fire 25% faster
* monsters generate HP 10% faster
* monster amount increased by 10%
* a beacon appears every fifth wave
**Player Buffs
* endurance XP multiplier buffed to x3.0
* enraging gives 3x XP bonus for killing each monster

NOTE: You still can't open tome chambers in any of these.

These would be selected through a menu that appears when clicking on the button to continue in Endurance. If an option was not unlocked yet, it would be displayed, but with text stating the unlock requirements.

It's also recommended that you give back the spell recharge time reduction given by the Prism Cascade spark, but make it cap at 75%, with all subsequent sparks only boosting the actual charges of shrines and spells.

GIAB, if you read through this, please consider implementing these features. I know it's a lot, but it may just be what will save GC2 from being abandoned after all the nerfs you guys have put in.

psaval
psaval
1 posts
Nomad

My suggestions are:

1.- I Don't like the poison damage. In my opinion, poison damage should be low, but working this way:
Poison points are added to the poisoned creature
Every second, the poisoned creature get damaged the amount of poison points it has.
After taken that damage, the creature heals 1 poison point.
Some creatures are poison resistant, mainly swarms, so they heal more poison points and heal them before taking the poison damage.

If you think it, poison can deal a big amount of damage if used properly, but still tons of time to do so. I think is a good way to understand poison damage.

2.- Also manabound and bloodbound gems... I rather think that this ability should be inherent to any gem. We can understand that a orange gem that has been there from the beggining is "learning" with every hit and deals a bit more damage and leeches more mana than a freshly deployed same grade gem.

3.- Slow gem should have area effect to make it more useful.

4.- Tower and trap level:
It will be interesting if we could "rise" the tower for a slight range and speed improvement, at some cost, of course

Also will be interesting if a tower could be upgraded to a certain type, so gems work in a different way depending on the type of tower:
-Radiant tower: The range, damage and firespeed of the gem is heavily reduced, but instead, it does a full area damage and have a magic component increased. Very usefull when the enemys are stockpiling. Great for slowering and poisoning swarms or breaking heavily armored packs of enemys.

-Cannon tower: The range and damage is greatly increased, and gem has a big area of effect, while speed and magic component is heavily reduced.

-Particule tower: The gem fires like a beam, with damage and range reduced, while magic component and speed is greatly increased. Awsome to boost mana, break armour (with "highest armour" targeting) or heavily poison enemyes)

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

1) yep, poison should be made useful on higher grades.

2) you really want to join together two most OP gems in gemcraft? It makes no sense.

3) nope, chain hit is your AoE. It is very useful even now.

4)
a) no need; it's a game about gems and not towers.
b) gem enchancement spells are just the same.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

@Thomas about hardcore endurance- 3x xp and 3x anger xp is a little over the top....

Wave 999 giant on X4 has about 290 base xp with 0.25 mod. so 1160 base *3 = 3480 xp base. Really? I get +400 xp on 290 base xp or so with grade 42 angering gem. And 3x, really lol. So goes from 3500 to like 12000 in 1 anger.

At E307 hp that'd be over 20 million xp per monster I think.....20 million xp * sparks(generally about 25x to 30x) * 999 monsters = 500-600 billion xp without traits and only one wave.....

ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

@Thomas about hardcore endurance- 3x xp and 3x anger xp is a little over the top....

Wave 999 giant on X4 has about 290 base xp with 0.25 mod. so 1160 base *3 = 3480 xp base. Really? I get +400 xp on 290 base xp or so with grade 42 angering gem. And 3x, really lol. So goes from 3500 to like 12000 in 1 anger.

At E307 hp that'd be over 20 million xp per monster I think.....20 million xp * sparks(generally about 25x to 30x) * 999 monsters = 500-600 billion xp without traits and only one wave.....

Well, then, how about this:
* endurance XP multiplier buffed to x2.0 instead of x3.0
* enraging gives x1.25 XP bonus for killing each monster instead of x3.0

(Also, on a side note, don't you high level people already need billions of XP just to level up once?)
thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Was thinking like x2.0 and x1.6 or so.

Yeah I need 46 billion xp to level to 3143.

Poghy
Poghy
27 posts
Shepherd

My suggestions:

the nerfs:
------------

New monster affix: resistant to poison: From -2% to -95% depending on wave number - so venom shrine couldnt do much at later waves but achievments like kill with only poison would be still possible.

New monster affix: resistant to freeze: From -5% to -75% depending on wave number. Something like max -30% in non-endurance games for obvious reasons.

Limit red gems like blues: Max ~100 chain hit or so. Reducing lag and making manafarm less crazy. I know its a premium gem but I think its necessary.

Max xp gained from 1 level should be a factor of the lowest xp you have from 1 level: To take care of past exploits. Everyone could have the &quotassive" xp from their best but it would be only active when your lowest xp comes near to it (and by near to it I mean 0.01%)

Moar monster armor: Seriously, monsters with e22 health and 1k armor are a joke.

the buffs:
------------

Buff poison gem scaling a LOT: Since these are not affected by yellow gem.

Buff supressing gem scaling a LOT: For the same reasons.

Buff poison gem skill: Poison gems would pierce through poison resistance.

Change talisman fragment droprate: In endurance more fragments should be dropped. Later waves should drop better rarity/affixes.

Change talisman fragment affixes: This is the most important part! I have endless pages of ideas how to change them, so I wont even start, but right now they dont do much. Most of the affixes dont help at all at endurance. They should have so cool bonuses that overwhelm all of the nerfs I wrote. And the high level player should go deep into endurance to find them.

ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

Buff poison gem scaling a LOT: Since these are not affected by yellow gem.

Buff supressing gem scaling a LOT: For the same reasons.

Buff poison gem skill: Poison gems would pierce through poison resistance.

I have to agree with these. Suppressing Healing is bloody useless, and poison, while useful for picking off swarmlings early on, becomes useless in the later waves.
Showing 31-45 of 62