ForumsForum GamesCount to 100: Mods Allowed To Count

78406 46476759
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!

HOW TO PLAY

1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) makes a stopping post (post without counting) if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden makes a stopping post (post without counting) if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
NOTE: For the time being, Moderators are allowed to help Users count, so as long as the other rules are observed you do not need to restart the count if you see a mod count. However, if a Moderator makes a stopping post, i.e. a post without counting (not the same as a non-count post since they're technically different teams), it is considered an interruption and the count will restart.

CORE RULES

No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.

ADDiTiONAL RULES

No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.

COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
DiSCUSSiON THREAD
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".

END GAME

Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!

SCOREBOARD

bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
FULL SCOREBOARD

MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.

2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.

USERS - 51 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2

LAST TWO WINS

50. 100! - February 12, '24, 11 users, 52 days.
sciller45 (5)[17], HalRazor [5], saint_of_gaming [5], JimSlaps (1)[2], TheMostManlyMan (1)[14], Solas128 [3], nichodemus (2)[9], Widestsinger [5], SirLegendary (2)[22], skater_kid_who_pwns, disastermaster30 (3)[5]

51. 100! - March 17, '24, 11 users, 35 days.
JimSlaps (1)[3], sciller45 (5)[18], saint_of_gaming [6], TheMostManlyMan (1)[15], Strop, skater_kid_who_pwns [2], GhostOfMatrix [4], WidestSinger (1)[6], HalRazor [6], SirLegendary (2)[23], Solas128 [4]

• 78,406 Replies
Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

53. Is the universe truely finite? For all we know, it could actually be the opposite. We just don't have the technology for it.

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

(54) I don't know. I mean, there may be things veeeeeeeery far beyond the farthest part of the Universe we can see, but it takes a long time for light to reach us. Over 13,000,000,000 years for the most far away places. The Universe is just as old as that, so we might never know

I wonder if we'll ever be able to travel faster than light. Or maybe make some... uh... "shortcuts" within the Universe!

PHLHimself
PHLHimself
300 posts
King

55. In a few hundred years, people will be like: "stupid people in the day believed the universe was infinite. It's round."

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

56. ^ If it's perfectly round (or with that flat poles like we have on earth) then something should keep it in that shape. Something in the center, around what everything in the universe is orbiting. It should have an enormous mass so it generates enough gravity force. So now it could be that everything else in the universe might have been created when part of it exploded.

Although this world can suck, small things can mark the difference (like donating blood, bone marrow, or just helping the people near you)

@kalisenpai I like this quote very much xD The most positive thing that you said in your pesimist point of view. BTW is that normal for biochemists? I understand that entomologists sometimes might feel uncomfortable with their job in creating the better world. Don't look for "how to feed mosquitoes" phrase if you don't want to see why I say that....................

zdrk
zdrk
285 posts
King

57. I like to believe that there's more than one universe. If so, then these universes have to be also part of something bigger. And so on on.

In the end it's actually an enormous giant alien blowing a balloon (universe)

kalisenpai
kalisenpai
1,858 posts
Duchess

58. Well, I don't know if it's a biochemistry thing or not...
I do think that most of the people are bad persons and do not respect one another (and that that's the reason of most of nowadays problems). But that doesn't mean I want to be a bad person or do not wanna help people in need. ^^
@PLGuy

I like to believe that there's more than one universe

Rick and Morty? o.o
zdrk
zdrk
285 posts
King

59. That idea doesn't come from there, just my own belief . Haven't seen a single episode of that cartoon yet

PHLHimself
PHLHimself
300 posts
King

60. Although I like Rick and Morty, the concept of multiple universes being it's trope, it's not the first cartoon/series that does that. IIRC Dragonball Z for instance did it, although it was with time travel, it created a new universe for Trunks.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

61. Concept of multiverse comes from the fact that people imagined more than three dimensions. Einstein added the time as fourth dimension. This concept is overused in fantasy now. Traveling in time is being performed by jumping to fourth dimension in the need of finding previous moment of the 3D universe. Intuition prompt uss that if there are 4 dimensions why can't there be 5, 6, 7, 8 and more. Use imagination, build an interesting multiverse around it and voilà. I've watched all 3 seasons of Rick and Morty and didn't see anything new what wasn't introduced so far in some great fantasy books, series and movies. Even better the concept of 4th dimension is shown in the movie: "Interstellar". Like I said it's more fantasy concept, but with a science undercurrent. It's cool even if some solutions are against commonly accepted theories.

PHLHimself
PHLHimself
300 posts
King

62. But the simpsons did it first though.

oyaji3211
oyaji3211
258 posts
Herald

63. If the theory of Dark Energy is true then the universe is expanding at an accelerating rate, so I guess that alone would make the universe "infinite".

PHLHimself
PHLHimself
300 posts
King

64. I wonder if it's not infinite, what will be the barrier that ends it all? Or maybe it just loops from the beginning again...

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

65. @oyaji3211 That's a good point. The acceleration doesn't have to be infinite if that's truth. The only requirement is that it never becomes and stays negative until stop and we have approaching infinity volume.

Or maybe it just loops from the beginning again...

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/45/f6/1d/45f61d079e0f2d2fbeffefed35e1cefd.jpg

So the end is the beginning and vice versa.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

1. Kind of like this thread. Perfect time to illustrate some kind of point.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,827 posts
Duke

2. The point is, of course, the end result or conclusion that you want the other person to accept. It could also be the sharp end of something, like a sword or pencil.

Showing 68521-68535 of 78406