ForumsForum GamesCount to 100: Mods Allowed To Count

78377 46091429
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!

HOW TO PLAY

1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) makes a stopping post (post without counting) if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden makes a stopping post (post without counting) if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
NOTE: For the time being, Moderators are allowed to help Users count, so as long as the other rules are observed you do not need to restart the count if you see a mod count. However, if a Moderator makes a stopping post, i.e. a post without counting (not the same as a non-count post since they're technically different teams), it is considered an interruption and the count will restart.

CORE RULES

No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.

ADDiTiONAL RULES

No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.

COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
DiSCUSSiON THREAD
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".

END GAME

Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!

SCOREBOARD

bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
FULL SCOREBOARD

MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.

2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.

USERS - 51 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2

LAST TWO WINS

50. 100! - February 12, '24, 11 users, 52 days.
sciller45 (5)[17], HalRazor [5], saint_of_gaming [5], JimSlaps (1)[2], TheMostManlyMan (1)[14], Solas128 [3], nichodemus (2)[9], Widestsinger [5], SirLegendary (2)[22], skater_kid_who_pwns, disastermaster30 (3)[5]

51. 100! - March 17, '24, 11 users, 35 days.
JimSlaps (1)[3], sciller45 (5)[18], saint_of_gaming [6], TheMostManlyMan (1)[15], Strop, skater_kid_who_pwns [2], GhostOfMatrix [4], WidestSinger (1)[6], HalRazor [6], SirLegendary (2)[23], Solas128 [4]

• 78,377 Replies
sciller45
sciller45
2,854 posts
Justiciar

*Watches as monkey toy walks in a straight line off the stage* Wow. *wipes a tear off his face* This is the most amazing thing I've ever seen. Can we get to more important things now? Like the number 16. I honestly didn't think 1 was so chill. He's friends with every number! I wonder why he doesn't like to hang out with 00. 7 loves to hang out with them.

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

18. I don't know... maybe they are secret unmapped locations to discover in this epic RPG world?

Okay guys, let's explore this world! we still have 45 hidden locations to find! what items can we get? what NPCs can we talk to? what amazing foes can we fight with? what epic bosses are waiting for us out there? which interesting and rare places are missing? :0

It could be a cold desert with blue sand or maybe an amazing-looking cave system? maybe it could also be an ancient and lost temple in a jungle or a distant snow-filled sinister forest inhabited by mystic creatures we haven't even heard about yet?

YAY! LET'S EXPLORE! ^.^

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

19. I think that somebody delted their account. I remember something like that happened when MattEmAngel (sorry if I made a mistake) did so. I had in history pages up to around 4923. I have no clue who that might be. One clue that comes to my mind is that it was somebody with not more than 689 posts on CT100.
Oh and I've just found the Amulet of Yendor in this RPG. Welp, backtracking all the 25 levels.

Majestic_Fish
Majestic_Fish
1,917 posts
Chancellor

20. I've found a slime. Does anybody knows how to tame one and what's the most dangerous place in this place?

sciller45
sciller45
2,854 posts
Justiciar

21. Tame slimes? No, I think you need to be trained by a beastmaster. 'Till then, you can either have it chase after you or just poke it with a stick. You're not trained, are you? 'cause I got this stick right here? Made of first-class wood I found on the ground.

@PLGuy If you press "last" you'll get to the 4923rd page. That's probably it.

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

23. I didn't find any secret locations yet, what about you, guys?
They must be somewhere though!

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

24. Anyone else getting about a million blank pages on the end?

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

25. Legend was here.

sciller45
sciller45
2,854 posts
Justiciar

26. @TheMostManlyMan Everyone is.

Yeah, I haven't found a secret location. I did once buy a map from a hobo, but the paper only says "X marks the spot". Useless.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

27. @sciller45 That's not it. I wrote that I have in history every page from here up to 4923. And "Last" brings me to 4924. Another proof I have found is in @Yellowcat's "About" - he made his 2222nd post on page 4884.

This dungeon... I have this feeling that I'm going in circles.

sciller45
sciller45
2,854 posts
Justiciar

28. That is... interesting. I'll check the Wayback machine. Maybe it'll be in there, somewhere. I also just checked my history, and it says that, yeah, you're right. When I find the culprit I'll post it here or on someone's profile. Someone deleted their profile on the 22 May.

"Last" brought me to page 4923 at the time of writing. I have picture proof of that. You're right at everything else, though.

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

(30) Man, this is a very hard task, I'm starting to wonder if these locations actually exist, I mean, we've been searching in these tunnels for hours and- OH MY GOD! THIS WALL IS FAKE! AAAAAH! *rushes towards the wall, causing it to collapse*
*cough* *cough* *the dust that was risen starts to disperse*

*discovers the secret location: a haunted, dark and spooky castle, we're in a very big and tall hallway, with many paintings and a few armor stands, all of them with nice-looking armor, a good sword and a neat shield...

But we can also feel some weird aura here, like this place has ghosts or necromancers and things like that...*

I'm super scared, but I'll get in... *walks in*

*suddenly, starts hearing steps, that creepy sound metal makes when it "hits/touches" something, winds that seem to scream... someone wearing armor is slowly walking towards us*

(I do want to flee, but we've been searching for too long, I want to explore this new location)

*a Knight wearing armor, carrying a broken battleaxe and a shield that is almost falling apart arrives close to us, and starts talking*

Knight: Help me! I need help! The Necromancer Puuvr' Kûnhqy is still alive! I, and the other 11 best knights of The Realm tried to put an end on him, but we underestimated his powers, and he killed the other 11, I'm the only survivor! We NEED to kill him as soon as possible!

Me: How can we find him?

Knight: No, HE is going to find us first, we're already in his castle, please, help me killing him, and I'll let you take his Underworld Scepter as a reward, it is a powerful weapon. I just want to go back home, but if I leave this place with him alive, he is going to escape and attack our Realm! Please help me!

Me: Okay, we're going to kill him!

(To be continued)

abcdragon66
abcdragon66
701 posts
Jester

31. Hello! I have returned. Hooray! We will win again! Ooh, a hidden location! This seems interesting!

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

32. Hello Dragon!
Dungeons, ancient knights, necromancers... Sorry guys, I'm done with it. Guys, you will comprehend what do I mean after playing through Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor. Meh, I hope this game has also sandbox elements and this shall work... *recrafts a few pieces of armour into a huge drill*

Majestic_Fish
Majestic_Fish
1,917 posts
Chancellor

33. Yeah, don't count on me. Even though I do desire to study that scepter of something I'm not really keen on risking my life. Why am I an adventurer then? I wonder, I just wanted some materials and they forced me in this role...

Showing 71836-71850 of 78377