ForumsForum GamesCount to 100: Garlic Appreciation Club

78458 47433153
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!

HOW TO PLAY

1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) makes a stopping post (post without counting) if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden makes a stopping post (post without counting) if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
NOTE: For the time being, Moderators are allowed to help Users count, so as long as the other rules are observed you do not need to restart the count if you see a mod count. However, if a Moderator makes a stopping post, i.e. a post without counting (not the same as a non-count post since they're technically different teams), it is considered an interruption and the count will restart.

CORE RULES

No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.

ADDiTiONAL RULES

No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.

COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
DiSCUSSiON THREAD
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".

END GAME

Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!

SCOREBOARD

bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
FULL SCOREBOARD

MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.

2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.

USERS - 51 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2

LAST TWO WINS

50. 100! - February 12, '24, 11 users, 52 days.
sciller45 (5)[17], HalRazor [5], saint_of_gaming [5], JimSlaps (1)[2], TheMostManlyMan (1)[14], Solas128 [3], nichodemus (2)[9], Widestsinger [5], SirLegendary (2)[22], skater_kid_who_pwns, disastermaster30 (3)[5]

51. 100! - March 17, '24, 11 users, 35 days.
JimSlaps (1)[3], sciller45 (5)[18], saint_of_gaming [6], TheMostManlyMan (1)[15], Strop, skater_kid_who_pwns [2], GhostOfMatrix [4], WidestSinger (1)[6], HalRazor [6], SirLegendary (2)[23], Solas128 [4]

• 78,458 Replies
zdrk
zdrk
285 posts
King

1. Hopefully it goes under somekind of spam rule that fellow counters were pointing out :P

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

2. And here I was hoping to steal 100 from everyone. Guess you're just too fast.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

3. There were many times when we just ignored posts like that. People are like TL;DR and post that beautiful yet alone 1. It isn't the best thing I've seen though. Once when I was in CT100 chat a guy counted all the way up from 1 to 100 and was asking me if I'm the one who is handing the quest...

zdrk
zdrk
285 posts
King

4. We could always just in case make another quicky to hundred

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

5. Quicky? With 1 post every 5 minutes that's 95*5=475 min = 8h. Only if 2 people would come to chat, we would set the order and post 1 post every minute that could makes sense (1h 36min). It's 22:45 here and I have to stay up in the morning.

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

(5) uh, wow lol XD
but are you the guy who's handing the quest, PL?
maybe PL is a secret agent! o.o

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

1. Resetting because of double 5. Yeah I am a secret agent that is sometimes sitting all day in ct100 chat without realising so some poor newbies might think that I'm kinda judge. Darn it that dude was so funny - if I were handing that quest I'd give it to him.

I informed HahiHa and we had actually 17 counters this time. That's twice as much as usual!

helpo1
helpo1
3,778 posts
King

(2) - hmm... PLGuy became more active after Gantic announced his retirement... PLGantic confirmed.

We also had a (almost) 168hrs long count. That's five to seven times as long as usual.

And sorry, Chryos, but I still don't really think it's going to get approved. Anyway, if this is going to be my 10th #100, I won't try to get the next one. If it isn't, I most probably will. Simple as that. Promise. Maybe.

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

3. but helpo, you always think the count is never going to get approved

helpo1
helpo1
3,778 posts
King

(4) - anyway, if it is going to be approved, this count was 166hrs 17mins 39s long (from 2017-09-21T18.07.22-04.00 to 2017-09-28T16.25.01-04.00), which beats the previous record of 61hrs 54mins 13s (or 33s) by over a hundred hours.

(The previous record is stated incorrectly as 70hrs 54mins (#23), even though it took place from 2016-01-22T21.24.28-05.00 to 2016-01-25T11.18.41-05.00 (or 11.19.01 if you include the edit).)

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

5. PLGantic... what is that UserFuser 9000?
168 hours of lack of interruption from mods or admins is the actual record even if we loose the count. We need to add a few mins from HahiHa's post and the time that is passing now. It wasn't a competition at all this time :-P But hey - if we win I'll take it!

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,260 posts
Regent

I was checking in from time to time and was sooooooooooooooo tempted to just interrupt the count at 90-something :P
Anyway, I think it should be fine. I'll check the whole count tomorrow, right now I ought to be fast asleep.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

1. @HahiHa That is great to know that this sentence by LordLazyLeopard:

63. Everyone should be increasingly aware that this is just a cruel joke from every mod/admin. They can restart the count at any point before 100. Therefore, they can wait another 3 or 4 days since we probably won't finish the count before then. Then, they'll reset it at around 90, just because mods/admins do that, that's the way things have always been on this thread.

is not true. Mods and admins like users and the lack of interruption on CT100 is an indication of mercy for our recent clumsiness and not a cruel joke. This doesn't always need to be a fight. I appreciate that ceasefire.

LordLazyLeopard
LordLazyLeopard
783 posts
Constable

2. Thank you moderators and admins. I really appreciate your mercy, although, technically, it's grace, not mercy, but, semantics... Also, congratulations on completing the count! I just hate that almost everything interesting happens when I'm gone or sleeping.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

3. Yeah mercy was an unfortunate word, as if we would be on their mercy xD But rlly grace or mercy... I don't think we need that xD But as opportunist I'll take that. Next time we will be too fast to be stopped.

Showing 67366-67380 of 78458