ForumsGamesGemCraft CS: Let's talk about nerfs... (Peter, read this)

109 24483
ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

Okay, so I've heard that V1.0.16 apparently makes bloodbound unamplifiable and "fixes" venom shrines.

What's funny is that neither of these were broken in the first place, nor was anything else, IIRC.

A list of everything that happened to kill the game:
- V1.0.7: Wizard level capped at 10k.
- V1.0.10: Gem enhancement shrines no longer given by sparks (possibly)
- V1.0.12: Shadows called to the field by the Chasing Shadows trait may now be held off until the player is in endurance mode
- V1.0.14: Shrines of Venom and Blades max power decreased and limited to 50% of target hp
- V1.0.16 (supposedly): Bloodbound no longer amplifiable (killed the game)

Can't you see? These nerfs caused the game to slowly decrease in popularity to the point where even the pros don't want to play. Lemme tell you something: If neither the beginners NOR the pros want to play, you've killed your game with something you did. It's pretty obvious what killed the game here. Just undo all the nerfs and figure out new ways to add difficulty. Nerfing things, as seen here, will not get you too far.

• 109 Replies
Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

You have it backwards.

The bug was that NOT charging it within those first 99 waves would give you a loss, even if you had more than 99 waves available, through traits.

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

The bloodbound nerf is, IMO, stupid through and through...

Has anyone else noticed that bloodbound no longer affects the bonus from other specials in amplfiers, meaning the strategy "move the black to the gem and orange or yellow to the amps" doesn't actually work as well as you might hope?

p.s. does this mean poolbound is now better again?

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

[unrelated: what is up with the edit button's weird behavior?]

...It occurs to me that, if a white/orange (or black/orange with enough hits; more complicated to set up) dual gives a better boost to orange than a pure orange, it may still be worth using in an amp.

It's just that target gem's black/white power won't affect incoming boosts anymore.

daniil_sizov_98
daniil_sizov_98
30 posts
Farmer

@fractalman, white grow about linearly, black - exponentially, B >> W. W is just nothing compared to B on high grades.

Amplifiers amplify before B/W bonus is applied

mafilux
mafilux
22 posts
Shepherd

This does make the game almost unplayable for endurance. Which causes the level cap to be completely pointless because no one is ever going to achieve the level cap

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

white scales lower than black by pure upgrading still.

Also, bonuses to the specials other than black/white in amps that are boosted by white/black aren't taken into account. Amps give base mana gain for example, not x15 blood as well.

And, gems with blood amped by nonblood gems still get blood increasing bonus from amp. :/ dunno where you've noticed.

ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

And, gems with blood amped by nonblood gems still get blood increasing bonus from amp. :/ dunno where you've noticed.

He means the bloodbound modifier (increase in multiplier per level) can't be increased like it could be before. Thus, endurance is now about 1.5x harder than it already was, because I'm dying on around wave 122 where I'd normally die on around 190: Grade 15 gem surrounded by 8 amps.

All because of the bloodbound nerf.

Peter, undo the bloodbound amp nerf and MAYBE the past few shrine-related nerfs as well. For the good of your game. I really don't want to have to see this game die off. Like I said, there are other methods of adding difficulty to a game as expansive as this one (e.g. adding new enemy types, making new fields which require a certain achievement to be earned to complete, do what I said a while back about splitting Endurance in three, etc.)

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Thomas, he said that has anyone noticed that blood inside trap no longer amplifies specs gained from amps. Read closely lol.

Also- he's wrong. My pure O gems give me +150% more mana thanks to my bloodbound.

and guys, its not all bad, and bloodbound is still on top.

My multiplier for a grade 58 gem equivalent is x1,333 with only 3.5 million hits.

also- mana is 6 trillion(I stupidly killed all my amps, so now I need to make one form grade 1 again....they were 4 grades(supergem, so actually 5 grades) below and the 6 of them bumped from 6 trillion mana to 10.5 trillion mana. How else can they do that w/o blood multiplier? Grade 40(equivalent is like grade 53) pure O gem gives like +200 million base mana, or something.

Thus, it does and fractal is wrong.

Edit2: Now, a single grade 43(grade 57) mana gem is giving me +2.5 trillion mana. Since base 6, and total amp will give is 15, that means amps give 2.5x the base mana I get. Thus, blood is the only way that happens....

Further comparison-

Currently, with only 1 amp loaded, my G58 gives 8.5 trillion mana, while a (okay, quad) grade 60 gives 7 trillion mana with all amps loaded and with blood amps, too.

Lolz.

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

huh.

*headscratch*

will retest whether amp-boosts get boosted by target-gem black or not.

ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

Well, I'm really, really, REALLY annoyed by the removal of the bloodbound amping, since that made it actually possible to get really far into endurance (and made it possible to do some of the harder possible runs), but at the same time, there's something in this update I like: Field I1's HP increment is finally what it should be (before, it increased insanely quickly and prevented me from getting much XP from it).

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

Thomas, I can go into endurance as far as I did. Grade 78 equivalent killing gem still easily possible. And unlimited firerate - love that.

Dor
Dor
6 posts
Peasant

I personally think that those nerfs are pointless. A normal player does not benefit from them, and a hardcore player suffers from them.

If you get to the point where you can "exploit" those "game breakers", you could have already finished the story 7 times by setting things up in the first wave and sending all waves at once.

All of these nerfs are pointless and undeniably make the game less enjoyable. They don't help anyone.

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

X5 can be cheese-charged. :P

more practically, level 130 is NOT enough to beat redless X-fields, but IS enough to start to take advantage of mana farms. I jumped from 130 to 171, would probably manage only 158 had I done that post-black-nerf.

The crazy exploits required to make a g100, on the other hand...at that point, yes, you could probably set up, ctrl+click all the waves, and even 9x speed and still win.

smario
smario
178 posts
Shepherd

where is 9x speed ? i only see >, >> and >>>

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

> is 1x, >> is 3x, >>> is 9x. Hover and window wil pop up.

Showing 16-30 of 109