ForumsGamesGemCraft CS: Let's talk about nerfs... (Peter, read this)

109 24491
ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

Okay, so I've heard that V1.0.16 apparently makes bloodbound unamplifiable and "fixes" venom shrines.

What's funny is that neither of these were broken in the first place, nor was anything else, IIRC.

A list of everything that happened to kill the game:
- V1.0.7: Wizard level capped at 10k.
- V1.0.10: Gem enhancement shrines no longer given by sparks (possibly)
- V1.0.12: Shadows called to the field by the Chasing Shadows trait may now be held off until the player is in endurance mode
- V1.0.14: Shrines of Venom and Blades max power decreased and limited to 50% of target hp
- V1.0.16 (supposedly): Bloodbound no longer amplifiable (killed the game)

Can't you see? These nerfs caused the game to slowly decrease in popularity to the point where even the pros don't want to play. Lemme tell you something: If neither the beginners NOR the pros want to play, you've killed your game with something you did. It's pretty obvious what killed the game here. Just undo all the nerfs and figure out new ways to add difficulty. Nerfing things, as seen here, will not get you too far.

• 109 Replies
smario
smario
178 posts
Shepherd

yo man.

and i just found out that bombing the waves is the key to high mana and high xp. no manafarm needed.

i just made 6.500.000 xp on A3 with glaring and only 2 traits.
sometimes i had over 500.00 mana to spend ! even made my first grade 13 gem. bombing the (harmless) waves is fun ! i think i spent 200 grade 4 gems for bombing on this field ....

smario
smario
178 posts
Shepherd

man, why did i never bomb the waves before ?
i made over 13.300.000 xp on A4 and got surprise A6 field !

so much mana now .... made ca. 250 grade 5 gems just for bombing ....
and i had 3 grade 14 gems and 1 grade 13 gem at the end.

now it's fun again ....

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

Because you are moron, that's why.

smario
smario
178 posts
Shepherd

no, because i was too cautious ... of course i knew about the angering all the time (not what you think ...)

Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

smario, manafarming helps by allowing you to dramatically increase the amount that you bomb waves.

Rather than bombing something with a few grade 5 gems, try manafarming and bombing with over 100 grade 45 gems, bringing the wave to 999 monsters with 2.11122233344455566e+30 HP, 50 million armor, over 900 mana/kill, and over 10k experience per kill. That "nightmare" wave is easily stopped with an appropriately leveled manafarm.

Kreistor
Kreistor
34 posts
Farmer

Combine Enrage and Manafarm. Manafarm generates the mana, Enrage generates the XP.

And Astroshak is very correct about how to enrage. the bigger the gem, the more the XP increases, but the easier the monster is to kill (lower Armor). But remember, it's not the manafarming gem that does the killing: it's the Crit hit gem in the trap after it that kills. If your mana gem is killing the monsters, you're not generating maximum potential Mana.

smario
smario
178 posts
Shepherd

thanks for your input, gentlemen but at the moment i am happy with
the 16 gem method *) for my towers and bombing the waves.

i think i made a jump from level 222 to level 313 yesterday - and that were just the A and B hexes without improving skills.

before i consider manfarmking an option i will try to reach at least level 500.
it's fun the way it is, at the moment i have enough mana for bombing and it's
not my goal to reach such a high level anyway, because that was done before ......

*) is red still in this formula or shall i replace it ?

8 y1
6 b1
2 r1

2 yb2
2 b2
2 yr2
2 y2

2 yb3
2 yr3

1 yb4
1 yr4

1 yrb5

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

combining methods are here, read carefully.

smario
smario
178 posts
Shepherd

i read it carefully. there is one description for the 16 gem combining.
shall i guess from that graphic what is black, yellow or red ?

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

16-combine doesn't use different colored gems.
32-spec does.

smario
smario
178 posts
Shepherd

ok, then i want a patent for my multi-colored 16 gem method ! (not seriously, but it works fine for me, really)

Astroshak
Astroshak
268 posts
Peasant

The 16 gem upgrade plan uses 1 original gem and 15 copies of it (made by hitting the D key).

The 32 gem multi-color plans are for initial gems only.

Note that the 32 gem plans are specific for the kill and the mana gem, and are not for the amps. Just use the 16 gem upgrade plan on your amplifier gems (start out with 16 G1 gems, combine them per the 16 gem upgrade plan, dupe that 15 times so you have 16 gems again, repeat as often as necessary).

InThrees
InThrees
84 posts
Peasant

@smario

I just read your comment '250 grade 5 gems, just for bombing' and you say mana farms aren't needed.

When I'm doing an XP run I'll end up bombing each later wave with 95-125 grade 35-40 gems. I haven't quite gotten the plan down for the 32 combine mana farm, and have only reached e21 mana levels, but those gem grades would be higher if I could afford it.

Don't knock mana farming. It's not for everyone, sure - but it's the only way to get truly massive XP results.

Altwing
Altwing
23 posts
Scribe

Getting back on topic....

I really hate the nerf to Orblets. It's a very noticeable cumulative decrease.
I don't think I would have endured all the other changes if not for always having orblets available.

It seems like every single version (up to 1.18 at the time of this post) has been going out of the way to make the game harder and less likely for people to buy it or want to play it. I never closed my browser from the day I first started playing, and had a really enjoyable experience for the past 2 months. I had to re-start my computer yesterday and am now playing with the 'new' rules, and I don't like this game at all anymore.

I did get my time and enjoyment out of this game, so it was, for me, 5 bucks well spent, but now I can not recommend this new version to anyone. I tried playing a new game today without the Magician's Pouch and I can't get anywhere. It's just tedious. Just tedious.

I may try it as an intellectual puzzle, an endurance test of my patience, but I'm not smiling when I play.

TheLaw118
TheLaw118
30 posts
Nomad

Speaking of nerfs, when He nerfed the shrine scroll and got rid of Enhancement shrines, i never again saw a single enhancement shrin in the game at all.

Did he completley REMOVE that shrine? Or is there a field or two where it starts at?

Showing 91-105 of 109