ForumsGamesGemCraft CS: Let's talk about nerfs... (Peter, read this)

109 24489
ThomasSpeedrunner
ThomasSpeedrunner
155 posts
Nomad

Okay, so I've heard that V1.0.16 apparently makes bloodbound unamplifiable and "fixes" venom shrines.

What's funny is that neither of these were broken in the first place, nor was anything else, IIRC.

A list of everything that happened to kill the game:
- V1.0.7: Wizard level capped at 10k.
- V1.0.10: Gem enhancement shrines no longer given by sparks (possibly)
- V1.0.12: Shadows called to the field by the Chasing Shadows trait may now be held off until the player is in endurance mode
- V1.0.14: Shrines of Venom and Blades max power decreased and limited to 50% of target hp
- V1.0.16 (supposedly): Bloodbound no longer amplifiable (killed the game)

Can't you see? These nerfs caused the game to slowly decrease in popularity to the point where even the pros don't want to play. Lemme tell you something: If neither the beginners NOR the pros want to play, you've killed your game with something you did. It's pretty obvious what killed the game here. Just undo all the nerfs and figure out new ways to add difficulty. Nerfing things, as seen here, will not get you too far.

• 109 Replies
psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

you won't be able to past 2000 I guess. Real manafarm is mandatory for extreme XP, I'm nearly sure.

InThrees
InThrees
84 posts
Peasant

@fractalman I have 273b xp (and change) @ level 2336. A good xp run that doesn't take FOREVER will usually net me 3-5 billion total (but not necessarily new) xp, and I have premium. However, I haven't done focused XP attempts on too many maps. Lots of maps left to farm.

thunderrider
thunderrider
641 posts
Peasant

Fractal, for 3000 you need approx 3-4 trillion xp.

YinFO
YinFO
2 posts
Farmer

@thunderrider please could you let me know the best way of weaving triple or quad gems.

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

This topic was supposed to be about nerfs. Can we stick to it so Peter will find only valuable opinions here?

rangedfighter
rangedfighter
18 posts
Peasant

sry for offtopic,
but is there a place where you can find all known forumlas about GC CS?

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

Ask me at IRC, I know everything about the game and if not know who knows
IRC Client
Enter name and #gemcraft as channel. Join.

jpvr150296
jpvr150296
7 posts
Peasant

What's the deal with ridiculously high numbers?

IMHO, mooks having E200+ hp is just plain stupid and a plot hole in story (I doubt even the forgotten would be that powerful).

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

it's off the story, it's pushing game to its limits by crazy people like me, thunderrider, cronos51, fractalman, Astroshak and others

fractalman
fractalman
636 posts
Nomad

Yeah. not to mention the whole derail-fail from beating the 228.

InThrees
InThrees
84 posts
Peasant

Someone say 228? =D

smario
smario
178 posts
Shepherd

what really annoys me is the fact that the waves are not increasing proportional. towards the end the curve is too steep.

while you can nearly fall asleep during the first 90 waves, suddenly the amount of monsters and hp explodes.

i just played Y6, only with trait orblets and corrupted banishment on glaring difficulty. still defeated.

smario
smario
178 posts
Shepherd

i thought after beating the game the flying pain was over.

but now they suddenly reappear. 2 gems stolen, then came the shadow flying around like crazy and nearly never materializing while at the same time the giant waves increased. and on top came a grey beast with 620.000.000 hp.
how shall i level up with **** like this ? and it was looming difficulty with only the orblets and swarmling traits. field was C5, where i still haven't got more the 40.000 xp. **** this unfair difficulty.

i am short of giving up on this game.

psorek
psorek
447 posts
Jester

read guides, make manafarm and level up to WL 2000. Links to guides are in sticky topic.

Kreistor
Kreistor
34 posts
Farmer

@smario

You can reduce the appearance of spectres and apparitions, a little. Lower the probability anyway.

1. Use fewer gems to enrage. Bigger gems.
2. Do not summon waves early.

But sometimes you get a random batch that are incredibly inconvenient. Restart. It's all you can do in some cases. They shouldn't appear the same way next time. It really shouldn't happen in every game.

Showing 76-90 of 109